Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New EP Content Needs To Have HIGHER Room/Comfort Ratings!!!

SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
edited June 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Can we PLEASE STOP being given New Content that is virtually USELESS regarding Room Rating and Comfort Rating?

Why do we have Sim game Designers that create attractive room content with only a Level 1 Rating?

What is the point of adding more low rated content that will NOT help our Sims to have a "Beautifully Decorated" mood buff?

Why waste the designers time and effort to give us what amounts to virtual C. R .A. P. P. Y new content?

The same goes for COMFORT RATINGS! STOP giving us nicely designed/styled furniture: Chairs/Sofas/Benches with only Level 1 Ratings!!!

It's extremely frustrating and many of us have to use mods to at least have the Beds for Adults/Children/Toddlers to have comfortable beds to sleep on. It makes no logical sense and is a huge WASTE of our good money to pay for content that is sub-par in the ratings levels. >:)
Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T

Comments

• air380777air380777 Posts: 4 New Member
    That's a problem The Sims had since the first game.
    When your sims can afford better furniture you only buy the most expensieve stuff for the stats and avoid the cheap one cause of the penalties.

There's a lot of cheap stuff I like but never use cause I don't want negative moodlets or have to deal with the stuff breaking down often.

Wish there was like a designer tool like the Transmogrification system in World of Warcraft. Allowing us to pay some simoleons and letting us choose the appearance of a cheaper model.

For example I buy the §10,000 stove but pay to modify it to look like the cheapest stove and get to keep the stats of the fancy stove.

This would not only encourage us to decorate with cheaper appliances/furniture but like you said it would make the stuff on newer packs useful.

There's so much new stuff I never use cause the stats are lower than the older items. I usually buy the cheapest furniture and by the time I think about upgrading it, I have enough simoleons to buy the most expensive stuff which usually came with base game.

On the other hand it wouldn't make sense to have all the newer packs be 10's on all stats just cause it's a newer pack, so a "redesign" tool would be awesome.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Since they added the update that makes it so you can upgrade beds, I haven’t been too bothered by it. But it is a shame so many good looking pieces of furniture have low ratings.
  • SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    air380777 wrote: »

Wish there was like a designer tool like the Transmogrification system in World of Warcraft. Allowing us to pay some simoleons and letting us choose the appearance of a cheaper model.

For example I buy the §10,000 stove but pay to modify it to look like the cheapest stove and get to keep the stats of the fancy stove.

This would not only encourage us to decorate with cheaper appliances/furniture but like you said it would make the stuff on newer packs useful.

There's so much new stuff I never use cause the stats are lower than the older items. I usually buy the cheapest furniture and by the time I think about upgrading it, I have enough simoleons to buy the most expensive stuff which usually came with base game.

On the other hand it wouldn't make sense to have all the newer packs be 10's on all stats just cause it's a newer pack, so a "redesign" tool would be awesome.

THIS is a great idea and one that I wish we had too in our Sims 4 game!

And of course I don't want all the new objects/artwork, etc. to have a 10 Rating but ratings of 3 to 8 would be nice on a lot of the furniture, chairs and decorative objects so that we can keep the overall room environment high for our sims. :)
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    SnowWolf58 wrote: »
    Can we PLEASE STOP being given New Content that is virtually USELESS regarding Room Rating and Comfort Rating?

Why do we have Sim game Designers that create attractive room content with only a Level 1 Rating?

What is the point of adding more low rated content that will NOT help our Sims to have a "Beautifully Decorated" mood buff?

Why waste the designers time and effort to give us what amounts to virtual C. R .A. P. P. Y new content?

The same goes for COMFORT RATINGS! STOP giving us nicely designed/styled furniture: Chairs/Sofas/Benches with only Level 1 Ratings!!!

It's extremely frustrating and many of us have to use mods to at least have the Beds for Adults/Children/Toddlers to have comfortable beds to sleep on. It makes no logical sense and is a huge WASTE of our good money to pay for content that is sub-par in the ratings levels. >:)

I don't mind having comfort levels up, but I hate the decorations buffs and I'm so glad they were put on a timer. I've been wanting those gone for years, but at least there's a good compromise now for those of us who can't stand the excessive happy buffs.
    #Team Occult