March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ECO - My main problem with elections

My main issue with the voting is the frequency! Or - to implement the community voting events with the time passing in my own game.

This game is set up to have up to 4 weeks per calendar year (Seasons). This means 16 elections every single year of a sim's life! It's A LOT of administration and probably less time to actually see the benefits from the Action Plans and the Community Space. Anyone who votes, will shortly have to vote again as they will see the result of their previous voting efforts fade away before they can say RECYCLE.

The time premises with up to 16 weeks per year was set by EA. So why did they not make the frequency of these votings match a bit better? Some of us run just 1 week per season though, 4 per calendar year, so one community voting frequency won't fit all.

So why did they not leave it to us to decide when a vote shall start? It would not need to be triggered by Fridays at all. We could simply have an option on that voting board "Start N.A.P. voting" and "Start Community Space voting". Only one vote at the time would be fine. And each vote could still last for 3 days, the game knows exactly what time it is and could easily count down and announce the results.

This would allow us all to customize this great feature to the way we play. With a number of packs added, we might not want to focus only on the Eco stuff, and the current voting routine will keep going on weekly also when we want to focus on other content again. Then I can see the voting popups to be kinda annoying, because I really don't plan to keep voting weekly for the rest of the time I play TS4 (yes, I can toggle it off, but it would be more convenient if I could simply decide when to start each voting).

*stepping down from soapbox*
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    I have so far only made sure I vote for the first 4 weeks so I can decide what I want in my neighborhood, after that it dosen't change unless I want to use the petition for repeal
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,635 Member
    edited June 2020
    Ah, good to know it stops when the 4 plans are in. But does that mean we can no longer change the Community Space after 4 votings?

Edit: Found it's easy to add and change plans manually per hood, so maybe the clue is to actually fill them up right away, and perhaps remove one of them according to my own schedule :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I think it's great that once the 4 NAP are in place that they stay until you repeal them the 4 day (3 day?) Voting period adds a touch of challenge which is nice. It's fairly easy to game the voting system though so that's a bit of a shame but still I'm cool with it.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Anyone else having issues where nobody is voting for the community space projects??? Every time I look there are zero votes for everything??