Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We don't need Sims 5

Comments

• Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Honestly being it took us this many years to get to the Sims 4 to be where it is now, I think I agree with you, just keep developing the sims 4 and maybe it will reach the same level of complexity of the past games. Because I highly doubt EA is gonna release a finished base game for 5, its just gonna be a rushed glitchy unfinished game when it first comes out.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Honestly being it took us this many years to get to the Sims 4 to be where it is now, I think I agree with you, just keep developing the sims 4 and maybe it will reach the same level of complexity of the past games. Because I highly doubt EA is gonna release a finished base game for 5, its just gonna be a rushed glitchy unfinished game when it first comes out.

Hate to break it to you, but TS4 will NEVER reach the same level of complexity of the past games. If it were possible, the devs would have worked on that a long time ago. But since they would have to start over with a new engine, they might as well develop it for TS5 which is what they did. That's why they haven't fixed TS4 at all.

You're making the assumption that TS5 will be the same mess that TS4 is, but if EAxis learns their lesson from it, then TS5 will be a better iteration than TS4 ever will be. Also, I know for a FACT that all those people saying they won't buy TS5 and just stick with TS4 WILL buy TS5 if it is a superior game.

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited June 2020
    I don't mind if a Sims 5 comes about sometime. All I would want for it is it to have it's own separate forum for those who actually buy it and not as now a Sims 4 forum where people who don't have it, don't want it have the chance to moan about it. <3
  • lovelyskysxlovelyskysx Posts: 93 Member
    Okay but to be honest, if the Sims 5 ever came out, y'all would cry and whine about the game not having the same features. "tHiS gEmE dOeSn'T hAvE a rOaM oF mAgIc wAhHh!!!! :'(" (this is only a joke, don't get offended.)
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited June 2020
    I don't think Sims 4 looks great, I think it looks ugly, I loathe the art style and find it horrible.

I am not, however, holding out any hopes for a Sims 5 that - a) looks any good. b) is rich, complex, and in-depth, like TS2 or c) isn't monetised to death, or doesn't have some kind of stupid "online feature" rubbish shafted into it.

I think the days are gone, where the majority of developers who worked on the Sims actually seemed to really care about the game. The whimsical charm, and the love that seemed to be injected into TS2 began to fade a bit with TS3, though it was an ambitious iteration, but it seems to have all dried up altogether with Ts4.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • mabmabmabmab Posts: 3 New Member
    i am really curious how sims 5 would be but if it is gonna be lacking how sims 4 lacked back in 2014 first launch, i dont really look forward to it
  • luna181618luna181618 Posts: 559 Member
    I also don't expect Sims 5, yet, maybe in years 5.
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    Ravenna wrote: »
    We just need a fixed and expanded Sims 4. Because Sims 4 looks great! And most modern hardware can run it. We don't need another half-decade of a thousand dollars of spending on packs, we need Sims 4 to have story progression, deeper emotions and more quality of life updates to the basegame. We don't need Sims 5, because it's been 20 years and it's time to stop abandoning games with perfectly good content and replacing it with a shell that has just houses and families, and nothing else.

And most of all, we don't need Sims 5, because if it sells poorly, Maxis will be gone, just like BioWare might also be gone in the next couple of years.

I agree 100%! Both S4 and S3 should be fixed before this franchise goes any further. All S5 will do is bury the issues already at hand.
  • wrswrs2wrswrs2 Posts: 935 Member
    edited June 2020
    I kind of like TS4.... I like how the Sims look, the CC, most of the Maxis content. I hated TS3, almost everything about it as awful and slow. I loved TS2 though.

There are some elements from all three games that were good (like Open Worlds in TS3) , and some that were bad, that could be fixed or worked into TS5. But I haven't even gotten half of the TS4 packs etc., so I am not nearly ready for TS5 yet!
    http://ecoast.tumblr.com/ --- Simblr + Im Kreis Custom Content
    http://tmmts4.tumblr.com/ --- Top Model Magazine Cover Archive
    wrswrs2 wrote: »
    I kind of like TS4.... I like how the Sims look, the CC, most of the Maxis content. I hated TS3, almost everything about it as awful and slow. I loved TS2 though.

There are some elements from all three games that were good (like Open Worlds in TS3) , and some that were bad, that could be fixed or worked into TS5. But I haven't even gotten half of the TS4 packs etc., so I am not nearly ready for TS5 yet!

All the packs for TS4 will just add more bugs to your game. Why not save your money for TS5?

If you still have TS3, there is a whole section of the forum for TS3 where you can get help, so no excuse for the lag. A lot of times that lag can be reduced or eliminated all together. I play TS3 on a computer from 2014 with 4gb RAM and an integrated Intel graphics card. My TS3 games play smoothly because I've learned from that section and all the TS3 websites.

I also don't think the sims in TS3 look bad, but there are all different kinds of skins for it to change their look. I use a Navetsea skin that gives my sims an understated and quiet beauty - not too sexy or cute.

Plus there is a lot more gameplay in TS3 when you compare them basegame to basegame, EP to EP/GP (yes, because a TS3 EP is equivalent to several TS4 EPs and GPs combined!) and even in terms of CC and worlds (which include a cruise ship!).

TS3 is 11 years old and I'm still exploring new worlds made for it, new careers, new mods that add more great gameplay (like a ferris wheel) and other CC!

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I love them all! 2, 3, 4, and definitely excited for 5. Also Paralives. There's room for all.
  • TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member

Hate to break it to you, but TS4 will NEVER reach the same level of complexity of the past games. If it were possible, the devs would have worked on that a long time ago. But since they would have to start over with a new engine, they might as well develop it for TS5 which is what they did. That's why they haven't fixed TS4 at all.

You're making the assumption that TS5 will be the same mess that TS4 is, but if EAxis learns their lesson from it, then TS5 will be a better iteration than TS4 ever will be. Also, I know for a FACT that all those people saying they won't buy TS5 and just stick with TS4 WILL buy TS5 if it is a superior game.

That is honestly a big IF. It could truly go either way...TS5 will be a superior game, or it will be unfinished and get the same treatment of 4.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Twicelikey wrote: »

That is honestly a big IF. It could truly go either way...TS5 will be a superior game, or it will be unfinished and get the same treatment of 4.

only time will tell so will see
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    Twicelikey wrote: »

only time will tell so will see

I am truly hoping for the former than the latter.
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I don't mind if a Sims 5 comes about sometime. All I would want for it is it to have it's own separate forum for those who actually buy it and not as now a Sims 4 forum where people who don't have it, don't want it have the chance to moan about it. <3

This is a forum for all Sims games. It's just called Sims4 forum because it's the newest one right now. Having to log into different forums for each sim's game in the series would be very impractical. Since people have different opinions about everything, it will also apply to Sims 5.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    With Paralives coming out, no, I don't need TS5. And until Paralives is released, I'm content playing TS3, not the travesty that is TS4.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

Maybe they learned a lesson and will give TS5 it's own site. But right now, my URL says thesims.com, so I guess that means for all games not just TS4. There sure would be a lot less arguing. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    For a long time, the sims was the only game that i played, but i couldn't get into sims 4 and then ended up looking for other games to play. None of the games that i started playing were from ea, though. As someone who only bought the sims 4 base game and nothing more, i do want a sims 5! I can totally understand why other people who invested more than i did would not feel the same way, because i was also a little sad when they moved from ts3 as i felt they could have done much more with it, but maybe they had to move on? idk, this whole game development business is a mystery to me, bleh.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Kpoi wrote: »
    But, like I said, there are still people who want more for the Sims 4, and in that sense, I don't think the Sims 5 would be a good idea financially for the company. Why spend money developing a whole new game when you can make money adding onto a preexisting one that is still selling well?

They say it's selling well, but evidence show it isn't. Everything for TS4 is constantly on sale and the basegame has been given away free more than once. Now, the game itself will remind its players to buy the packs they haven't bought yet! This means that no one is willing to buy it at full price. TS3 and the other iterations before it have NEVER been constantly on sale, their basegames have never been given away free and people were and still are willing to buy them full price!

Another indication is the poorer quality of the more recent packs for the past couple of years. You can see that EAxis hasn't poured much money into the development of the packs (where did it go?) - reused animations just labeled with different names, lots of recolors, sometimes using the same lot buildings in the newer worlds.

So you ask, "Why spend money developing a whole new game when you can make money adding onto a preexisting one that is still selling well?"

That's the problem - more and more people are giving up on TS4 and have stopped buying new packs. Meanwhile, the development of Paralives and Paradox Tectonic's game are gaining more and more support. If EAxis keeps things going as they are and drag TS4 for more years, they're going to lose the fanbase.

That's why EAxis needs to spend money developing a whole new game, TS5, and dump TS4 already.

I just want to say, that you're literally framing the game to be a flop when we know this information;

- Packs like Cats & Dogs and Seasons, sold 1 million+ copies in their first week on sale. That is literally 400k short of what the Sims 3, a base game, sold in its first week. Of course fan favourites sell well, but when Sims 4 DLC is selling almost base game first week numbers, you know you have a strong following. These numbers weren't reported by EA by the way, it was just the game sold enough to be reporting by gaming websites.

- As of 2018, the game had sold 10 million copies which EA announced to it's investors. That is the more than Sims 2 which managed 6 million, and Sims 3 which managed 7 million. On top of this, we know that in total the DLC for The Sims 4 has sold over 30 million copies. This was also as of 2018. Which means that on average each pack is a multi-million selling game. And that was 2 years ago.

- EA investing in console for The Sims isn't new, but the fact that EA is supporting Sims 4 + all content, shows that there is massive public demand. Meanwhile, The Sims 3 and The Sims 3 Pets for console were removed from the Xbox & PlayStation store a few months after The Sims 3 Pets for console came out, and they cancelled DLC for The Sims 3 Pets (there was supposed to be store content available), they also cancelled The Sims 3 Pets exchange for console. They also cancelled The Sims 3 Pets for Wii. The fact the game is getting supported by EA to the extent now of same day release, shows EA is super keen to get the game available for players.

- Finally, EA announced that The Sims 4 was the most successful game in the franchise just before the 20th anniversary to their investors. This is probably because even in it's 6th year, the DLC is incredibly hyped and people are still going nuts over it. Compare that to Animal Crossing, which just came out and is already fading on Social Media (the hype is basically dying around it when it was everywhere).

With all of the above, it's clear The Sims 4 IS selling well. You still see it being posted all over YouTube by all types of YouTubers (not just Simming ones) and you'd think it was a new game with all the attention it gets.

I think creating a narrative that the game is a flop, which so much evidence otherwise, is really silly. The game is doing incredibly well.

Infact, for those who dislike the game, it's doing *too* well. EA have literally announced the game has years of content to come.
    Normally 5 years into the Sims, the hype dies and all hype looks to the next game. That hasn't happened this time around.
    wrswrs2 wrote: »

All the packs for TS4 will just add more bugs to your game. Why not save your money for TS5

The Sims 4 packs add very few bugs to the game. Eco Lifestyle had a small handful and they are funny at best.

Meanwhile towards the end of The Sims 3, packs were coming with *Pages* of bugs, but in this same post you're literally telling someone to try Sims 3 while saying 4 is a bug fest, a little like calling pot calling the kettle fat.
    edited June 2020
    Plus there is a lot more gameplay in TS3 when you compare them basegame to basegame, EP to EP/GP (yes, because a TS3 EP is equivalent to several TS4 EPs and GPs combined!) and even in terms of CC and worlds (which include a cruise ship!).

Also, this is simply not true. Like, really isn't. At best, some Sims 4 expansions like Island Living or Cats & Dogs could use more gameplay, as a lot of the budget went into making the Pets themselves and Swimmable worlds, other packs like Seasons, Discover University, Eco-Lifestyle, Get Famous etc are basically the same size as Sims 3 packs.

The only thing that makes Sims 3 EPs feel so big is the new world. When you take the worlds away, and you're left with the same amount of gameplay, like Generations, everyone complained how small that pack was (even though it was a fan favourite theme) but gameplay wise it's the same as all the others.

Generations has the lowest Metacritic fan score of any Sims pack in the whole franchise everyone complaining how small the pack was for an EP. But I guarantee you, had Generations come with a new world, the reviews would have been great.

The worlds in 3 really made the packs feel bigger than they actually were and because the Sims 4 worlds are all connected so therefore smaller, it makes the packs feel smaller.

And I 100% bet, that if The Sims 5 goes back to adding open worlds and give a new one each pack, even with the same amount of gameplay, everyone will eat it up.

People rate the size of packs by things that are tangible. Jungle Adventure is considered the biggest game pack to date, and when you boil down to it, it's just because the Jungle is big. Gameplay wise it's on par with all the others.
  • WugriWugri Posts: 23 Member
    @jackjack_k I'm sorry, but when I consider the amount of gameplay-fun I've personally had with the Sims 3 and the Sims 4, for me, the Sims 4 simply can't compete. At all. Building, yes, and I love the Sims 4 graphics, but the sims 4 gameplay never succeeds in keeping me entertained for more than a few hours whenever a new expansion comes out.

Lets take pets, for example.

Pet design in the Sims 4 is somewhat better than the Sims 3 Pets, absolutely, but personally I just don't care enough about pet or dog breeds. For me, a cat's a cat, a dog's a dog. But add in a third animal, horses, with similar depth to the gameplay, and my fun automatically bumps up by 50%. For the Sims 4, you had to buy My First Pet Stuff to get the smaller pets. In the Sims 3 they were part of the expansion pack itself, and there were way more small pets too! Birds, anyone? Oh, just thinking back! Rather than a crazy cat-lady, I had a crazy bird-lady :wink:. Snakes, turtles, I completely forgot about those, but yes, the Sims 3 had them!

Another big factor for me, is that I can't control my pets in the Sims 4. Do you know how amazingly fun it is to have your dog wreck the house and your sims go ballistic? In the Sims 4, pets are mostly there for decoration `\_(=_=)_/`.

The Sims 4 Cats and Docks has the vets, yes, but the Sims 3 had horsemen. And while I like the vets, that career felt like a carbon copy of the doctor's in Get To Work. Horsemen, on the other hand, offered completely new interactive gameplay.

Even the number of Lifetime Wishes vs ambitions and the traits can't compare.

-----

When I make this comparison between the various expansions for the Sims 3 and the Sims 4, the pretty much almost always losses. For the Sims 3 I rarely regretted buying the expansions. For the Sims 4 I've become a real budget-shopper simply because I feel most packs aren't worth their full price :disappointed:.

And I hate that.

From a business perspective the Sims 4 is a success, yes. EA earned loads. But with the franchise going on for so long and the number of simmers ever increasing, that's pretty much a given. EA has done badly, but not so badly that fans are leaving in droves, especially because there is no real alternative (yet). But I really, really, really hope that the Sims 5 will be a return to 'Sims 3'-level gameplay.
    edited June 2020
    Wugri wrote: »
    @jackjack_k I'm sorry, but when I consider the amount of gameplay-fun I've personally had with the Sims 3 and the Sims 4, for me, the Sims 4 simply can't compete. At all. Building, yes, and I love the Sims 4 graphics, but the sims 4 gameplay never succeeds in keeping me entertained for more than a few hours whenever a new expansion comes out.

Lets take pets, for example.

Pet design in the Sims 4 is somewhat better than the Sims 3 Pets, absolutely, but personally I just don't care enough about pet or dog breeds. For me, a cat's a cat, a dog's a dog. But add in a third animal, horses, with similar depth to the gameplay, and my fun automatically bumps up by 50%. For the Sims 4, you had to buy My First Pet Stuff to get the smaller pets. In the Sims 3 they were part of the expansion pack itself, and there were way more small pets too! Birds, anyone? Oh, just thinking back! Rather than a crazy cat-lady, I had a crazy bird-lady :wink:. Snakes, turtles, I completely forgot about those, but yes, the Sims 3 had them!

Another big factor for me, is that I can't control my pets in the Sims 4. Do you know how amazingly fun it is to have your dog wreck the house and your sims go ballistic? In the Sims 4, pets are mostly there for decoration `\_(=_=)_/`.

The Sims 4 Cats and Docks has the vets, yes, but the Sims 3 had horsemen. And while I like the vets, that career felt like a carbon copy of the doctor's in Get To Work. Horsemen, on the other hand, offered completely new interactive gameplay.

Even the number of Lifetime Wishes vs ambitions and the traits can't compare.

When I make this comparison between the various expansions for the Sims 3 and the Sims 4, the pretty much almost always losses. For the Sims 3 I rarely regretted buying the expansions. For the Sims 4 I've become a real budget-shopper simply because I feel most packs aren't worth their full price :disappointed:.

And I hate that.

From a business perspective the Sims 4 is a success, yes. EA earned loads. But with the franchise going on for so long and the number of simmers ever increasing, that's pretty much a given. EA has done badly, but not so badly that fans are leaving in droves, especially because there is no real alternative (yet). But I really, really, really hope that the Sims 5 will be a return to 'Sims 3'-level gameplay.

Great post! You pretty much described how much better TS3 is to TS4. But even TS1 and TS2 are far better than TS4 in terms of gameplay and content.

I don't believe it though that Sims 4 is a success. There are telltale signs that isn't doing as well as they try to portray it. EA though would HAVE to say that it's successful in order to keep their investor invested. The reason why it has run on for so long is because they didn't work on TS5 right away like they have for the previous iterations. They only started about 3 years ago. But they need to keep TS4 going until TS5 is ready for release so they're just saying it's successful, especially on these forums. But I've seen the massive dissatisfaction with TS4 pretty much everywhere else where they can't control the narrative. They've also given away the base game free on more than one occasion, so that indicates a desperation to sell their DLCs. They never had to do that before with the previous iterations. It is often said that it "sold" so many copies, but I got mine free but that's still considered a sales transaction. Plus, many people tried it out on trial but then refunded it - that doesn't get mentioned and it still counted as sales transaction.

Also Metacritic scores were only mentioned for the most aggregious ratings for TS3 - the Generations EP. But if you look at the Metacritic page for TS3 Generations, the user rating was based on a very small sample: only 88 users! If you ever had to take a statistics course in university, people would know that a small sample isn't a very accurate reflection of how something is viewed. Moreover, now that there is TS4 whose sims are so lacking in depth, TS4 simmers are practically BEGGING that they get a Generations pack like TS3 has. I think the only reason why EAxis are trying to discourage that idea is because a Generations pack would be too much work and cost for them because they would have to implement new gameplay and animations that can't be copied from what the game already has.

If they want to go by the same logic they've been using, all they need to do is look at the Metacritic ratings for TS4 as compared to the Metacritic ratings for TS3. For Sims 3, users gave it a metacritic rating of 7.7 (from a pool of 1,068 users), while for Sims 4, users gave it an appalling 4.1 (from a pool of a 2,331 users). Critics also rated Sims 3 better with a score of 86, while Sims 4 only gets a 70. That's worse than Generations because these are ratings for the basegames!

-=<*>=-

In terms of alternatives, there are two competitors trying their hand at it: Paralives and Paradox Tectonic's game. Paradox Tectonic is keeping their cards close to their chest at the moment until they're ready to announce, but from what I've seen of Paralives, its fanbase has been expanding very quickly. That's not to say that I've entirely given up on EAxis - I want them to step up to the plate and make TS5 great just like the older iterations, TS2 and TS3 (and TS1 was pretty legendary too!). Because basically, I want the life simulation genre to be full of amazing games. If they are ALL great, I have enough money to buy all of them. But if any of them are as poor as TS4 (which I got free) then I won't hesitate not buying those particular games.

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    at this point in time i feel like 2020 2021 is the time for the sims5 and as a player if we all put or heads together no matter the difference in play style or toughs we can all make the sims 5 a great game i would even say now is the time to unite as simmers and let out or voices so that as players we all see in the sims5 the content we wen and love from pass sims games as well as never before seen content with a home phone like this if players wents more retro style homes iETRK7S.jpgSumOVkZ.jpg it would not remove the cell phone but the cell phone when inside the home lot where your sims live would not ring if they have a home line as a player of the sims i also feel that sims4 lacks lots of retro content like a topload washer with matching dryer sure its nice to have a front load set but would be nice to have an old school washer like this 05JafND.png or like this if sims house is a bit more modern or if still view as a story point of view sims decided to renovate there home 50K0ijB.jpg and if sims wanted top of the line appliances thats when a front load washer dryer would come in or if space requires unit to be stack mN8v7A7.jpg pics are there as reference and exemple
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    This is what I have. It's very compact! I much prefer a top loading washer, but still save space, so this is why I chose this model. I haven't seen this type of washer/dryer combo in The Sims, but it would be nice to see it added to the styles of laundry appliances in TS5.

71LZSW0izhL._AC_SX342_.jpg