Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Saving Issues

Can someone help me? I think I went through something similar waaaay back in the day when I was playing Sims 3. It’s with saving. Someone had told me that when saving to focus in on just the grass area, nothing else, and then do “Save As”. That use to work.

I just recently - after a long time away - gotten back into the game. I’ve spend time decorating and recoloring my sim’s house, and their outfits. I go to save and I get the infinity saving loop. I’ve tried three times with the same results.

Can I no longer save? Is my game busted again? I hardly have any cc and only NRaas in my mods folder. Thanks for any help!
epngF25.png
It's up to Nancy!
My YouTube!

Comments

• karieebokarieebo Posts: 24 Member
    Try removing all CC and NRaas and see if the issue is still present.
    It happened once in my cousin's game - the lot was just bugged out which is why she also had the issue with save option (and some more). Does it also happen in other lots?
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Okay, I'll take out the cc and nraas and try saving. So far I've played four families (I play rotation style) and this family is the only one that I'm having saving issues with.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    It's better to leave the NRAAS mods in. At least your chances of the save going through are higher with the NRAAS mods.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Sometimes if you're in CAS a long time, it causes issues.
    Unfortunately the stuck loop you may have to exit and go back in.
    Have you tried in a new world/save and see if the issue persists?
    Thanks for the help, guys! I've narrowed it down to a few mods. Have to see if they've been updated.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    Try to observe your RAM usage during your play session, if it goes over 3000 kb, then you´ll have to save, otherwise you´ll encounter Error 12!
    And I wouldn´t recommend taking out NRaas mods! (Just keep them updated to the patch no. you play your game with!)
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    Firstly, next time you are in a long lasting build or decorating play, you need to save often during the process.

Keep an eye on the memory used by the game. I have Windows 10 and watch the memory in the Resource Monitor that I launch from Task Manager, performance page.

Once the memory used gets up above 3,000,000 I know I'm going to be in dangerous territory if I continue to build or decorate and save. The actual number varies depending on lots of factors. But when it gets much over this number I've quoted, then I always close down the game and relaunch before continuing. This clears the memory.

If, however, I've not taken my own advice and gone beyond the game's limit, there are a variety of things to try. One is to find a bare patch of grass or something to focus on. Just get away from the lot. Moving to some other place in the world might get the memory used down enough to be able to save.

If this doesn't work, and I don't care about losing wishes and opportunities, I will activate a small household. Usually with a single townie sim living in a tiny house. This has often saved me when the memory used is too much for the game to cope.

But sometimes all you can do is shut down and leave the scene of the disaster for a while. Eventually you will be in the mood to go back to it and try again, this time saving often and shutting down occasionally to release memory. I've had to do this a few times.
  • carvernosamcarvernosam Posts: 34 Member
    Clearing your cache files helps fix a lot of issues like this!
    I figured out what was causing the save issues. It's a few mods that I've used in game, but since I hadn't played in a long while. I guess they started messing up. They haven't been updated, but I deleted them, cleaned out my cache, and reinstalled them. Things seem good right now. I'm able to save with no issues. But we'll see. I'll say this, It's nice to get back into Sims 3 after being away so long playing Sims 4.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    I figured out what was causing the save issues. It's a few mods that I've used in game, but since I hadn't played in a long while. I guess they started messing up. They haven't been updated, but I deleted them, cleaned out my cache, and reinstalled them. Things seem good right now. I'm able to save with no issues. But we'll see. I'll say this, It's nice to get back into Sims 3 after being away so long playing Sims 4.

That's fully understandable. :)
  • yoashmoyoashmo Posts: 528 Member
    Also if you're building a lot in edit town you can save it to the bin before doing a save as. then if your game crashes you will have your work already saved to the bin and when you muster up the courage to open it back up just bulldoze the lot and place the newer copy.
  • Dukemon20Dukemon20 Posts: 38 Member
    Can ErrorTrap give me the informations which Mod causes the latest saving loop?
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread. If you are still having issues, we recommend you report this in our Sims Answers HQ board. Here is the link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims/ct-p/the-sims

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top