Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Packs you regret buying?

123457...Next

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    City living would have been on my list if I had payed full price for it.
    I don't regret buying any other packs because I usually only buy the ones I really want, so I also don't have a ton. Sims 4 also needs packs in order to be playable.

I usually stay away from SPs I own like 3 (I didn't get a single one from TS3 and don't regret it a bit).
    I liked some of the TS2 SPs though.

From TS3 I regret Supernatural even though I thought I was gonna have a blast, I only used witches once I think.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited June 2020
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    I only bought Get to Work for the aliens. Honestly I'd rather have a full alien pack, the aliens we got here are a little lacking, human disguises are forced rather than optional, the genetics are broken, hybrids are broken, and you can't even live on Sixam.

Spa Day never gets used. But I got it in a bundle so it's fine.

I’m one of the few who actually likes the active careers it feels like, but I agree. The main incentive for GtW for me was aliens, and in retrospect I really wish they’d gotten their own gamepack instead. Aspirations (Invasion or Assimilation, one to abduct the world and the other to go unnoticed in human society). The disguises actually working/mattering (stop being surprised to learn someone is an alien when you met them undisguised ON SIXAM), liveable Sixam, alien lot traits (abduction zone, anti-abduction zone, force alien reveal, force disguise, alien hot spot, etc).

Just. There were clearly a lot of ideas there with the disguises and stuff that they didn’t have time to execute properly and it’s a waste. I’d rather careers and aliens had been two separate packs. I think both concept suffer from being a single pack.

YEAH!! 100% this. Both careers and aliens had a lot of missed opportunities. Far too many.

I actually don't mind the active carreers either, but they're so few, and the only one I actually like out of them is the scientist one.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    Get to work hands down. Those careers are so half done, vintage glam I don’t even use the butler, I’m just now finally enjoying discovery university because I’ve got the hang out it, with getting school work done and having a social life, and enjoying campus activities, I also LOVE the fitness pack, it’s so underrated in my opinion for 10$ younger cute ear buds that you can use working out, sun bathing , doing homework. Cleaning, jogging, and I off the work out at home feature, and ofcourse rockclimbing.

But back to the topic, maybe back patio stuff, I don’t use hot tubs either.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Dine Out. Restaurants were the one things I wanted most then we we finally got them, it was so buggy it is unplayable. I don't use them in my gameplay. Only for creating screenshots.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    The BASE GAME! If I knew it was going to be this Awful I wouldn’t have bought it full price nor SP, GP, EP.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Eco Lifestyle.
    Bugs galore, boring, nothing works the way they should. Right now I can't even play my favorite saves because of it. :/
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    If I were to regret buying a pack, it would be Seasons. Even on the longest setting, holidays come back around too quickly to feel meaningful. I don’t like the weather extremes or plants going dormant.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I... Don't so much regret buying it as the choices that were made for it. The Pets expansions are my favorites, and the make it or break it pack for me. I have to say that Cats and Dogs, even considered together with My First Pet Stuff, was the most disappointing one for me. CAP was great, of course, color wheel and all. Graphics are one thing the Sims 4 has in spades compared to its predecessors. I also do really like the rodent pets. What can I say, they amuse me. The build/buy assets were solid enough and the world is one of my favorites. Plus it was our first foray into veterinary practices. Sounds like a winner, right?

Wrong. Pets haven't felt this inconsequential and lifeless since the Sims 1 (I actually liked some of that interaction better). Now, I admit I miss controlling pets. Sims 3 Pets was a masterpiece in my opinion. However, I even felt so much more connected to Sims 2 pets, in which you could not control them (you could do things like give them jobs and actually teach tricks to cats). They were sold as uncontrollable to feel more lifelike in 4, but they don't.

Whether you like controlling pets or not, Sims 4 sims are very much doll like in the sense that you have to put a lot of imagination into them. This is because their personalities are severely limited by design of both the traits and the overall functions of personality. I usually overcome this with direct control. However, pets have it worse than sims, with even fewer possibilities and have very little to no chance of getting new additions.

Also, they have random hidden fears and interests you cannot assign, which means if you are trying to recreate a pet, especially on the personality side, good luck. My own cat is not afraid of the TV, but in sim form she is. That or the dishwasher, etc. On top of being a soulless, inaccurate replica it takes up a sim slot. I would have accepted this more if we could control them, but they are a glorified NPC. Imagine if your maid, butler, handyman, etc. took up a family space. Further, the buggy NPC vet system is difficult to use to cure the illnesses you cannot turn off. I usually power through, but it takes a long time.

All in all, it ends up in a lot of disappointments for me. I love pets and have to have them for my stories. They also really look amazing. It just hits that much more that I can design the coolest looking pet and it's going to basically be a potato because they are all potatoes. That on top of stupid choices like not allowing children to walk and bathe pets ruin it so much more for me (I don't know about you, but a condition of pet ownership for me growing up meant I had to do those things and it was standard in the prior iterations).

So yeah, I bought it and was always going to buy it. I just hate how it turned out. Biggest gut punch for me this entire generation if Sims.
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I've regretted Outdoor Retreat. This pack is so boring to me that I'm not gonna use it in my gameplay ever. Okay, you can camp but that's all there is to it, there isn't any interesting thing to do in Granite Falls.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited July 2020
    Get Together probably. I use many cas and build items but rarely touch the town,clubs or sims from that pack. Go would be outdoor retreat. Hated it. So pet stuff.
    Post edited by duhboy2u2 on
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2020
    Honestly I use at least one thing from all the packs I own, even the ones I dislike I still like some features so honestly I don't full blown "regret" any of them. This is just a list of the ones I like the least from best to worst

Cats and dogs I hate the actual cats and dogs, never use them but the world is one of the best

City Living I honestly don't get much use out of but it's nice to have and the festivals are fun sometimes

Eco Lifestyle has its flaws (a lot of them) but I love the port neighborhood and the CAS and build-buy are really nice, it's grown on me as a pack since I've been playing with it

Discover University was fun to play through once but I don't see myself using anything from it ever again, however I love the roommates system so I wouldn't refund it just because of that

Get Together is probably the one I like the least, I don't really get it to be honest. Not a fan of the world and I don't really use most the stuff but I enjoy the closets and the pool stuff it brought and clubs are handy sometimes
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    Discover University
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Tiny Living and Eco Lifestyle.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I don't really regret any purchase, but the stuff packs I use the least are Luxury Party, Vintage Glamour and Moschino. Game packs, maybe Strangerville (though I love the military career). I don't regret any of the expansions. Note: I just got the most recent three (Discover University, Eco Lifestyle and Tiny Living) and haven't played them yet so I can't include those in my evaluation.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Honestly.. Strangerville.

The world itself is very small and only serves a purpose for the storyline if you choose to do it.

The CAS items are forgettable and not my style. The objects are all very strange and look out of place outside the world. The storyline is also only fun the first time you do it. It lacks replayability, which is my main problem.

I like some of the Sims in the town, like the Eclectic Arts household (I think that's the one). I use cheats to remove the Infected trait, then move them to one of the other worlds. It's an okay place to move Sims that I'm not actively playing but don't want the game to cull, like some of my Sims who've aged up to YA or Elder.
    Outdoor Retreat. I love the concept but always get bored within 4 minutes of sending Sims there. Even worse for me is that I always forget it is boring, look forward to sending Sims there, only to once again be reminded what a snoozefest it is.

I started using some of the BB items for outdoor beer gardens; I do enjoy it for that!

OR goes well with JA because you can get the tents and stay really cheap especially if you add in a grill. (The Fresh Trait aspiration reward works great as well.) I use the world as a retreat for my painters once they can paint from reference, and also writers now that we have laptops. There aren't that many distractions so they can get a lot of work done.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Outdoor Retreat is the only one I really regret buying. Granite Falls is boring, and there's nothing to do. Other than a few CAS items, I could play easily without that pack.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Vampires: I truly have no idea why I purchased it there is no vampire game play I'd actually want from vampires they removed everything I would want from vampire lore like staking them that would make it fun for me.

Get to Work: Took one of Sims 2 best packs and destroyed it they removed any reason to use retail seeing as all clothing is already unlocked and gave us nothing to add game play in stores no changing rooms cash registers working clothing racks was replaced by a mannequin no objects like jewelry cases or grocery freezers magazine racks and so on. Also the mini game police and hospital where you cant even bring your Sims when sick or have your Sim be arrested.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"