Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game patch causing my game to crash when attempting to load the game; only new game works

I cannot load any previous save on ps4 after patching today. Is there any resolution in sight?

Comments

• pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited June 2020
    The gurus are aware of the issue, but we haven't been given any info on when it will be fixed.
  • RevolverOcelotsRevolverOcelots Posts: 438 Member
    I was going to say the same not a thing is loading. I hope they find a fix soon!
    8c1695baf85e527a0357f825b6539ff2cd9de1a7.gif Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?
  • JhessaJhessa Posts: 16 Member
    My game was running fine till today's patch now when I load up one of my saves the sims in that world won't move, they are totally frozen. Is this a known issue?
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 254 Member
    Massive troubles since today's update as well.
    Completely emptied and then even Replaced Mods folder.
    Game still crashes trying to start even a brand new game.

Made this entire update totally useless.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited June 2020
    I dont know if this will work, but if you can get into your save, save it as a new save instead of overwriting it so maybe you dont have too start a new game if you dont want too , name it something different so you dont get mixed up, then come out the game then launch it again using the new/old save you just made, I done this recently before this patch because it kept crashing, soo far it hasn't crashed
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I have never seen a PS4 game have so many issues. How can this be allowed?
    2quwd7.gif

• ElectroselfDJElectroselfDJ Posts: 1 New Member
    My most played save is crashing the game on PS4, I have tons of collections, families, I can't even thin of starting a new save. No way!
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    Still no fix on old saves. Playing a new game is SO BORING.
    I have NEVER seen a game have so many problems with it. How can this be allowed? The testers should be making sure there's nothing wrong BEFORE releasing it.
    2quwd7.gif

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited June 2020
    Theres a hot fix available for console now
  • YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    Yesterday my game was fine. Today after the hot fix patch when I sent my sims on her acting job and she returned home it is like everyone is frozen and I can’t do anything. Please help! It crashes after a while.
  • Md1992Md1992 Posts: 1 New Member
    Since I downloaded the new pack today my game won't even load to the main screen to load a game.
    Just tried again, it appears to happen with traveling.
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Nvm my previous post my game still crashes as usual...
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
    edited June 2020
    What's the point of patches when they keep adding new problems and never fixing the current ones?

Is there a contact for America's Consumer Affairs? When you pay good money on a game, you expect it to work properly.

I remember a couple of years ago, I could play the game for hours; playing multiple households, traveling a lot and it NEVER crashed once. What happened?
    2quwd7.gif

• iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    They never even mentioned fixing the crash problem in the patch report 🤨 I guess it wasn’t paid any attention to or forgotten?
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yamsisims wrote: »
    Yesterday my game was fine. Today after the hot fix patch when I sent my sims on her acting job and she returned home it is like everyone is frozen and I can’t do anything. Please help! It crashes after a while.

That's the traveling crash that's been happening since December. That wasn't addressed in Today's Patch.
    So the developers have been aware of the issue for months and haven't even bothered fixing it?
    2quwd7.gif

• ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I wish they would acknowledge that they are working on the issue at least.

The developers are plenty aware on the EA Ps4 fourm. People spend hours going through the troubleshooting steps to no avail. No follow up responses are posted on the thread...wondering after people send in their busted saves are they able to request refunds or what? I'm 2 months into these crashes and can't imagine not being able to play for 6 months! That's ridiculous waste of money to sit on. I'd want my money back or a credit so I can go back to PC.
    The game is crashing every 20 minutes now after the patch and DLC. See below:

The game is unplayable and will blue screen every 20 minutes of gameplay.

The symptoms are as follows:

Select an interactive item (laptop for example)
    No interaction options appear
    The game freezes on in game time (6:15p.m) for example
    The game will then show the interaction options about 2 min later
    Game time catches up for the time that it would have elapses to (6:36p.m.)
    The game then goes back to the frozen time 6:15p.m.
    Game locks up and blue screens to a PS4 blue screen message
    This has happened everytime since I installed the new DLC. The game is unplayable. Please fix this.

Link to EA help issue that I created:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/PS4-blue-screens-after-patch-and-DLC-on-6-5/m-p/9189288#M8851
    I have been looking at some of the support tickets put in, and my problem appears to be related to the computers (in the game). Every time I have had the problem it was when one of my sims started using the computer. There does seem to be various bugs introduced by this patch or EP.
    I just added Hammy to my lot and after that, the game crashed again - CE-34878-0 PS4 ERROR. I'm not even going to play the game until they fix it. I can't make any progress because the game crashes every single time. Devs and community managers, I hope you're reading these comments.