Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Furnished/unfurnished & look inside house when moving in (I don't have them!)

Hello, I'm back with another question. o:)

I've been watching lots of let's plays and world overviews on youtube lately and I noticed that when moving in a family for the first time, when the game menu displays the available houses for your income, the players have furnished/unfurnished options to choose from and also a magnifying glass button that they can click on to see the inside of the house before moving it. Example here.

While watching these I thought "Wow, I must have never noticed that feature in my game", because I never saw those options, furnished/unfurnished and magnifying glass. Today I loaded up a new world and selected a new family to move in to a house to check this feature and it happens that my game doesn't have this feature! No furnished/unfurnished options and no magnifying glass! Honestly I'm most disappointed by the lack of the magnifying glass because I like being able to see my options in more detail without quitting the "move in" menu. (I know I can just go view them in Edit Town but this way it is much more simpler, tidier, and it is all filtered according to your household income)

So, do you have any idea why I don't have this feature? My game is patched up to 1.67 and I have all EPs, SPs. Does this feature come with a mod?

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited June 2020
    I don't have the feature either.I'm also patched and all expansions.
    I have master controller installed, so it doesn't appear to come with that.
    I do have the furnished/unfurnished options though.

Edit: I take that back.I have the option.But it only pops up if your moving a new family in using "Move in Household." You can't view the insides of the house from edit town.You have to have a family selected via move in option.

Note: You could also use MC to open up lots when you're in live mode.
  • ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    Edit: I take that back.I have it.You actually have to use the "Move in" option not "Edit town"

Ohhhhhh that explains it. I never used the "Move in" tab before, so that's why I haven't seen it. Thanks for the help as always Gracey!