Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have to engage with wizards?

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
edited June 2020 in The Sims Medieval
In any mandatory quests or anything? Im interested in the game but I dont want to do any interactions with any occult characters. Is the wizard (or any spells, witches, whatever) occults integral to the game or main plots? Or are there alternatives in the game to get the same project done?
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2020
    It would depend on what quest is picked and which Ambition. Each Ambition has a set of overall goals for you to complete before you can unlock some other Ambitions. Within those Ambitions there are particular quests that must be completed for you to be able to complete an Ambition. Some may require a wizard that you would play. One of the problems with TSM is you may be repeating quests that you may have already played a few times. But can sometimes play out and choose a different hero or challenge within the quest with a different outcome and points. But yes, at some point in time depending on your own choices a quest may call for there to be a wizard. Also, particular buildings in the game also help fill some of the Ambitions requirements so eventually you may need the wizard house etc.
    ETA: There is a goal to complete X amount of quests as the monarch but (side goals) I was never able to do that one as most quests that I could do as only the king or queen were rare to roll or show up within the list.

Carl's Guide is very detailed in what all the XP, points, quests and Ambitions etc. do within the game. And may help you understand the depth of the game and why some quests call for particular hero. You may be playing as many as two or three at a time. The game also has a very indepth tutorials and lessons to answer some questions.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    @Cinebar thank you so much!!! I will also check out Carls guide!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.