Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scuba Diving Adventure GP - Detailed idea

Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
edited June 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
So, I have been vocal about feeling that Island Living disappointed me. I have long dreamed of a stunning underwater world in TS4, since its graphics is just perfect for magical, fantasy scenery, and what is more mystical than the ocean?
I posted a detailed idea for a Tiki Island Paradise EP a few years ago, but since IL is the EP we got, a GP that focuses on scuba diving adventures seems like the right way to go. Like how JA focuses on adventures in the jungle, this pack would have unlockable diving lots to explore, hidden lots and secrets to be found.

World
The world itself could be Tiki themed, with ancient tribal folklore and artifacts. Since the majority of the world is underwater, the overworld would be relatively small - maybe three rental lots and two beaches. This would probably be a destination world.
EDIT: Yeah, scrap the Tiki theme. Go down to my comment explaining a Cape Town overworld theme! Way more exciting :smiley:
kvLlv8x.jpg

Diving spots
There could be five diving spots, each with a specific style. Each diving spot could act as its own neighbourhood, with a small lot and an expanse of public space. The spots should be big enough to be worth exploring, and not shy of heavy decoration when appropriate. Most of the diving spots would be locked, forcing sims to level up their diving skill and complete challenges to unlock new ones.

Shallow reef
EvOvpVi.jpgbZUC0bF.jpg
Akin to TS3 diving spots, this spot would be a calming and relatively open. There could be a shallower area with a small reef, and more rocky areas as you go deeper. The sea life here could include star fishes, small stingrays, tropical fish and cute leopard sharks, as well as some shellfish. Collectables here are common, and you won't find any treasure chests etc. This lot is immediately available.

Yellow kelp forest
aXKJ0j1.jpggZMhFiV.jpgXtIqjNB.jpg
This spot is deeper than the shallow reef and is thick with long, gently waving kelp in various shades of yellow and brown. This has a more mysterious atmosphere to it, and occasionally tense since your sim can't always see what's lurking behind the kelp. It would be interesting if the water colour is reminiscent of blackwater. Sea life here includes bigger fishes that swim around lazily, lobsters and red crabs dwelling at the bottom, and a chance of a dangerous shark or barracuda appearing. Collectables here range from common to uncommon. You might find some valuables here, but mostly smaller trinkets. This lot could be unlocked at level 3 scuba diving (out of 10 levels).

Spooky green shipwreck cove
CCg7kjk.pngUKzRjhk.jpg
This spot is strewn with shattered pieces of multiple shipwrecks. Slimy green seaweed seems to grasp at passing divers, the water is murky green and ugly fish dwell through the haze and in dark corners. They say this spot is cursed, and the ghosts of the lost souls who die at sea wonder here at night. Sea life could include angler fish, sword fish, generally any ugly fish and dangerous sharks. There is a good chance of being attacked if your sim dives here, and if they aren't careful, they might join the ghosts who dwell here as well. Collectables here are often valuable, and sims may find treasure chests in the wreckages. They can explore inside the ships, sometimes having to figure out a puzzle or two (ex: finding hidden treasure vaults through hidden doors, getting past guard sharks etc). This lot could be unlocked at level 5 skill, after finding out about it from a local sim telling folkstales.

Mysterious deep sea caves
IQBmCvM.jpgi38I2cS.jpgtyWNMW7.jpg
This spot should capture the mystery, spookiness and awe of the unexplored depths. The water is royal blue and fades into navy blue at the edges. This spot consists largely of a network of eroded caves. Sea life could include schools of tiny silver fish, little blue crabs and oysters that have a chance of containing shiny pearls. There isn't much life here, but that lends it a quiet, beautiful eeriness. There may be silhouettes of whales in the background - if a sim sees a whale, you can click on the silhouette and "speak whale." The only real danger here, is going too deep into the caves with too little air and thus drowning before you can get out.This diving spot is the portal to the hidden lot, and your sim will have to solve a few puzzles and find parts from various diving spots to put together and use as a key. This diving spot could be unlocked at level 4, but you can only successfully find the hidden lot at a minimum of level 7 or 8 because of the requirements to unlock the portal.
The Hidden Lot
The hidden lot could either be Atlantis or a Tiki Temple. I think Atlantis would be more interesting, but the lot could maybe combine the two by making Atlantis a Tiki temple that is mostly underwater but also leads out of the water into an air bubble. There could be interesting things to find in the hidden lot, as well as a magical item that gives you some control over sea life (mermaid-like powers, but more powerful).

Barbie Mermadia-themed spot
H2wevUE.pngiDMjSKr.pngnZqQ9Rs.jpg
This would be a very girly but very beautiful spot, adorned with massive and plush pink, purple, blue and orange anemones, sponges, corals etc. It is essentially a fantasy reef. The water would be sparkling sapphire. Sea life could include beautiful, colourful fish, turtles and maybe a dolphin or two. Collectables here could be rare, since it is a magical place. This lot would ideally be unlocked through befriending a mermaid, but since that would rely on having IL, it would have to be unlocked through a different means. It should be unlocked with effort, and not simply through leveling up in diving skill. Possibly finding a special map, befriending a local and asking said local about the "missing pieces" that your sim doesn't understand because of a lack of folklore knowledge.
suzyl3 wrote: »
@NoirSims drew some concept photos for the dive lots!

KRP607T.png

Mermaids
If you have IL, mermaids get added functionality in this pack. Mermaids will spawn in the Mermadia diving spot, thus making it a very nice hangout for them. Generally, mermaids will absolutely love diving and start out with the skill maxed. They need no gear, can be underwater indefinitely, have special interactions with sea life, can eat raw kelp etc. Mermaids can socialize underwater as if they are on land, thus making it super easy for them to hang out at diving spots together just as well as at a bar. They have some special interactions with each other underwater and are able to survive there indefinitely, thus allowing us to pretend that they live there.

Normal sims diving
Sims need diving gear, which they can purchase at a stall on the island. More expensive gear have perks, but only up until a point (determined by your diving skill). Sims can also buy underwater cameras and take beautiful pictures, including selfies. If the camera's flash goes off, it may spook the fish, which have several possible outcomes. Fish may flee from you, attack you (specie-dependent and much more likely in creepy spots and at night) or be curious and approach you, for example. Sims can interact with sea life, catch them and possibly be attacked by them, possibly fatally (sharks). Sims can collect various things underwater, and solve the puzzles mentioned earlier. Clicking on a sim brings interactions such as: swim around, explore and admire surroundings. Sims can socialize underwater, but with some limitations, and socializing uses air more quickly. Sims can dive in groups.

Collectables
New fish, shellfish and sea creatures such as anemones. Shells, messages in bottles, treasure chests, artifacts.

Gameplay that is applicable to the rest of the game, even when not having a scuba vacation
  • Fish can be released into pools now, thus making custom aquariums that aren't limited to small boxes and bowls. To turn a pool into an aquarium, choose one of the new "water paints" that clearly states that the water is "fish habitat water," specially manufactured to give your sim's fish the best life they can have. The fish will swim around in the water, and you can swim with them if the pool is big enough. There is a limit to how much fish can be stocked into a pool, depending on how big the pool is (something along the lines of each 1x1 block being able to house 3 fish etc). Special pool wall and floor textures like 3D rock, sand etc can be added to the aquariums to make them look more natural. There are also nice objects to decorate your aquarium, including rocks, coral, kelp and decorative treasure chests.
  • Sims can practice scuba diving in pools, talk about marine facts, advocate protection of reefs and sharks and watch the Ocean TV Channel (many get excited about Shark Night).
  • Sims can make jewelry (bracelets, necklaces and anklets) from shells and pearls. They can be gifted, sold and proudly worn.
  • Underwater cameras can be used in pools, in Sulani and in general.
  • Cool octupus paintings make everything better.
    Ggljc2W.jpg7mHGScB.jpg
Post edited by Louise_G0325 on

Comments

• Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    @SimGuruGeorge it would mean the world to me if you could read this idea :blush: If you are not the correct guru to tag, I apologize - I do not know exactly who to tag for ideas. I just really want to make sure this is seen.

Thank you so much and have a lovely day :heart:
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    They should have given us diving and underwater for Sulani. Such a sad thing the went so backward with the mermaid experience.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Oh and your ideas about aquariums and practice pool sessions are great
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
    edited May 2020
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    They should have given us diving and underwater for Sulani. Such a sad thing the went so backward with the mermaid experience.

I agree. At least this pack would hopefully then make the best scuba diving experience of the sims franchise and make it feel like a unique adventure, not a DLC for DLC. This pack would actually be a very interesting pack on its own. I think exploring the ocean is even more intriguing than exploring a tomb, since I wish I could but am way too terrified of the ocean to ever attempt it in real life. It's wish fulfillment, stunning scenery and a cool twist on the "explore and solve" theme.
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    Oh and your ideas about aquariums and practice pool sessions are great

Yet another thing that I would love in real life but that I could never afford, is a massive aquarium. It's so magical, and being able to build them in TS4 would open up a whole new realm of possibilities. It's been a super common thing for simmers to try to create wall-to-ceiling aquariums since long before TS4, so I am 100% sure some people would buy this pack just for that feature. Also, since it would have to include (mostly) seamless windows for authentic aquariums, builders would rejoice for that much-requested item too.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Under the Sea, under the Sea baby it's better, take it from me.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I love this! Thank you so much for creating this thread

#makemermaidsfun
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    Totally agree with this idea! I was so dissapointed by the mermaids in island living. I was so ready to build underwater castles and stuff like that but nope.... I need diving back!
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    When EA dumps the PC Sims for the Playstation 5 then you will see a new Sims. The end of the PC is near so start saving those pennies for the new console coming this holiday season.
    sikasika18 wrote: »
    Totally agree with this idea! I was so dissapointed by the mermaids in island living. I was so ready to build underwater castles and stuff like that but nope.... I need diving back!

It would be so interesting to build underwater! I'm guessing that you'd have to use the free build cheat to edit the lot (like with Forgotten Grotto, Sixam etc). I wonder how it would work, though. Would building a room create an air bubble?
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    sikasika18 wrote: »

It would be so interesting to build underwater! I'm guessing that you'd have to use the free build cheat to edit the lot (like with Forgotten Grotto, Sixam etc). I wonder how it would work, though. Would building a room create an air bubble?

I hope not, well it could be optional because I'd like mermaid furniture and having them live underwater.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Last summer when I got Island Living, I literally build underwater in one of the lots in Sulani that had mostly the sea on it. It wasn't too hard, I just made sure that I had my bb.moveobjects on. Then I selected off-the-grid objects. Had to make sure that the fridge & Island firepit was on land though. It was so nice to finally have my Ariel Mermaid be an actual mermaid & live literally under the sea instead of a home in a swimming pool.
  • GPHGPH Posts: 67 Member
    ⚠️ URGENT:

I just want to make everyone aware about this for those that play the Sims 4 game for a reason. So if you do want the Sims 4 game to be the best game ever and you love the Sims 4 game, then you will need to keep sharing this long (Missing Items) post. The more the Sims 4 game has on it the better the Sims 4 game will be. The Sims 4 game needs to have all the (Missing Items) on it for the Sims 4 game to be 100% completed. By sharing this post to other people who love the Sims 4 game it will give other people ideas, and it will also be there for the Sims studio team to look at on the Sims Forums website. This means that the Sims studio team who make these games will be able to see the list and add it onto the game. But I do desperately need everyone’s help with this aswell as putting this post onto the Sims Forums website everyday myself. But if I can do this you can too. But if you don’t care about the Sims 4 game then don’t share this urgent post!

(MISSING ITEMS)

(1) Tree house!
    (2) Fairy/ pixie party house!
    (3) Extra animal toys!
    (4) Extra animal beds!
    (5) Factory departments!
    (6) Factory jobs!
    (7) Supermarket departments!
    (8) Supermarket jobs!
    (9) Retail departments!
    (10) Retail jobs!
    (11) Beauty salon departments!
    (12) Beauty salon jobs!
    (13) Art departments!
    (14) Art jobs!
    (15) Swimming life guard departments!
    (16) Swimming life guard jobs!
    (17) Big school departments!
    (18) Big school jobs!
    (19) Nursery departments!
    (20) Nursery jobs!
    (21) Primary school departments!
    (22) Primary school jobs!
    (23) College departments!
    (24) College jobs!
    (25) University jobs!
    (27) Administration office departments!
    (28) Administration jobs!
    (29) Cars for travelling!
    (30) Vans for travelling!
    (31) Buses for public transport travelling!
    (32) Company lorries for travelling!
    (33) Trains for public transport travelling!
    (34) Delivery driver jobs/ lorry drivers and van drivers!
    (35) More house roofs!
    (36) Extra flowers!
    (37) Squirls!
    (38) Bats!
    (39) Birds!
    (40) Ball room department!
    (41) Cows!
    (42) Sheep!
    (43) Insects!
    (44) Hedge hogs!
    (45) Parrots!
    (46) Pigs!
    (47) Seagulls!
    (48) Extra fish tanks!
    (49) Extra fish!
    (50) Road signs!
    (51) Extra cafe shop departments!
    (52) Extra restaurant departments!
    (53) Sports departments!
    (54) Sports jobs!
    (55) Hospital departments!
    (56) Hospital jobs!
    (57) Police departments!
    (58) Police jobs!
    (59) Helicopters!
    (60) Helicopter jobs!
    (61) Red telephone box!
    (62) Red letter mail box!
    (63) Street bins!
    (64) Street bin cleaner jobs!
    (65) Mobile phone shops!
    (66) Mobile phone shop jobs!
    (67) Motorways!
    (68) Motorway traffic officer cars!
    (69) Hotel departments!
    (70) Hotel receptionist jobs!
    (71) Police cars!
    (72) Police camera vans!
    (73) Farming jobs!
    (74) Horse riding jobs!
    (75) Farmer jobs!
    (76) Security jobs!
    (77) Shoe shop!
    (78) Shoe shop jobs!
    (79) Glasses opticians shop!
    (80) Glasses opticians shop jobs!
    (81) Belly piercing!
    (82) Tongue piercing!
    (83) Extra tattoos! (Dolphins) (Stars) (Dolphins) (Fairies) (Moon) (Hearts) (Butterflies) (Flowers) and more shapes!
    (84) Fish tank decorations!
    (85) Food supermarket isles!
    (86) Drink supermarket isles!
    (87) Nose hoop piercings!
    (88) Tongue piercings!
    (89) Belly piercings!
    (90) Upper ears piercing!
    (91) Tragus ears piercing!
    (92) Nipple piercing!
    (93) Car parks!
    (94) Bus stations!
    (95) Train stations!
    (96) Railway track!
    (97) Airplanes for travelling!
    (98) Airports!
    (99) Crains!
    (100) Space Rockets!

THESE MISSING ITEMS URGENTLY NEED TO BE ON THE SIMS 4 SO IF YOU DO CARE THEN PLZ SHARE THIS POST!!!!!!
    edited June 2020
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Last summer when I got Island Living, I literally build underwater in one of the lots in Sulani that had mostly the sea on it. It wasn't too hard, I just made sure that I had my bb.moveobjects on. Then I selected off-the-grid objects. Had to make sure that the fridge & Island firepit was on land though. It was so nice to finally have my Ariel Mermaid be an actual mermaid & live literally under the sea instead of a home in a swimming pool.

With the ability to create real aquariums with pools, having sims live in pools would finally be more fun, though! It's sad that mermaids have no point for existing in any other world than Sulani, since we can't swim in other worlds' water yet. I really, really hope they update that. But even then, mermaids would probably like a little underwater paradise for themselves to escape in in their homes. I watched this YouTube video of a man who has a massive aquarium in his living room, and I think it would be perfect to have that kind of thing for a suburban mermaid. Guests just think that it's a really cool decorative feature, but in secret the mermaid is hanging out in there, swimming and playing with the fishes etc.
    BMPftA9.png
    DhRby1m.png
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2020
    I love aquarium stuff. I have wanted and requested for a decade that huge Sims 1 aquarium that adult sims can swim in. I would love an aquarium overhaul and loved my aquariums in the Sims3.

I will remind you that the gurus put on one of the last surveys, which EP/pack would you like added to and maybe, Sulani won?

The dive spot idea, I'm not as keen on. Since they messed it up in Island Living, I don't think it would be right that way. I wouldn't want a dive world hood. Plus, we just got an Island world, so not sure they would revisit a theme so close to what they already put out.

I could see one huge spot of sand(like the mini world for Realm of Magic) and this being an Island Get-away/resort that sims can go to or own. There should be at least another spot to build your own and perhaps a small island or two for off the grid. Then sims dive down to...

SimLantis. I have requested this before many times. Sims can dive down to the underworld in the water and meet the lost civilization that use large shell masks to breath with. Mermaids are present, but you can't be one, add one, ect unless you own Sulani. You can't even get to friend level. That way it protects the mermaids being a Sulani thing, while they are still at the underwater world. This would also introduce houseboats that was left out of Island Living. Sims could stay at the resort or on a houseboat(Sulani and maybe others would be updated so houseboats could be used there, especially Island Living.)and go visit in Simlantis where all things ocean rule. Maybe shell houses. Haven't thought it all out, but I think the basic idea of this was on an early survey.

They just don't add as much to Sims4 packs as they did with Sims3. All the supernaturals compared to one/houseboats, divespots, resort of your own, mermaids, whole world, ect. This would be a way to correct what they left out and put in resorts and houseboats while giving us diving back and a whole underwater world.

magical, fantasy scenery

star fishes, small stingrays, tropical fish and cute leopard sharks, as well as some shellfish lobsters and red crabs dwelling at the bottom, and a chance of a dangerous shark, oysters that have a chance of containing shiny pearls,

treasure chests

Yellow kelp forest
    aXKJ0j1.jpg

shipwrecks. ghosts who dwell here as well. Collectables here are often valuable, and sims may find treasure chests in the wreckages. They can explore inside the ships, sometimes having to figure out a puzzle or two (ex: finding hidden treasure vaults through hidden doors, getting past guard sharks etc). This lot could be unlocked at level 5 skill, after finding out about it from a local sim telling folkstales.

deep sea caves
    i38I2cS.jpg
    quiet, beautiful eeriness. whale, real danger here, is going too deep into the caves with too little air and thus drowning before you can get out.This diving spot is the portal to the hidden lot

The Hidden Lot
    The hidden lot could be Atlantis or... is mostly underwater but also leads out of the water into an air bubble. There could be interesting things to find in the hidden lot, as well as a magical item that gives you some control over sea life (mermaid-like powers, but more powerful).

map, befriending a local and asking said local about the "missing pieces" that your sim doesn't understand because of a lack of folklore knowledge.

Normal sims diving
    Sims need diving gear, which they can purchase at a stall on the island. Sims can also buy underwater cameras and take beautiful pictures, including selfies.

Collectables
    New fish, shellfish and sea creatures such as anemones. Shells, messages in bottles, treasure chests, artifacts.

custom aquariums The fish will swim around in the water, and you can swim with them objects to decorate your aquarium, including rocks, coral, kelp and decorative treasure chests.
    Sims can talk about marine facts

watch the Ocean TV Channel (many get excited about Shark Night).
    [*] Sims can make jewelry (bracelets, necklaces and anklets) from shells and pearls. They can be gifted, sold and proudly worn.
    [*] Underwater cameras can be used in pools, in Sulani and in general.

The things you mentioned above are my favorites...I'm not huge on leveling up, so I don't want puzzles and a bunch of leveling up in the Sims4; we have too much already. Can't be your world; you rule if there are so many leveling up parts that it keeps you from telling a story. I have had that problem lately and by the time I get anywhere, I give up because it takes too long. It's frustrating instead of intertaining. Perhaps this is one thing that takes the fun out of the Sims4. Regardless if we want different things or not, you have some exceptional ideas that I would love to see happen.
    Post edited by davina1221 on
    edited June 2020
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I will remind you that the gurus put on one of the last surveys, which EP/pack would you like added to and maybe, Sulani won?
    While it would make me super happy if IL is updated, I doubt that it would get such a massive update, since adding even just one diving lot would be a LOT of work and I don't know whether they'd be willing to do that. It would require a lot of reworking IL. But even if they do add a diving spot, it would probably be a maximum of two, and not as fleshed-out as I want them. That would make me extremely disappointed all over again, since I really long to have these diving spots I described. I'd honestly rather just have them make the GP. This is one DLC for DLC that I'd be more than willing to pay for.
    I'm not huge on leveling up, so I don't want puzzles and a bunch of leveling up in the Sims4; we have too much already. Can't be your world; you rule if there are so many leveling up parts that it keeps you from telling a story. I have had that problem lately and by the time I get anywhere, I give up because it takes too long. It's frustrating instead of intertaining.
    I chose to describe this pack as an adventure/solve the puzzle so it isn't too similar to IL - then it isn't just a DLC for IL, but a theme of its own. The world doesn't even have to be Tiki/Paradise, since there are many places where people can scuba dive irl. Australia (great barrier reef) and South Africa (Cape Town and Durban) are some examples that I can think of off the top of my head. It would actually be amusing to make South African scuba diving the theme of the overworld, since a "living fossil" fish was found here that scientists thought had gone extinct millions of years ago. This fish could inspire some gameplay in studying ancient marine biology, and they could have been living in the Lost City of Atlantis all this time. There is even a place in Cape Town called Atlantis. Also, Cape Town has a very beautiful aquarium in the Waterfront (time to show off all the new aquarium functionality) and natural kelp forests, so geographically most of these scuba diving themes would fit perfectly here.
    I will elaborate on a Cape Town scuba diving theme at the end of this comment to conclude replies on your comment first. I'm getting ahead of myself :lol:

Back to unlocking/leveling up/solving puzzles, for simmers like yourself who don't want to have to do that and simply want to dive freely, there should be cheats to unlock all spots etc :smile:

SimLantis. I have requested this before many times. Sims can dive down to the underworld in the water and meet the lost civilization that use large shell masks to breath with. Mermaids are present, but you can't be one, add one, ect unless you own Sulani. You can't even get to friend level. That way it protects the mermaids being a Sulani thing, while they are still at the underwater world. Maybe shell houses.
    Now that I've typed out the Cape Town idea, Simlantis sounds even more intriguing than before :smiley: It would be really cool to see mermaids both in the water and walking around in the air bubble. A reference to the Disney movie Atlantis would be very cool, with the mermaids having white hair, blue rune tattoos etc. Shell houses sound amazing!! The way I picture them, they'd probably be more like tents than actual buildable houses, but either way they sound very pretty and fun.

CAPE TOWN WORLD THEME
    Cape Town is a peninsula, so the diving spots could be dotted along the coast and deeper into the sea.

The Waterfront
    bCttDP7.jpgkvLlv8x.jpg8vl1Klk.jpgE5vbeiu.jpgVzMU9yy.jpg
    There could be a fancy hotel resort in this area, as well as an aquarium museum and a quaint harbour bar.

Boulder's Beach
    CZEzVUI.jpg
    If CT wasn't magical enough already, we have a beach inhabited by penguins. The "reef diving spot" could be next to this beach, and there could be a simple beach hut to rent if you can't afford (or don't want) the fancy hotel.
    sNV7QxI.jpg
    We also have these, if the team wants to base the resort off of it:
    r81yk7a.jpg

Yellow kelp forest
    FbhHPU5.jpg
    Yeah, this is actually what inspired my idea for this dive spot. The exhibitions at the V&A Aquarium in CT make it look so magical. Also, penguin alert!