Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Swiper No swiping! Eco Living.

My sim keep taking her own stuff but it does not go into her inventory. I do not have the Sharing is caring on so yea needs to be fixed ASAP. She is not a Kelpto either.

Comments

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    She is taking her own things to recycle. Have her recycle something at least daily and she will stop.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    What kind of stuff do they autonomously recycle? Stuff from the inventory or stuff in the house? And is it tied to one of the new traits?
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Mine took her own tv and pet food bowl before I noticed, which were in the house, It's the recycler trait, I forgot what it is called but the text does warn you that something will happen if they don't recycle.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited June 2020
    I have found that if my sim gets tense she will constantly try and swipe her own things , which is so bloody annoying

Who came up with this stupid idea needs telling that annoying things do not make a game better
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I had to remove that recycler trait. If this is the result, I will never use it again. This trait is officially going into the list of traits I never, ever use because they’re either annoying or entirely useless.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I will use the trait but I will make sure they have a recycle unit and supplys.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I am glad that they are trying to make traits have noticeable effects but this is definitely not one effect I want. In the next patch they need to completely eliminate this aspect of the recycler trait. I like it other than that. They also need to tone down the incredibly annoying "Sharing Is Caring" NAP or maybe have a popup that has sims ask if they could take something and perhaps offer you another thing in return? If I were the developers that is the way I would have approached these neighborhood plans. I'd have user-directed decisions based on the themes of the plans.
  • KristenC1024KristenC1024 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Rudiarose said:
    > My sim keep taking her own stuff but it does not go into her inventory. I do not have the Sharing is caring on so yea needs to be fixed ASAP. She is not a Kelpto either.

I SEE SOME OF MY PROBLEMS NOW! LOL Check the plans that were voted in by sims. Sharing is caring will make sims steal even though they normally wouldn't.
  • fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    I dont like some traits because of their effects, for example there is this one in ts3 that made sims walk around in their fancy formal clothes almost all day and it just made want to tell them to chill down a bit, but i am sure there are others who like these "annoying" traits XD I just avoid the traits i dont like.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Maids tend to swipe things too a lot.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    This sounds so horrible, at this point I won't purchase the pack even if it goes on sale as this would kill my interest in the game completely,. Heck, even if it was free I would not put this nonsense in my game.

Hope they tone down the stealing soon.
  • heartlacingheartlacing Posts: 24 Member
    APotts wrote: »
    This sounds so horrible, at this point I won't purchase the pack even if it goes on sale as this would kill my interest in the game completely,. Heck, even if it was free I would not put this nonsense in my game.

Hope they tone down the stealing soon.

i'm having this issue with sims who aren't kleptos and with the NAPs all forcibly turned off and every lot i have is still getting stripped bare every time i visit it, so waiting for a patch is probably the only safe option here lol
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    Heh went too a library and the npcs kept stealing the bookshelves. And the computers.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Every time I see a thread about Eco Living it makes me so happy I did not buy it. I'm all for traits that have a impact but as I seen here on this thread "recycling" bookshelves being actively used in a library or a working tv is just weird now if a object is broken or laying on the street or in a dumpster this would make sense but just randomly swiping everything just shows how little thought went into this pack and it shows.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I liked your title, lol. Dora would be horrified over all this swiping. I'm glad I trusted my instincts and didn't buy this pack.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.