Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cink's Sims Worlds

ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
Hello, as I was searching for custom tropical travel destinations, I came across Cink's Sims and I'm really interested in some of their worlds like Lucid Cove, Coconut Palms, Twikkii Island and Fragrant Gardens. However I wasn't able to find any reviews or let's plays on these worlds, and as I searched the forums I saw some posts complaining that there was some bad cc (objects) that got stuck in this creator's worlds. I was wondering if I can't use Custard to check the world before installing it to see if it has any bad cc inside, and clean them if there is any? Is Custard usually able to clean up bad cc from worlds completely?

If you've ever downloaded and played this creator's worlds, can you please share your experience?

I also found this world on the exchange that looks very interesting, but like the above worlds I wasn't able to find any reviews or additional information aside from an introductory video on YouTube. The world is called Midtown and it was uploaded on 2019.

Edit: I'd also appreciate any reviews about Isla Escudo.

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Checking custom worlds with Custard isn't effective because for some reason all worlds show up as corrupt. I would install it into a separate fresh folder from your normal game folder and check the launcher to see what all installed with it, and even play it in a fresh folder and see if you have any issues.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Actually, if a world has cc attached, Custard will show the cc. The world file shows read yet it will also list the cc attached as shown on the site of Cink's Sims world you linked.
    Don't clean them and save, just remove the CC from your DCBackup (by date/time) and Launcher (if it shows).
    I always test in a clean save.

Why not just try them? I don't understand. :(
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    I have Isle Escuda installed in my game right now and it runs rather nicely.
    However, I found I can't use it as a travel destination.If I use Traveler mod to travel to it,
    my sims never arrive, I get there and end up in edit world view and no signs of my sims.
    Something about the coding in the world I heard.However its good to play.
  • ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    Hi @Rflong7 I don't want to try any downloads when I'm not sure of the contents inside because my Launcher doesn't work really well and I can't uninstall anything from my Launcher directly. I had some game-breaking problems last month with bad cc and it took me hours upon hours to clean everything up and get my game working again.

Thanks @GraceyManor that is very helpful information indeed. I was going to use it as a vacation world so I really don't need to download it at all if I can't travel to it...

Thanks @ZeeGee that sounds like the safest way but it would be too much work to test each and every piece of cc on a fresh game, that's why I wanted to consult the forums first.
    edited June 2020
    @Zei
    You could test the worlds by making a copy of your sims 3 folder, pasting it somewhere
    safe, then letting the game generate a new one.That way you still have your cleaned up game
    And testing the worlds won't touch any of the files.
  • wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    Zei wrote: »
    it would be too much work to test each and every piece of cc on a fresh game, that's why I wanted to consult the forums first.
    It's actually a really good idea to have a clean copy of your Sims 3 folder backed up somewhere.
    The game is not good at cleaning up after itself if you install and then later uninstall something.

wendyyi1 wrote: »
    Zei wrote: »
    it would be too much work to test each and every piece of cc on a fresh game, that's why I wanted to consult the forums first.
    It's actually a really good idea to have a clean copy of your Sims 3 folder backed up somewhere.
    The game is not good at cleaning up after itself if you install and then later uninstall something.

This.I keep 3 copies on my hard drive.One clean one with nothing in it, One for one group of CC and one for another.
    Plus have all my saves backed up separately as well
  • ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    It's crazy the lengths we go to just to keep our beloved game safe! I wonder has there ever been another game that is both so precarious and yet still loved and cherished 11 years after its release.