Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you dress up your kids/toddlers?

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Yes
    For played households, I change the outfits and hairstyles for toddlers and kids almost all the time. I only change the look of unplayed toddler and child sims if I encounter them and seriously dislike the outfit they were given.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Other:
    I dress my children, but usually not Toddlers unless they're wearing the alien outfits. Toddlers don't spend a lot of time in that stage for me, and their outfits are usually so limited that I generally don't care.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes
    Yes, more than adults actually, as tots/kids are the life stages I play most and keep them in longest

*Edit I do dress up adults too but I spend less time on it.
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Yes
    Yes absolutely. But not just toddlers and children. Each Sim regardless of lifestage get at least 2-3 outfits in most categories. Some even get more.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Yes
    I change their clothes if what the game gives them is horrible, which is most of the time. For toddlers, I usually pick a nice every day outfit, and a cute PJ. To be honest, they usually spend most of their time wearing their PJ's. Unless they just had a bath, and got changed to every day clothes.

I'll change any mismatched clothes for children, remove accessories I don't want them to have. They're not toddlers or children for very long, so don't want to spend too much time in CAS with them.

Its extremely rare that I give any sim more than one outfit in any category.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Yes
    I play on long life with two week seasons, so toddlers (and kids) stay in that stage long enough that giving them at least 5 each of day to day and the relevant seasonal (hot or cold, depending on which season they age up in) outfits is usually worth the effort. If they'll experience Fright Fest they'll get a Halloween costume in party, in addition to 1-2 party outfits. And they'll usually only get one or two formal outfits.

Kids usually get a full five on everything but formal, athletic, and swim - and even then, I may go through that anyway.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yes
    Yes, of course, always.

Hairstyle, and a unique outfit for each category. I don't think any of my toddlers or kids have ever actually worn their formal outfits, but they do have one.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    No
    Oh! When you said 'dress up' I thought you meant give them formal or party outfits so I voted 'No.'

I do change their everyday, and maybe hot/cold outfits, but I never spend too much time on them. I'm not massively into toddler gameplay.
    giphy.gif
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    No
    Nah, they get aged up so fast it would be a waste of time to fill out the wardrobe, plus for the most part toddler clothes suck. Most you can't tell if they are for girls or boys. Any of the toddler outfits I use I've dl'ed cc for them. Usually one outfit per category is the norm and if it's hot, I'll just leave them in a diaper.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Yes
    I downloaded A TON of child cc, so I'm anxiously awaiting my sims getting pregnant so I can start using it.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Yes
    They’re a lot more fun to dress than the adults; that’s for sure!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Yes
    Always. I love my cute toddlers and kids.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Sometimes
    I go through what the game randomly assigned them. If it's not horrible, they keep it, maybe with a change or two. If it's horrible, I change it. Almost all my sims only have one outfit per category, cause I'm lazy that way - though I do change out everyday and other outfits that need it for season changes.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Sometimes
    I usually just make an outfit for every category once.. including formals ect for everyone, and then when they age up. If an event actually happens they change... sometimes certain clothing is mandatory like going to a restaurant if that is set. I don't usually have any reason to actually dress anyone up though except for maybe a picture or holiday. Adult dress up more often.
    egTcBMc.png
  • FunnyCidesFunnyCides Posts: 107 Member
    Yes
    I always redress my toddlers and children since I prefer to play on the long lifespan. I prefer their clothing to fit their personality.
  • MeTime85MeTime85 Posts: 142 Member
    Sometimes
    It depends on if Im taking pictures to post.
    For-forum.jpg
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Yes
    absafrikinlutely I love dressing my tots and kids up.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    No
    Never. I only change my born in game sims when they reach teen lifespan.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yes
    Definitely! I learn so much about all of my Sims based on their clothing choices.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • BookwormKitty11BookwormKitty11 Posts: 9 New Member
    Yes
    [quote="Stutum;c-17530706"]I very rarely play with toddlers and children. Once my sim has become a parent, I let the kid live with the other parent and let him/her struggle. xD The few times there are toddlers or children in my Sim's household, I couldn't care less about what they wear. Unless it's a fashion I hate with a passion (like if a male child ends up with a man bun, it's CAS time alright), I do nothing about it. [/quote]
    A household without kids, you say? Never heard of that. What would my sims DO in all of their spare time? ;p
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Other:
    i say other i do not let my sims age and live for ever but i do agree cas needs more choice for hair and clothes for kids and toddlers
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes
    Obviously I'm sure not going to let the game dress any of my Sims no thanks.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    With the CC clothes I find

Not that mess in game or that came
    With packs
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes
    dont use cc in general though but they always age up looking so bad i have to edit the outfits
    +i like to take kiddo pics for family wall
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    Yes
    I do dress them up! I thoroughly enjoy dressing my sims up no matter their age. :)