Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: June ’20 Eco Lifestyle Patch

Comments

• shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
    I thought KawaiiStacie had stated that sol is compatible but maybe I am wrong. Have had so many mods to check status on.

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    @GalacticGal @Lumpinou @shandra2183 Re. SOL, chatter on KS's Discord server right now suggests that you may need to update to 4.4.1 from 4.4. The site does right now direct to her Patreon for downloading it (though it looks like that redirect page was just overhauled, which would explain it not being visible earlier). Try redownloading the most recent version. I highly recommend getting support on her server when you have issues with her mods. The people there know what the usual behaviour of her mods is best, and any current issues.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Reported Fine by Creator
    • Icemunmun: Harvestables and recipes; chicken coop, canning and nectar making.
      The candle making works with my table but ofcourse not with the EA one. The candy dispensor, cotton candy machine, witchy cauldron work but you can buy one item at a time instead of in bulk. Only the override mods will require an update
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • guedesguedes Posts: 22 New Member
    selectable pets are working in this patch, anyone know about?
  • LumpinouLumpinou Posts: 29 Member
    @guedes do you mean the playable pets mod? If so - last I heard it was still broken from the previous update... Haven't seen anything about that since. If "selectable pets" is something else though, ignore this comment!

As for SoL, info duly noted, thanks all!
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Just a quick tip, since we are adding and removing mods so often - delete the "Resource" file in your mods folder each time. During normal gameplay this file is fine, but I find it can cause a lot of issues when moving mods around. So if you're having issues, try getting rid of that file first.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Lumpinou wrote: »
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > I am at my wit's end. The only way my game will load from the neighborhood screen is if I don't have mods enabled.
    [...]
    > 2nd UPDATE: MCCC and RTF are installed and my game loaded! Yay. I can't tell you how happy I am. I'll wait until KS gets SOL sorted before I return it, although she was of the mind it was okay, to a degree anyway. I'm suggesting, not so much.

Strangely, I also had an issue with loading from the world screen, it started mid gameplay and then I couldn't travel back home. I hadn't saved so I just left, removed all mods, put them back. Then it happened again, so I removed them one by one, I started with SOL ,and the problem was gone. So, like you I thought, this must be the problem.
    But then I just played some, and eventually went ahead and put it back in to be sure. And I haven't had any issue. So I wouldn't swear that the mod is the problem - I've found that after updates (well right before and right after actually), removing all mods, cleaning origin and sims 4 cache and putting them back in often solves problems that I mistakenly attributed to this or that specific mod. Like, I remove mods folder for the update, then once updated put back in the mods that are updated / reported to work, and there's a problem; I remove again, clean all caches, put everything back in, and the problem is gone. I don't know in your case if SOL is truly buggy in your game or if it would become non-buggy again if you put it back in like in my case... This is all so complicated haha.

I just spent this last couple of hours slowly and I do mean slowly adding back the 18th century cc and hair I needed for my other game save. I took the time when I removed it to do what others suggested. I made separate folders for the hair; the women's dresses; men's clothing, etc. I moved them in one folder at a time, cleared the localthumbcache.package and started the game. I used the one game save I was playing this morning, since I knew I could get into that one, and I didn't want naked, bald Sims in my other game save. LOL So far, all tested well. I finally opened up my 18th century game save and all seemed well, too. I'm ecstatic. MCCC is working, Road to Fame is working and my cc is working. Oddly enough, I was 'missing' two hairstyles and when I was scrolling through on a male Sim, I have no clue as to why I clicked on the hair, but sure enough the two 'missing' feminine hairstyles were there. :open_mouth: On a whim, I brought his sister into cas (had the entire family there) and I was able to locate those same feminine hairstyles for her. Weirdness.

After my success today, I may get wild and crazy and place SOL back into my game just to see if it takes. I can play without it, but I do enjoy what it brings to the game, even so. :) Where do I find the Origin cache? I've never cleaned it, although I just uninstalled and reinstalled Origin again today.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    Lumpinou wrote: »
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > I am at my wit's end. The only way my game will load from the neighborhood screen is if I don't have mods enabled.
    [...]
    > 2nd UPDATE: MCCC and RTF are installed and my game loaded! Yay. I can't tell you how happy I am. I'll wait until KS gets SOL sorted before I return it, although she was of the mind it was okay, to a degree anyway. I'm suggesting, not so much.

Strangely, I also had an issue with loading from the world screen, it started mid gameplay and then I couldn't travel back home. I hadn't saved so I just left, removed all mods, put them back. Then it happened again, so I removed them one by one, I started with SOL ,and the problem was gone. So, like you I thought, this must be the problem.
    But then I just played some, and eventually went ahead and put it back in to be sure. And I haven't had any issue. So I wouldn't swear that the mod is the problem - I've found that after updates (well right before and right after actually), removing all mods, cleaning origin and sims 4 cache and putting them back in often solves problems that I mistakenly attributed to this or that specific mod. Like, I remove mods folder for the update, then once updated put back in the mods that are updated / reported to work, and there's a problem; I remove again, clean all caches, put everything back in, and the problem is gone. I don't know in your case if SOL is truly buggy in your game or if it would become non-buggy again if you put it back in like in my case... This is all so complicated haha.

I just spent this last couple of hours slowly and I do mean slowly adding back the 18th century cc and hair I needed for my other game save. I took the time when I removed it to do what others suggested. I made separate folders for the hair; the women's dresses; men's clothing, etc. I moved them in one folder at a time, cleared the localthumbcache.package and started the game. I used the one game save I was playing this morning, since I knew I could get into that one, and I didn't want naked, bald Sims in my other game save. LOL So far, all tested well. I finally opened up my 18th century game save and all seemed well, too. I'm ecstatic. MCCC is working, Road to Fame is working and my cc is working. Oddly enough, I was 'missing' two hairstyles and when I was scrolling through on a male Sim, I have no clue as to why I clicked on the hair, but sure enough the two 'missing' feminine hairstyles were there. :open_mouth: On a whim, I brought his sister into cas (had the entire family there) and I was able to locate those same feminine hairstyles for her. Weirdness.

After my success today, I may get wild and crazy and place SOL back into my game just to see if it takes. I can play without it, but I do enjoy what it brings to the game, even so. :) Where do I find the Origin cache? I've never cleaned it, although I just uninstalled and reinstalled Origin again today.

I don't see a cache in my Origin folder. You can find your origin folder on your C drive. mine was in the Program files (86) folder.
  • ohzunaohzuna Posts: 11 New Member
    SOL is working just fine for me, no issues with that at all. But KS's Education System Bundle was keeping my freelancer sim from being able to send fabricated items to his clients via computer. Specifically, the "KS - Online Schooling" folder. It kept the option from showing up (he could only "chat with client")

Somebody mentioned in a bug report that removing the education system bundle fixed their freelancer interactions, so I did a LOT of testing, and that specific folder was definitely the culprit for me.
  • LumpinouLumpinou Posts: 29 Member
    @GalacticGal @Bananas_45 the origin cache is in program data/origin. Here is an EA thread about it: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/
    Deleting this cache has fixed my game several times, I read about it over at Carl's sims website. It seemed that this cache had info about cc and mods that I had deleted and were buggy but the deletion didn't fully take until that cache too was deleted.
  • StarryMightStarryMight Posts: 98 Member
    @luthienrising : Visit Grandma/Grandpa Daycare Override (MSQSims) - Clicking this takes me to the front page of this topic.
    ~*~ Star light, star bright, I am StarryMight! ~*~
  • LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    jessallie wrote: »
    Is anyone successfully using anything by Necrodog ie: Amusement Park, toaster, cookie jar?
    I have Necrodog toaster I will go check to see if it's working
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    edited June 2020
    @luthienrising I think NPCC is preventing some roles like the barman to be filled, again... I'm still testing it though

EDIT - I confirm this.
    Post edited by SiliClone on
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I am sad to report that it appears that Bake Cupcake Machine Items In Oven by emilypl27 on Mod The Sims is broken. I had to remove it because it conflicts with off the grid, it will give you the option to bake cakes and cupcakes, but the sims never complete the recipe, they just add vanilla and stir, in a continuous loop. It may still work fine for any lot not using off the grid, I haven't tried it yet on an on the grid lot since the patch, but I just thought I'd give anyone who may have it in their game a heads up. The creator hasn't updated it in nearly a year so I don't have much hope of it being fixed either.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    edited June 2020
    I am sad to report that it appears that Bake Cupcake Machine Items In Oven by emilypl27 on Mod The Sims is broken. I had to remove it because it conflicts with off the grid, it will give you the option to bake cakes and cupcakes, but the sims never complete the recipe, they just add vanilla and stir, in a continuous loop. It may still work fine for any lot not using off the grid, I haven't tried it yet on an on the grid lot since the patch, but I just thought I'd give anyone who may have it in their game a heads up. The creator hasn't updated it in nearly a year so I don't have much hope of it being fixed either.

That's probably really easy to update but I think LMSSam has something similar and up to date. I have this mod, though... I'll probably update it in the comments on MTS
  • SashasonicSashasonic Posts: 69 Member
    Hi, @Pamtastic72 I use Emily's Bake Cupcakes in the Oven, (and just tested on an off-grid lot) and it's working for me. Perhaps check to make sure you have no incompatible mods, she mentions in her post? Or any broken recipes in general.
    Z7FwSmQ.gif
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    NPCC might be very broken, it was giving every of my sim the klepto trait.
  • LemongrabLemongrab Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't know if anyone else uses the Fanart Maps by NoirSims and DerShayan but they've been updated. Apologies if it's already been said. https://www.dershayan.de/post/updated-fanart-maps-for-eco-lifestyle-patch
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    DarkAudit wrote: »
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    It seems that @LittleMsSam's automatic thermostat does not work on my retail lot, even with the latest update. It will take my money when clicking activate, but it will not get greyed out and saying that it is already activated. And ChangeIntoEverydayWhenInside mod doesn't work either on my retail lots. The retail lot is in NEWCREST if that matters. Both mods do work on regular home lots though, even in NEWCREST, but not on my retail lots. Just thought I mention this here. Does anybody else have this? And yes, I have the latest, updated versions.
    Check if you actually got the new file - I know there's been issues with simsfileshare where the file isn't updated even though the creator updates it - make sure to check the date on the file.

As I have said, I do have the latest according to the date.

If you got it from SFS, it may still be the wrong date, even though the "Updated" date is current. Google Drive is the way to go for her stuff to be sure.

Thanks, but I had the correct download folder from GoogleDrive.

Had a little chat with Sam on her discord and everything works fine now. I made a new save, repaired the game "once again" and for now everything works fine. No clue why it didn't before, because I did the exact same thing. Also the reason why my Sims wouldn't change into every day when iside was because her mod only works on home lots. On Community lots you also have to add the lot trait. I didn't know that.
    So I did and problem solved for retail lots.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

@luthienrising : Visit Grandma/Grandpa Daycare Override (MSQSims) - Clicking this takes me to the front page of this topic.

Sorry about that @StarryMight! updating it to this: msq-sims.blogspot.com/p/all-mods.html
    @Lemongrab You'll find that link on p. 1 :) It's regularly updated.
    @sennawales Did you test NPCC alone on a fresh save? (It might need a fresh save for testing, unless you quit unsaved.) Asking because it's the first report and it's been a while, given it's a relatively popular mod, I think.
    Thanks, @Pamtastic72 !

Broken
    • Bake Cupcake Machine Items In Oven (emilypl27)

Updated
    Updated Food and Gardening Mods
    Broken CC
    • Rideable Motorcycle - The Beast modification (Esmerelda) - sound is broken

Updated CC
    New and Relevant
  • StarryMightStarryMight Posts: 98 Member

Sorry about that @StarryMight! updating it to this: msq-sims.blogspot.com/p/all-mods.html
    Thanks! :)

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am StarryMight! ~*~
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Sashasonic wrote: »
    Hi, @Pamtastic72 I use Emily's Bake Cupcakes in the Oven, (and just tested on an off-grid lot) and it's working for me. Perhaps check to make sure you have no incompatible mods, she mentions in her post? Or any broken recipes in general.

I don’t have any custom recipes, but I will check on the incompatible mods. Thanks. 🙂
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    guedes wrote: »
    selectable pets are working in this patch, anyone know about?

i haven't tested the mod out w this update, but i'll give you an update when I do!!
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    edited June 2020
    @luthienrising i'm not sure if you posted this or not but @LittleMsSam updated the Various Seating Fixes/Additions mod last week :) I would post the link here, but i always seem to mess it up somehow because i have no idea how to post links (the short way)... if that makes sense
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
    @llamasflu Just copy and past the link from your browser bar, please? I can check then if it's included in something I've posted :) (Search isn't helping, and it's not a familiar-name mod.)

Updated

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top