Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sharing is caring is annoying.

Sharing is caring isn’t even the chosen NAP in my sims world, but items are disappearing from community lots, it’s so annoying, sent my uni sim to party to celebrate the end of the semester and while using the bathroom, the dj booth, tables and chairs disappeared. Why? Hmm? What was the reason? This seems more like an annoying glitch than a fun feature. I have to redecorate the lot now.

Comments

• Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I know! I had to get a mod to stop NPC's from stealing because of it. I wish there was a way to get rid of it without mods like you can with the gnome holiday tradition.
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    I had to get everyone to sign a repeal, “sharing is stealing.”
  • Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    You can also use testingcheats on, then shift-click on the mail box to repeal it.

Thanks!
  • thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    Yeah, I repealed it in my game and immediately set the options so that only my played-sims are the ones who vote.
    Never forgive, always forget.
    edited June 2020
    Sharing is caring isn’t my current NAP I disabled nice voting and these random sims are still taking objects from community lots

This isn’t fun or cute, it’s taking away from my gameplay and I hate it
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    edited June 2020
    Tony89 wrote: »
    Sharing is caring isn’t my current NAP I disabled nice voting and these random sims are still taking objects from community lots

I think there's a bug (don't be too shocked) where NAPs from other neighbours apply globally. No matter what neighborhood I go to, people flirt with my Sim due to 'free love' or whatever it is, despite not being active.

In another save, my Sim kept ding push-ups, sit-ups, and stretching, cancelling anything they did as another neighbourhood had it.
    I’m noticed soooo many bugs
    My sims walked through everything now, NAP’s that haven’t been voted in my neighborhood are happening....my sims is at university yet she’s getting charged for not conserving power...but she lives in a dorm!! So frustrating
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    Something about that ordinance smells a little (real life) political to me. I would hope this stays out of the Sims 4.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I think it is supposed to be annoying. Just some silly things for people who doesn't mind some chaos in this game.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Why didn't they just come up with a free bin where anyone could go and pick out what they wanted for free. Like shairing is caring isn't stealing but donations. I can see I will never buy this EP, ever. There are so many weird things and ideas and bugs it's almost laughable. What about gameplay do they not understand? Even allow players to mark what items are perma and controlled by player on lot. I mean they get to make lots that can't be edited so why didn't they give that power to a player to mark items on the lot as not stealable unless the player unmarked it. Sometimes, I wish I had back an eyeroll emotioncon. The more I read about this pack the worse it sounds day by day.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I think it’s bugged. Or I hope it is.
    My sim was in the pub in Evergreen Harbor, as she sat having a drink the pub was stripped piece by piece by the same two sims. They took all the tables, The benches, the tv, the bar stools as soon as they were vacated, the duke box. And to add insult to injury the two sims doing it were not locals of Evergreen Harbor, they lived in Windenburg and Willow Creek. I didn’t think that was meant to happen? My sim who did live in Evergreen Harbor couldn’t take anything from the pub.

Watching the entire pub get stripped slowly piece by piece with no consequence whatsoever is ridiculous, it’s not chaos, It’s not realistic, it’s just annoying knowing I’ll have to go back in and re decorate the pub later.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    lambcaey wrote: »
    Honestly, why would anybody wanna vote for an act that would let Sims steal from you? That whole act needs to be gotten rid of completely in the next patch.

Same goes for any talk of burglars in the game.
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

Honestly, I want burglars. This Sharing is Caring thing is completely different. At least with burglars, you hope that it comes with a burglar alarm and the cops will arrive with a chance of capturing the crook. Whereas with the NAP there is no chance of anything and is a guaranteed loss.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I was going to buy the pack in the next couple weeks, but after reading this thread and a few other bug threads, I think I'm going to hold off until they release another patch. There are too many things that affect the whole game that I don't want to deal with. :s
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member

I agree
    new.png

Honestly, I want burglars. This Sharing is Caring thing is completely different. At least with burglars, you hope that it comes with a burglar alarm and the cops will arrive with a chance of capturing the crook. Whereas with the NAP there is no chance of anything and is a guaranteed loss.

I agree.
    new.png
    NoTalent wrote: »

I think there's a bug (don't be too shocked) where NAPs from other neighbours apply globally. No matter what neighborhood I go to, people flirt with my Sim due to 'free love' or whatever it is, despite not being active.

In another save, my Sim kept ding push-ups, sit-ups, and stretching, cancelling anything they did as another neighbourhood had it.

I'm having the same issue and I don't like it, I feel like I can't play with my other households, I'm scared they will start kissing on each other and they are always walking around dazed.
    new.png
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    lambcaey wrote: »
    Honestly, why would anybody wanna vote for an act that would let Sims steal from you? That whole act needs to be gotten rid of completely in the next patch.

We want burglars because we want more chaos and unexpected events that add more reality to Sims' everyday lives. The game is very candycoated as it is, with the worst thing happening to your Sims being death by old age, or the occasionally stupid death from hot/cold if they're in inappropriate clothes. It doesn't feel like a game simulating life anymore without any of the bad or chaotic things in real life. This game could do with more consequences and tragedy to really make it feel like life. You have to actively try to kill your Sims now, and things like fire take multiple attempts to even kill Sims. The number of types of deaths has dropped since TS2 and TS3, and losing your job in this game isn't even something that happens to a Sim who barely shows up to work once a week. I've played this game for about it's entire lifespan now, and my Sims have never been in danger of losing a job no matter how terrible I have them be at it. The game really isn't much fun if it's so perfectly controlled and a perfect little utopia where everyone is perfect and happy and no one does any bad things and it's all sunshine and rainbows and lollipops.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    My sim was in the pub in Evergreen Harbor, as she sat having a drink the pub was stripped piece by piece by the same two sims. They took all the tables, The benches, the tv, the bar stools as soon as they were vacated, the duke box. And to add insult to injury the two sims doing it were not locals of Evergreen Harbor, they lived in Windenburg and Willow Creek. I didn’t think that was meant to happen? My sim who did live in Evergreen Harbor couldn’t take anything from the pub.

Watching the entire pub get stripped slowly piece by piece with no consequence whatsoever is ridiculous, it’s not chaos, It’s not realistic, it’s just annoying knowing I’ll have to go back in and re decorate the pub later.

Honestly, Sharing is Caring can stay, but it needs to ONLY apply to non-dorm residential lots. I think the spirit of the NAP is lost when people can just loot any old lot willy nilly. Something like a neighborhood vote is the residents voting to help one another out - so Sharing is Caring is Bob Pancakes saying that Mortimer Goth can come and take his grill at any time as long as Bob can go over and take Mortimer's chessboard. It's not your local pub or museum allowing you to come in and ransack a place of business, since the pub or the owner aren't neighbors and they have legitimate business or services to provide. I think if they add the "Non-Dorm Residential Only" caveat to Sharing is Caring, it would make things 10000% more better.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

Honestly, Sharing is Caring can stay, but it needs to ONLY apply to non-dorm residential lots. I think the spirit of the NAP is lost when people can just loot any old lot willy nilly. Something like a neighborhood vote is the residents voting to help one another out - so Sharing is Caring is Bob Pancakes saying that Mortimer Goth can come and take his grill at any time as long as Bob can go over and take Mortimer's chessboard. It's not your local pub or museum allowing you to come in and ransack a place of business, since the pub or the owner aren't neighbors and they have legitimate business or services to provide. I think if they add the "Non-Dorm Residential Only" caveat to Sharing is Caring, it would make things 10000% more better.

You can apply it in a neighbourhood where you have only residential lots.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Burglars can’t be compared to this I don’t think, burglars in previous games never stripped your entire house bare; I believe they had a limit of five items but more importantly burglars had consequences with the police coming out and your sims reacted to burglars. I have a sim in sims 2 who is still upset and having nightmares about her burglar and it was a week and a half ago in sim time.

Having to sit and watch sims just casually take items from community lots left, right and centre with no consequence and no reaction from anyone is not good game play. If an NPC police officer showed up to arrest them that would be fine. Like the Unsavory Charlatan in the sims 2 could pickpocket people, it was annoying sometimes if he got your sim but when he did sims reacted and your sims could report the foul play. - consequence. There is no consequence for caring is sharing or whatever it’s called. Well there is, the player has to redecorate the community lot. That’s not much of a consequence.

If burglars come back to the sims 4, have the ability to remove every item whilst your sims stand around watching and doing nothing and you can’t phone the police then I don’t want burglars back.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Wow. The more I hear about this pack the less I want to get it. Once again it is a case of something being coded to happen way too often. Since when does "Sharing is caring" equal robbing a place blind? That doesn't make any sense. The worst part is that when/if they do fix it in the next patch, it will probably be nerfed so bad that it rarely ever happens. Even for those who do actively vote for it or want it to happen.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    You can always lock your doors or put a fence round your property and lock the gate if you want to keep them out.