Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot edit apartment balcony in Evergreen Harbor

So I can't edit the Pinecrest apartment balcony in evergreen harbour. Does anyone know why? Is this a glitch or do I need to unlock something? If so is there a cheat around that.

Comments

• Options
    sugateddysugateddy Posts: 1 New Member
    No solution to offer but I'm having this problem too. Very sad as having another apartment with a balcony is part of the reason I bought the pack
  • Options
    arae9arae9 Posts: 24 Member
    I am also looking for a solution. I was excited when I saw lilsimsie making over this apartment about a week ago and she definitely could edit the balcony. I cannot :(
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I'm also having this problem.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited June 2020
    My theory is that it's because the balcony is not the part of the property (as the blue framing will ignore it when you hover over the apartment unit in manage worlds/when traveling)...
    But at the same time, I should check it out myself.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    But if they saw a game changer doing it we should be able to do it to. They have the exact same game.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Just checked in my game and can’t either. But saw multiple game changers adjusting it so must be a bug of some sort.
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    I thought I'd add that it's not a mod problem, I already tried to see if it would work without mods.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    But if they saw a game changer doing it we should be able to do it to. They have the exact same game.

The game changers had a different build when they played.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    bb.enablefreebuild maybe?
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Haven’t gotten the pack yet, but this is disappointing if the balcony can’t be edited. I remember seeing Deligracy or was it James editing it? If anyone is able to edit theirs please give a notice here
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    bb.enablefreebuild maybe?

I tried, didn't work
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Bummer.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Just noticed this yesterday. I feel like it should work because this particular apartment with balcony costs so much more money.
  • Options
    pallies1pallies1 Posts: 326 Member
    Same here. Can't do anything to the balcony. Can't change community spaces in the two neighbourhoods that my sim doesn't live in. Anyone else having this issue? I've never had so many bugs and glitches in my game as now, never with any other expansion pack.

Today neighbours, friends and vampires just stepped right into my sims apartment (Pinecrest 404) even though I've put the new function on the door on. If I thought visits was annoying before it's nothing compared to this glitch..
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2020
    Ahhh! another bug for EA/Maxis to fix some year. (if it is an bug) If EA/Maxis were able to edit the balconies then the end user should be able to do as well.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Check your door settings after your Sims travel, use CAS, etc. The trespassing settings apparently reset whenever there's a loading screen.
  • Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    I've also got this problem.
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I couldn't put anything anywhere that wasn't inside the apartment. How are we suppose to make it green if you can't put any plants and stuff?
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I just added my "me too" to the bug thread.

It looks like the balcony isn't part of the apartment space when you hover over it. When the game changers were playing the early access version, the balcony was probably a part of the apartment space and that's why they were able to place stuff on it... but now it's not. Most likely something to do with the latest patch fix.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    For the time being until they issue a fix for the balconies, for those who don't mind mods, TMex's TOOL mod allows you to edit the 'uneditable' areas of the world including the balcony, and as you can see, the objects are still usable.
    4ZnNAiz.png
    QSYiqU5.png
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    > @JACKIEJOY said:
    > bb.enablefreebuild maybe?

This didn't work for me sadly :(
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    SimGuruFrostSimGuruFrost Posts: 55 SimGuru (retired)
    edited June 2020
    Hi all, I have info regarding the balcony of Pinecrest Apartment #404 from SimGuruPaul:

Thanks for playing Eco Lifestyle, Simmers. We want to address your feedback on the balcony of Pinecrest Apartment #404. Some of you might have seen some early videos in which Game Changers were building on balconies. They were playing on an Alpha build that had the issues described below. When we initially designed and built that apartment, we planned for the balcony to be buildable space to make up for the real-life limitation of not having a yard. We ran into some challenges along the way and we’d like to share with you what happened.

We learned during production that the tech for swapping the apartment exteriors with gameplay could not accommodate this due to complications with the apartment exterior dynamically changing with the neighborhood. The balcony also had a bug in which neighbors looking for the front door would walk through the apartment uninvited to get to the balcony and then knock on the sliding glass door. How rude! We tried a fix that enabled items to be placed on the balcony, but this resulted in more bugs:
    • When the town enacted the Modern Development Neighborhood Action Plan (NAP), the balcony wall did not update to match the wood paneling from the rest of the building. If you tried to fix the pattern manually, the wall did not respond predictably.
    • That NAP caused the window and the door to disappear erratically.

We explored and attempted multiple fixes, but when they didn’t pan out, we decided the best option was to return to a static balcony and adjust the logic for determining the front door. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused and we hope this at least gives some insight into what went into the decision.

SimGuruPaul
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    That’s disappointing but understandable. Lilsimsie seemed to have some massive issues with the balcony after one of the development NAPs was activated. Thanks for the info @SimGuruFrost
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Thanks for the information @SimGuruFrost . After noticing this I went and looked at the City Living apartments and saw at least one where you could edit the balcony. Maybe due to the packs being different there's some technical issues in making it work but if you can edit balconies with those apartments why doesn't this work with the new ones?