Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Problems

Comments

• beckyh101beckyh101 Posts: 147 Member
    The NAPs are so broke, every NAP that active is giving hidden traits to your sims so every time you visit a new neighbour hood you get the traits associated with them NAPS. If you visit lots of places the sim inherits all the hidden traits of the active NAPs. Even if you reset them all, and turn them all off you still get them.
    The NAPs are majorly messed up and are breaking saves especially if you visit many different lots and neighbourhoods. Needs a fix asap
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    beckyh101 wrote: »
    The NAPs are so broke, every NAP that active is giving hidden traits to your sims so every time you visit a new neighbour hood you get the traits associated with them NAPS. If you visit lots of places the sim inherits all the hidden traits of the active NAPs. Even if you reset them all, and turn them all off you still get them.
    The NAPs are majorly messed up and are breaking saves especially if you visit many different lots and neighbourhoods. Needs a fix asap

The NAPs are by far my biggest disappointment with the pack. The developers need to immediately fix the bugs and spammy nature of most of the plans.
  • YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    I'm on Xbox One and have all the packs. Just got Eco Lifestyle, and the big glitch I have run into is the computer object/freezing game issue. Sometimes it has kicked me out to the Xbox Home screen. The EA Answer HQ is full of bug reports on this EP and the patches.
  • smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member

oh my god I was coming here to complain about my sim suddenly randomly playing with a lump of clay and those knock-off magic-8-balls, even when she didn't previously have any in her inventory, but apparently this is the cause. Great. :|
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    yagwit wrote: »
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with invites? I’ll be invited to another sims home or something and I’ll click yes and nothing happens.

I can't invite more than one sim. Normally, and for as long as I can remember, the limit is set at either 7 or 8

I've had this issue too. I could only invite one person from my household to visit another lot with my sim. I wanted everyone to go. :(
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Has anyone else noticed the large amount of whiny sims including played & NPC sims? It’s like living in a world where all the sims are whiny teenagers!
  • thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    TeeSea wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed the large amount of whiny sims including played & NPC sims? It’s like living in a world where all the sims are whiny teenagers!

Yes, my sims are constantly groaning while looking up at the sky in frustration. Cute the first few times, but getting annoying now—especially as it seems to be unrelated to their traits.
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • Angelini55Angelini55 Posts: 64 Member
    Is anyone else having problems with group interactions? Directing sims in a group to do things together does not seem to be working for me at all. Also, they will not sit at a table for more than a few seconds even if they are eating or drinking.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,447 Member
    edited June 2020
    @mcorral as far as not being able to use the selling tables: did you try going in to build mode & moving the tables slightly? Worked for me.

EDIT: @mcorral Almost forgot: you have to place the items directly on the table in order to sell them. This is different from the other selling tables, which confused me at first until I figured it out.
    Post edited by Starfree on
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    edited June 2020
    I haven't got the EP (and have not intention of buying it either) but the update for it on 3rd. June broke my game, the gardening is wonky, some plants reversing to seed but still showing as nice or excellent etc, and then I found that my sim, who had finished a couple of collections such as the Selvadorada artifact collection and frogs or fishing, is showing as blanks, starting to collect those items as if he had never found a frog or fished anything etc.
    Mods folder out (only use MCCC by Deaderpool) and I updated it, tried with and without CC, problem still persists.
    I have spent a considerable amount of my isolation time playing the sims 4, started with it end of January or beginning of February, I only have about five or six EP's Gp's etc.
    Things like this really put me off buying anything else, as nothing changes with EA policy of throwing unfinished broken Expansions and updates at us.
    I am so very annoyed! And I did not even buy the pack!!!
    I am now probably going to have to waste my time trying to undo the patch, if that is possible.
    Life, real life that is, is precious, so much more now because we live with a lethal threat in our "environment" that can catch us at any time and kill us, and I, like many others, have spent considerable time trying to forget what is outside, by playing and building my game only to be wasted by this irresponsible and cavalier attitude towards us, THE PLAYERS and CUSTOMERS.
    EA, please EA, show some RESPECT, people have spent good money (and money is scarcer than ever now days) in buying this over bugged EP. I feel so sorry for them, for putting ONCE MORE their trust in you as a RESPONSIBLE COMPANY. You are not, you seem to me and many others to be just GREEDY, and I hope that Greed gets its deserved Update, and get totally broken and wasted, and put where it belongs, THE TRASH CAN.
    That's all for now. Got a game to fix.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2020
    TeeSea wrote: »

Yes, apparently that's part of the new update. They do different animations depending on the room. I assume that they do the bored animation when your room is not very decorated and the happy animation when you have a lot of decorations. While it is nice that it seems like they tweaked the score so that it makes your sims less happy, which was a problem in the sims 4...

Why did they think it was a good idea to display these animations every single time?

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member

I have the opposite problem with one sim. He moved from Willow Creek to Port Promise and after the first voting round correctly received the hidden trait for Industrial Progress (the NAP that won). Then I moved him to Conifer station, but he didn't get any hidden trait for the two local NAPS, instead is retaining his Industrial Progress trait. As a result he doesn't gain influence from gardening, repairing or having eco upgraded devices.
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    A few people were mentioning a cheat for repealing Neighborhood Action Plans, but I don't see any each time I shift-click the mailbox. I even had testingcheats on.

You need to shift-click on the voting board for this one....worked great to chase away the annoying Sharing is Swiping the Sink NAP :D
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2020

Oh, no. My sims travel literally everywhere constantly. I would hope that the hidden traits are removed when you go home, at least. No?
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I am having the following problems:

-Items keep disappearing from everywhere. I had luck voting out the Sharing is Caring NAP in one place and it seemed to subside but I don't think its supposed to happen everywhere or, if it is, it shouldn't. Stuff goes missing in the vacation areas, Strangerville etc.

-My sims are obsessed with making birthday cake. Not only my playable sims but the NPC sims as well. No matter where I go, if there is an oven, they make cake or start cake and leave the unfinished or finished cakes everywhere! Luckily for my newest sim, she is able to collect them and recycle them :) The unfortunate side is that sometimes they start one by putting it in the oven then they don't finish and the oven becomes unusable until a friend pops over and empties it out. This is very odd.

-My outside trash can gets filled up and causes my sim to get the dirty surroundings moodlet but I can't interact with the trash can at all. So I just have to delete it and buy a new one (I would recycle it but it can't be put into inventory).

-My plants keep reverting back to their stage 1 appearance (little pile of dirt) then randomly return to full grown, in season and out. It also happens on the vertical garden thing. If I delete the vertical garden and then undelete, it restores it but the outside plants are doomed.

-My sims needs seem to be deteriorating faster than normal. They are so hard to keep up with even when playing just one sim!

-When my sim goes to use the PC, there is a delay before the menu comes up but they can use it. The delay is new

-I have to reset the no trespassing on the doors every time I leave the lot. If I forget, then people end up in my house while my sim is at work and leave stuff there, glasses of milk, the infamous cake etc. Not having the no trespassing set seems to be an invitation for sims to raid your house. That needs to be fixed!!

-I don't normally use mods in my game or custom content (except for the Amoebae shelf). But having played since 2000 and knowing how new installs go, I removed the entire mods folder to see what glitches would occur with the game naturally. Since all of the above occurred without MODS folder or CC I installed the T.O.O.L. mod and this has actually helped. I can now remove unwanted sims from my house and lock them out. I can also remove other objects that are not otherwise supposed to be there (ie a cake pan that was on my lot that just allowed me to "empty oven." I couldn't do anything else with it even in build mode so I moved it to another lot LOL) I was also able to use the balconies in my apartments and everything functions normally. I am not a fan of mods or custom content but this one works great.

I really really hope that someone at Maxis/EA is reading these posts so they can fix these things.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Deanysims096Deanysims096 Posts: 3 New Member
    Having issues with repealing neighborhood actions. I got all the signatures and then the info for the repeal went away. When the polls closed the community lot changed but not the neighborhood actions. Everyone keeps stealing and fighting each other.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    I had to do testingcheats on, then shift-click on the mailbox while the repeal was ongoing to get rid of a NAP. This worked like I had all the signatures which I didn't, just had to click on the one I wanted gone.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Not an actual problem but Knox’s parents didn’t spawn in my game which is really weird lol 🙃🙃 Are they in the Gallery because I think they’re super adorable....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,942 Member
    I am having the following problems:

-My outside trash can gets filled up and causes my sim to get the dirty surroundings moodlet but I can't interact with the trash can at all. So I just have to delete it and buy a new one (I would recycle it but it can't be put into inventory).

-My sims needs seem to be deteriorating faster than normal. They are so hard to keep up with even when playing just one sim!

I really really hope that someone at Maxis/EA is reading these posts so they can fix these things.

For the trash can you need to have the recycle something lot trait. Then you can click on the trash can and sort for recycles and components.

I thought my sim's needs were deteriorating faster. I don't want to buy the rewards that make your sim need less sleep, etc.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member

I am having this problem too, so I've had to stop playing for now. There's a thread at the AHQ discussing this so I hope everyone who's experiencing the issue will click the "me too" button. I hope the devs will jump on this problem right away, because it's the pits to not be able to play my game.

Link to the bug report- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-NAPs-from-all-neighbourhoods-are-applied-to/td-p/9185155
  • flautist97flautist97 Posts: 1 New Member
    My Sim just got promoted to Installation Intern. Working from home, and one of her daily tasks is to present a municipal concept. I don't have any that are available to present, I've been keeping up with submitting them as they come along. I went to the drafting tablet to make another one, and now I have a new concept option, but municipal is no longer available. I'm not sure how to fulfill this requirement for her career now, as this was the only place it was available in the first place.
  • Oreoo93Oreoo93 Posts: 1 New Member
    Even sims without the freegan trait keep stealing things from my sims home. I can’t have anyone on my lot with Luong locking the door because they immediately start taking/stealing things and there’s nothing my sim can do to stop them.
  • CeiCeiHCeiCeiH Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2020
    I am not sure if this is due to me pre-ordering EL or not, but I went to load a current game and got the notification that some items were not longer available. The outfit my sim was wearing is there in CAS, but it doesn't show the same on my Sim. Then I noticed several items are no longer available on build mode to buy that were there before.
    ~~ Nothing like being a happy Simmer! We let all hell break loose!! :D ~~
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2020
    Here's a mod fix for the NAP problem: https://simvasion.wordpress.com/portfolio/nap-autonomy-fixes/#more-2447

ETA: I don't know if the hidden traits that NPCs already have will be removed or not, but at least this fix stops it from continuing.