Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Delated

ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
edited June 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Sorry guys thank u for u comments. <3
Post edited by Elisdream on

Comments

• Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    What else would the pack have other than horses? Like what ties it to Native Americans specifically? I'm genuinely just asking because I'm not American and I'm not too familiar with Native American culture.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Well! Many people want horses to have their own pack, and they're talking about a cowboy or middle east inspired pack to introduce horses to the game. I was thinking more in the lines of a pack that might bring together the concept of nature, and the idea of being able to live more connected to nature. I think that these ideas are usually really well received in general, many people loved the idea and the whole community aspect about IL, so I think having a pack with those aspect and introducing another culture would be interesting.

The pack could bring a variety of new plants, as corn, pumkins, beans..., and their own recipies. Probably they could add new herbs, since herbalism is something very usefull to make alternative medicines. Feathers could be collected and be used to make dreamchatchers and other spiritual objects to protection, maybe? I think spiritualism and nature are two aspects that could be very explored.

BUT What I really want to see is About the relationship with animals I think is something very valued so that's why I though I'd like to see horses introduced in these lines of love,freedom, and respect for nature, more than just in a cowboy pack, for example. I think I would like to see how they could explore and exalt the value and love for those kind of animals, that many of these cultures have had so ingrained, and give them this kind of protagonism.
    "For Native Americans today, horses endure as an emblem of tradition and a source of pride, pageantry, and healing. It’s true love, that’s it."

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Unless they agree to share proceeds with the various tribes, this will never happen (in my opinion).
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited June 2020
    @PeculiarPlumbob where are you from? Cuz native americans span all over north and south america.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    This sounds great! A western theme too would work well. I feel like the americana genre wouldve fit with this. Would be cool to have ranches and every too. A wild wild west
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    This sounds great! A western theme too would work well. I feel like the americana genre wouldve fit with this. Would be cool to have ranches and every too. A wild wild west

It would be fun if we could have a world with two different districts. A little town with ranches and more western-like. And the other district in the wild, where sims and horses live more freely. That would be so cool! Haha
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Unless they agree to share proceeds with the various tribes, this will never happen (in my opinion).

I feel like it doesn't need to be about any tribe in particular, it could be more like a representation with the general aspects shared, like the love for nature and animals, and the sense of community with them. ♡
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Elisdream wrote: »

It would be fun if we could have a world with two different districts. A little town with ranches and more western-like. And the other district in the wild, where sims and horses live more freely. That would be so cool! Haha

Sounds like you're asking for a Cowboys and Indians pack. Are you sure that's the direction you want the game to go in?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I am sorry but I am tired of American content.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Given that the various tribes of Native Americans are pretty freaking tired of companies profiting upon the stereotypes of their culture and the over generalization of their depictions in the media without their consent. Shoot a lot of them resent being called Native American, they prefer to being referred to by their specific tribe. I think this might be a hard pass. I am absolutely sure that this suggestion was good hearted in any case.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Elisdream wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I feel like it doesn't need to be about any tribe in particular, it could be more like a representation with the general aspects shared, like the love for nature and animals, and the sense of community with them. ♡

But that doesn't have to be specific to Native Americans... You can play a lot of that out now.
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    where are you from? Cuz native americans span all over north and south america.

@Karon I'm from Northern Europe.

redrogue60 wrote: »
    Given that the various tribes of Native Americans are pretty freaking tired of companies profiting upon the stereotypes of their culture and the over generalization of their depictions in the media without their consent. Shoot a lot of them resent being called Native American, they prefer to being referred to by their specific tribe. I think this might be a hard pass. I am absolutely sure that this suggestion was good hearted in any case.

I think this is a very good point to take into consideration.

• Options
    RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    Ranching and taming horses in general were introduced to the aboriginal people by settlers, so it wouldn't be too good to have that in a native american pack if you were trying to make it not include settlers.

I also think that the sims is better when they don't out rightly say that they're making content for a specific culture. I like it when my game is a different world from the messed up one I live in.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'm sure there are a lot of native American people that would like to see some of the clothing that they like in The Sims at least I'm in a lot of other cultures have clothes in The Sims Japanese Chinese Muslim American European and Polynesian there should at least be a few things for the native American people at least if they want to be truly diverse
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I'm a mixed breed of Western & Eastern European with 1/4 Prairie Cree.
    I would love some Native American/Canadian CAS, build modes, objects, traits, skills & community neighborhood world.