Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any way to improve insects' health?

No matter what I do, the insects' health end up on "declining", and I won't get anymore produce from them (even when it says it's ready to collect, might be a glitch). Any ideas on how to improve their health somehow? I tried the nurture option as well, several times in a row, but that did nothing.

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Seems like a bug, it's happening in my game as well, the produce is ready to collect the second time after the insects die but cannot be collected because the insects are already... umm dead.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    A bug with the bugs. How appropriate. xD
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    When I tried nurture about five times it went back up to fine. It takes a bit of spamming which I’m not sure is intended but I was able to get it to work. Spam nurture till it goes back to fine. Hope it works for you :)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited June 2020
    You can nurture them until it hits "thriving".... and that is way too long in my book. I didn't even count how many times that takes, but it's a very long time of bug hugging. When mine were declining the next day I gave up.. My sim has a huge garden and all sorts of stuff to do, gotta have time to vote, strong arm people and drink fizzy drinks too!
    My solution for now is just to let them die and replace them, or I even have started replacing them sooner. I only get one yield out of them this way.... makes for pricey bug meal but that's what my sim wants to eat.
    I was told Little Miss Sam already has a mod out for this although I haven't installed it yet.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    MysanMysan Posts: 111 Member
    I am using LittleMsSam's mod for nurturing the bugs, and the health level goes up one step per Nurture-interaction. Before installing the mod, it felt like the health did not improve no matter how much I tried to nurture the bugs.
  • Options
    Thanks for your input, everybody. I guess I'll just restock when I need more or their produce.
  • Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    edited June 2020
    Another bug.... oh my goodness, this is insane... is anything working as it should in this pack?
    Post edited by mcorral on
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    mcorral wrote: »
    Another bug.... oh my goodness, this is insane... is something working as it should in this pack?

Youre gonna have to expect something like this everytime there is a new pack but fortunately for some people they can always rely on modders to fix day one bug.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    I watched Carl's review & he said it takes 18 nurturings to get bugs healthy.
  • Options
    Starfree wrote: »
    I watched Carl's review & he said it takes 18 nurturings to get bugs healthy.

Oof. Yeah, not doing that, it's not like I'm in a hurry, but man..... xD
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    So I spammed nurture on triple speed until I got the grubs up to thriving. Now after I collect the whatsit the grubs drop to growing. Spam 2 more nurtures and back up to thriving. Also the whatsit is collectible more often when thriving. Getting Sims 2 gardening flashbacks with the bugs.