Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What I think the sims 5 base game should contain.

13...Next

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Built in Create a World players should be able to fully customize and create their own worlds from the get go and not be forced to play in one of EA worlds. I would love for an era option to be added so for example players could set roads to dirt roads and play a old western world phones and tech obviously would be disabled

CAS should build on Sims 4 strengths such as the push and pull system and bring back color wheel

All life stages none stuck to a bassinet or designed as a burrito and preteens

Tall medium and short height options for teen-elder

NPCs that act like NPCs I need them to stand out where's my Mrs. Crumplebottom smacking Sims with her purse things like this add character to the game... obviously police and firemen as well

Family tree aunts uncles cousins and so on not some poorly patched in tree that comes years later

Cars carpools taxis

Wants, fears, memories, aspirations, personality points, turn-ons/ turnoffs and meaningful traits

Animations this is one of Sims 4 biggest failures basics are not animated and interactions are renamed everything looks the same

Options to let players tell their stories with the ability to check or uncheck features such as supernaturals

Well thought out retail just redo Sims 2 its the only game that got it right no more forced specific community lot types. A bowling alley should be allowed to have a working restaurant if the players decides to do so

Fun career rewards make working the career worth it a desk does not do it for me. Fun new activities like the military obstacle course or mini golf for business or a lie detector for police a desk does nothing to help tell a story or make completing a career feel meaningful

Things like clubs from Get Together and the calendar would be nice and like others I would like to not wait forever on Seasons but I really want the full budget to get the basics right this time no more robotic emotionless Sims and no game customization.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SimulationnameSimulationname Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi everyone!

Thought I'd share some new ideas of mine.

When we think about "free will" in The sims, we actually aren't talking about free will.
    If you tell your sim to go swim, it will do that. If you tell it to read a book it will do that. Of course there are things that negate this, but more often than not it's because if "default/boring" moodlets. I think there should be more personalities in the new installment., in a way that they are Richer.
    Free will should actually be much more alive than it is now, you should be able to really "get to know" your sim. But I have a feeling they're actually doing just this, making the fifth one more ALIVE. At least that's what I'M hoping for.

I'm also thinking about how they could redefine "home renovations". Let's say you tell your sim to "bash" in a wall with a sledge hammer.
    And it makes a complete mess, and it could stay like that. Or the sim actually does this on it's own by accordance to "free will".
    The game would be so MUCH more alive, like for instance if the little being in the game actually could move furniture.
    Move the sofa, trip over a chair and it stays there if it does not pick it up.. Think of the chaos children would actually make (think of the fun).
    Would be hilarious if the sim actually could build it's own house by hand.. Living in a camper while building the house of it's dream.
    And voila there are a few more jobs (home renovator), (painter) (home decorator).

The time in the game should also be made LONGER, why?
    Because think of the fridge for example, imagine one day you decide that your sim should go grocery shopping after work.
    In NO WAY, would that work in the current "timespace".
    And I do really want my sim to go grocery shopping or at least have options for this that does not negate the whole time thing.

Also, for those who say that the reconfigurable stairs from sims 4 should be added to the fifth installment.. What the duck, are you kidding?
    These stairs SUCK! (not as much as the original, but still...)
    I wish that they actually made a much better mold for stairs, and the possibilities for spiral stairs etc.

One last thing I wish.
    That is for all the items to be HIDDEN, yeah you heard me!
    Think of all the games you play where you actually discover things, you unlock them or earn them.
    The current state of the sims is boring to me because "everything" is RIGHT THERE in your face. Let's bring in some mystery please!
    For example in a hobby such as piano, the person learning it would unlock certain things/skills each level, say a new piano, sheet music etc.

I WANT REAL FIRES/disasters!! If my sims kitchen started to burn, I would want it to BURN DOWN the house!! At least if my sim did not put it out or had no alarm...
    And woaw now I really burned myself by adding another thing...

So why not just add another thing..
    The sims 5 SHOULD be more ALIVE. If you play one family now in the sims 4, and you play, play, play. Eventually everyone will DIE!
    In the next installment they should make just one neighborhood called "Ghosttown" and be known as "how the sims 4 was".. trololol :pensive:

Anyway, enough of me, Blabbermouth...
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Well darn.... you guys sure want a lot in a base game. Lol they need stuff to sell and add to it. :D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    As someone who loves supernatural play I actually agree with OPs perspective. The base game is supposed to be the foundation. Packs expand on that foundation and are where we get the fun stuff. EPs shouldn't be used to give us basic things that should be in a life sim game by default.
    For example, laundry should be in the base game of any sims game. Laundry is something we all begrudgingly have to do irl and if it was already included in Sims 4 we wouldn't have had to waste a pack on it. Seasons should be in the base game for obvious reasons but instead we had to wait like 4 years for our sims to be able to have anything besides sun (I know that many places in the world pretty much only have sunny weather and that Seasons being an expansion pack is an easy cash grab but still). We shouldn't have had to wait for University for our sims to be able to shower woohoo. As if they couldn't just put that in the base game. Showers and woohoo are both in the base game after all.

Beefing up the base games would, in theory, make the expansion packs more creative and focused
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2019
    At least I hope The Sims 5 contains ALL life stages from day one. And with that I mean not only toddlers, but also realistic Teenagers and Elders. I still hate that Teens are the same height as young adults and adults. I think having different height lifestages can contribute a lot to diversity and immersiveness.

If they are going to use motion capture, they can also give the (longest) life stages height options. By different heights I mean that there are 2/3 pre-sets of heigths you can choose from (not gradually growing) and every Sim will get a random height when they grow up (if you did not create the Sim yourself in CAS that is). This way we finally have different heights but we still have no gradual growing/ageing.

Motion capture is faster creating a ton of animations instead of crafting every single animation by hand, so they have more time and resources to do stuff we didn't have before. And when it comes to different heights, the animation hurdle was always the issue, which they can fix with that.

Also I think Seasons (Yes Seasons, not basic weather!) should be part of the base game by now. This way they can add more seasonal related activities (such as water slides, pool stuff) down the line. One thing I always liked about The Sims 1 is that the packs had a theme, but within that theme they had a lot of different items (random).

there is literally no excuse for EA (a multi billion dollar company) to not release Seasons in the base game by now. Seasons/weather is just as important to life than toddlers imo.

Not holding my breath though, because Seasons is a best seller always, so why not make it a pack again instead for the $$$.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    At least I hope The Sims 5 contains ALL life stages from day one. And with that I mean not only toddlers, but also realistic Teenagers and Elders. I still hate that Teens are the same height as young adults and adults. I think having different height lifestages can contribute a lot to diversity and immersiveness.

If they are going to use motion capture, they can also give the (longest) life stages height options. By different heights I mean that there are 2/3 pre-sets of heigths you can choose from (not gradually growing) and every Sim will get a random height when they grow up (if you did not create the Sim yourself in CAS that is). This way we finally have different heights but we still have no gradual growing/ageing.

Motion capture is faster creating a ton of animations instead of crafting every single animation by hand, so they have more time and resources to do stuff we didn't have before. And when it comes to different heights, the animation hurdle was always the issue, which they can fix with that.

Also I think Seasons (Yes Seasons, not basic weather!) should be part of the base game by now. This way they can add more seasonal related activities (such as water slides, pool stuff) down the line. One thing I always liked about The Sims 1 is that the packs had a theme, but within that theme they had a lot of different items (random).

there is literally no excuse for EA (a multi billion dollar company) to not release Seasons in the base game by now. Seasons/weather is just as important to life than toddlers imo.

Not holding my breath though, because Seasons is a best seller always, so why not make it a pack again instead for the $$$.

Been saying this for far too long. A base game MUST include rain/snow/cloudy weather. Later they can add an expansion pack that focuses on seasonal activities like ice skating, sunbathing, leaf raking etc..

• simsgames2324simsgames2324 Posts: 20 Member
    Definitely open world.
  • DaniSnowDaniSnow Posts: 5 New Member
    I've been really into the soms for a few years now, and many of you have interesting ideas. I feel like what I want to see in the sims 5 base game would be simple ideas that made previous sims games so charming but with a few new activities, and suggestions. I wpuld want the color wheel, cars, and full building tools such as the half wall tool, and the pool tool. Also i wpuld like to see spiral staircases make a return to build and buy mode. As far as actual gameplay, I would want to see kids/teens have an interactive school experience similar to what they have done with jobs in Get To Work. Additionally, I feel like active school, and careers should be a base game feature. Then there are the little things that I would like so see them bring back from ts2 such as the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 lady, and blind dating.
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I'll share my little list of what I think a Sims 5 basegame should contain. These are all amazing things from previous generations of the game that I think should never have been tempered with.

1. Toddlers. OBVIOUSLY.
    2. Seasons, but if that's "too much" at least let there be basic weather changes like rain and thunder so it's not always sunny.
    3. Teens that do not have the same height as adults.
    4. Spiral stairs.
    5. Fleshed out personalities. Likes, dislikes, turn-ons and turn-offs, fears, quirks, sliders for traits, favorite's (food, color, music style). These were all things that made the sims so much more... alive.
    6. A COLOR WHEEL.
    7. Open world. I'm sure that after 2020 and forward it will be possible to have an open world without it bugging the game out completely.
    8. Babies that are not objects. I want my sims to be able to carry the babies with them like in TS3 and TS2. I want to be able to place them anywhere, to change them on a changing table, play, do anything. It's ridiculous how they are in TS4. Seriously. A lot of people dislike #freethebabies because they think it's a boring lifestage. I don't, and many others don't either. For me it would be a huge game changer if they could just free the flippin babies.

Now, one thing that I feel I am pretty much alone in, is a wish regarding toddlers and babies. Namely... cribs.

I know the majority is happy with the toddler beds because they're easier to work with. You don't have to put them in and out etc, but I am on the opposite side of this opinion. I dislike the toddler beds - I want cribs. I REALLY want cribs. 1, because they're super cute and 2, because I'm a micro manager. In the current state of TS4 I manually let my adult sim pick up a toddler and place them in the bed - I don't let them get in on their own... because I'm a sucker for micro management. At least in a possible Sims 5... couldn't they just add the option to having a crib? Please?

If TS4 could add all of these things I would not want a Sims 5, but since we probably won't get open world, color wheel or cribs any time soon... there's really not much hope beyond the horizon.

Sigh...
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    All I want for the TS5 base game is to have 100% open world and bring back the creative tools we had before TS4: CASt, colorwheel, Create-A-World, Create-A-Pattern, being able to place lots anywhere, etc. But also the power to configure Story Progression, toggles for the presence of occults, toggles for the weather, being able to travel to different worlds, other features that would be found in Twallan's suite of amazing mods. Also the ability to play any career whether made by EA or fan-made to be active or rabbit hole (when you don't feel like micro managing their work) just like Zerbu's Ultimate Careers mod (it's a permanent part of the mods I install every time I play). Oh! Also CCLoader would be great too to add more recipes and cookbooks, etc. It would be nice if all that was in the base game so that we wouldn't have to add mods.

Those should already be part of the TS5 base so that we can customize our games and make it our very own from the very beginning!
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    Open world, create a world, color wheel, more eye colors, making highlights etc like in the sims 3, they need to shop for clothes and food like in the sims 2, realistic graphics, food system and clothing CAS like in the sims 2 for xbox/playstation 2.
  • MasonDaSimmerMasonDaSimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    Does anyone else agree with me on the idea that TS% should have clubs activities in the base game? Like clubs but not for $40. I never bought Get Together because of it seeming like it was lazily done and it only added one real feature. Along with this, kids after school activities? Like they should have more things to do without having to wait 2 years for more content.
    The sims 5 will flop.
    Just look at this people
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0eV1d-L-mc&feature=youtu.be
    If i'm not allowed to post videolinks, i'm sorry. If it get's removed, just google Paralives .

I've posted things in this forum before.
    But i don't honestly care anymore.
    In just a few short videos this game Paralives, made all my suggestions i've mentioened here come true.
    Sure not all of them, but most of them.

If you're tired of not getting the things you want in the sims, look no further.
    Come the revolution that will bring a new era, or at best make the sims Good Again...

ps.
    When i write that the next installment will flop, i am just stating the obvious.
    If it does'nt have the things showed in the build video for Paralives, then it will flop. Trust Me.
    ds.

Cheers!
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    Keeping in mind what I WANT and what I EXPECT are different, IF there were a Sims 5, I would expect in Base-Game...

Every house to be playable, rather than props.
    Loading screens only between worlds, rather than between houses. This would actually mean having a car would have a point.
    More lot types at release.
    Swimming for all water areas.
    Terrain editing at launch
    All types of stairs at launch.
    All types of roofs at launch.
    Round walls and half-walls at launch.
    Ghosts at launch
    Toddlers ready at launch.
    Teens distinct as life-states.
    Elders distinct as life-states.
    Functional babies.
    More traits at launch- maybe four slots for them.
    Height sliders.
    A colour wheel for all, not just pets.
    Off-the-grid placement for most items.
    A 'Fear' emotion, as well as the 'Tense' emotion.
    For the starting careers to be more up-to-date.
    All careers semi-active at launch.
    For it to be harder to make money.

And I know usually the Sims has added Seasons as a pack, but it is such a big deal in a world. It really ought to be in base game now, especially if they use a Sims 4 engine.

But I don't think we'll get Sims 5 for years yet.
    Post edited by Loanet on
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Weather and swimming in the rivers and oceans.

There is nothing more annoying than the above being limited because they did not have the forethought to make all worlds weather and swimming ready when you know this is going to happen at some point. I don't want to hear we had to get rid of snow depth or you can only swim in the ocean in the new world BLEH.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I would buy your base game at any price. It sounds perfect. Particularly love the "focus on ordinary, daily life and family play" concept, as well as the careers listed and I really, really love the trait/personality sliders.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Well darn.... you guys sure want a lot in a base game. Lol they need stuff to sell and add to it. :D

I think there is room for lots of things in a Sims game, so it's not like they could run out of ideas and features to sell. TS2 had shopping in basegame and there was still room for Open for Business EP.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I expect from a Sims 5 base game that it have at least some items and gameplay from each previous Sims 4 addons and more stuff than just a few thing. I never forget how angry I was when I saw that Sims 3 didn't even had a guitar or how few items existed in this basegame. I'm a builder, and that was a devasting experience.

Because of this experience with the new addon recycling, then just with much fewer things than before, I won't buy a base Sims 5 from the very beginning.

How did this sentence go? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I really don't care about Sims 5.
    However, I am looking forward to Paralives
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    I stopped reading on "nothing supernatural." I'm sorry, I just can't accept that...

I love supernatural gameplay and would love fairies, but I actually... agree it shouldn’t be base game.

Not everyone likes it, and so separating it from base game is a good way to keep it out of the games of players who don’t want it (though I would hope a new Sims would embrace toggles and just let players turn game elements on and off) and I’d rather a basegame with bikes and dogs and weather than aliens and ghosts.

The one definite exception to me is the Grim Reaper, because he’s a franchise staple. But I’d even be fine with ghosts being a game pack if it meant (1) ghosts were actually good and (2) we got a more robust base game.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
    I beg humbly sorryies, i'm about to trash..

The sims 4
    The fact that there is even an idea to have dressers in this installment is beyond me.
    I mean how hard is it to make so that the simers needs to go to a dresser in the morning and put on the new clothes for the day.
    Instead of just "magicly" swish into clothes, as if they have all their clothes in a "invisible" backpack or something, it's ridicilous!
    Why not all the time? Would make it a whole lot more "alive", if you can even say that in this "type" of simulation game...

And the fact that in the recent patch, they announced "freebuild" for windows and doors, i mean come on.
    Don't make such a big deal out of that, it's embarassing that it was not in the base game, to say the least!.

What's funny is that the team building this particular game is soooo sloppy. (i'm serious*)
    They did not even bother making so that you can freebuild gates, I mean come on, are they too focused on the sims 5 or what is happening?
    And the fact that you can't put two types of the same window near eachother... I mean for crying out loud, releasing a patch that makes it possible to freebuild these things, but then they did not even bother fixing that obvious flaw?

Clearly they need to step up their game, A LOT. Cause it's starting to look like a slipper slope this one...

*of course i know like a few others that this installment was meant to be something else.
    But that they had the audacity to release it still and do what they've done, well all though, it's EA.. so, no surprise there ;)