Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MOD REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    Crafting eco parts is driving me crazy with how long it takes, so I'm hoping for a mod that either speeds up the interaction or craft multiple at once. I noticed that they can't be bought in the debug either, so I'm not sure if there's a special requirement to make it show up.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Hi guys!

I’m looking for a mod that has the rest of my household stay in bed (or even better, go te bed) when my teen sim ‘sneaks out’ after dark. When she gets home at 3 am, everybody is up and doing stuff. I just want them to stay in their beds! Is there a mod that can help me?

Thanks!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • NeptitudeNeptitude Posts: 22 New Member
    > @Irdiwen said:
    > Hi guys!
    >
    > I’m looking for a mod that has the rest of my household stay in bed (or even better, go te bed) when my teen sim ‘sneaks out’ after dark. When she gets home at 3 am, everybody is up and doing stuff. I just want them to stay in their beds! Is there a mod that can help me?
    >
    > Thanks!

Here is a good one
    http://modthesims.info/d/595214/sleep-all-night.html
  • LeiaLeia Posts: 61 Member
    Hey guys... I really, really wish for a mod which would make ECO living crafting and nurturing insects faster...
    If anyone could do that or point me to a tutorial to do it myself or... anything.
    I'm going crazy cuddling insects all afternoons just to keep them alive Q_Q
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Leia wrote: »
    Hey guys... I really, really wish for a mod which would make ECO living crafting and nurturing insects faster...
    If anyone could do that or point me to a tutorial to do it myself or... anything.

LittleMsSam has one for speeding up nurturing in her Random Small mods section here:

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/619989464091082752/random-small-mods-sometimes-mods-are-sooo-small

It's called 'Nurture Gives More Health'.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2020
    I’m looking for 2 mods:

- One to make the freelancer interaction “Chat With Clients” faster
    - One to make drinking coffee give more energy
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I’m looking for 2 mods:

There's this one for the coffee, though it was last updated in January so might not work any more?

https://www.patreon.com/posts/drinks-energy-32963349
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    I’m looking for 2 mods:

There's this one for the coffee, though it was last updated in January so might not work any more?

Says in the description that it is compatible with 1.63! Patreon doesn't show when you update posts, only the original post update, which is really unfortunate.
    I’m looking for 2 mods:

Says in the description that it is compatible with 1.63! Patreon doesn't show when you update posts, only the original post update, which is really unfortunate.

Ah, well spotted - thanks!
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    Hi! Can someone point me to a mod that “fixes” that one window from Eco Lifestyle? The one with the missing back textures?
  • LeiaLeia Posts: 61 Member
    Leia wrote: »

LittleMsSam has one for speeding up nurturing in her Random Small mods section here:

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/619989464091082752/random-small-mods-sometimes-mods-are-sooo-small

It's called 'Nurture Gives More Health'.

Thank you soooo much <3<3<3
    I’m looking for 2 mods:

Thanks!
    New mod request:

I would like a mod that stops your roommates from making cakes.
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > New mod request:
    >
    > I would like a mod that stops your roommates from making cakes.

Bienchens has one, go to this site and scroll down until you see "roommatefix", also as he states there is another package in that download to stop them from leaving trash everywhere

https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/an-die-uni-discover-university/
    edited June 2020
    Neptitude wrote: »
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > New mod request:
    >
    > I would like a mod that stops your roommates from making cakes.

Bienchens has one, go to this site and scroll down until you see "roommatefix", also as he states there is another package in that download to stop them from leaving trash everywhere

https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/an-die-uni-discover-university/

I have a few of @83bienchen mods already. I’m familiar with this one. According to the description, this is supposed to prevent your roommates from bringing food home with them, which it does. I’m looking for a mod to stop your roommates from cooking period. Whenever they cook they make cakes, so I want to completely stop them from being able to cook.
  • susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
    Some eco-lifestyle requests:
    A trait or some neighbourhood N.A.Ps for people who want to be more industrial, and a tuning mod that makes neighbourhoods go industrial faster.
    I do like the message that if you do nothing the world goes bad, because thats real life, but right now the message is if you do nothing the world goes green or neutral. What I'd like is:
    - First and foremost: tuning so that actions (outside of the careers) have more reprecussions for eco footprint and that it goes slowly moves toward industrial with time so you HAVE to countereffect it
    - A trait for "Non-believer in eco footprint" that repeal green N.A.Ps and will tell people eco footprints is a hoax.
    - A trait about loving industrial developements at all costs that will vote for modern developements, technology stuff and kinda be like Bess when talking to people. Would be cool if they'd vote for a "industrial" N.A.P.
    - An industrial N.A.P. that made the energy in bills really cheap because it comes from an unclean source so it has hugely negative eco footprint.
    - A N.A.P. about using more water that encourages watering lawn with sprinklers and owning pools or water activities. Enacting this plan also impacts eco footprint negatively and gives a 15% discount in water bills.
    - Lot traits, or some objects or cheat to make specific lots have very industrial or very green footprints. As of now the cheat will revert back to normal which isnt quite what you want. This would be ideal for making a pretend fossil fuel factory or windmill park and set the footprint better for storytelling

Bumping my previous post in the spoiler under as well.

I did after a lot of searching find a geology career from KiaraSims, and will test it out. Still hoping someone will make it with a work-from-home option.
    Two requests: geologist career and a mod that disables sims waking up because the music is on.

1. A mod that disables sims waking up because the radio is on. I get that its realistic, but I just want to be able to listen to the radio while my sims are sleeping and suprisingly havent found a mod for this yet :(

2. Geology or geo-engineering career. Im a huge fan of geology and earth studies, but unfortunately there are no options for this on the sims or by mods! I think this is such an overlook because there are many ways to make this into a career, and many people love to hunt collectibles in the sims. Why not make it into a career?

NOTE: Im not a modder, but I do think this requires some modding skill to be done. Even though the options I'm listing are possible in the game it would probably be a bit hard for a first time modder.

When asked, they would say "I work for the Geo-council". It works story-wise because its already in the game!
    Im not sure how the N.A.P. voting system in eco lifestyle will be, but if traits and careers are valued geologists would vote for green options. Or maybe there could be a two-path-career with one path being in the oil industry and that would be really bad for the environment?? That could be cool. In that case the other one would be about finding geological resources for green technology.

Some career titles:
    - Field work assistant (ideal mood: energized, skill: fitness, can give buffs about soreness or blisters on feet)
    On the interview you did take note of some rather unusal questions about yourself. "Can you carry a heavy backpack? Are you the type to complain about blisters on your feet?" 'How is this related to geology?' you thought. On the first field trip you realised. Who would have thought that geologists had to carry those rocks back by foot?!

- Mudlogger (ideal mood: focused, high chance of bored buffs). 12 hour workdays
    You've finally been promoted from the slave labour that was your entry position and you're excited for your next career step. Finally you can do something important. The excitement lasted half a day. Tonnes and tonnes of slam going through and it all looks the same. But wait, that piece of rock looks slightly different, doesn't it? Ah, nevermind, it was just the dark circles under your eyes speaking.

-Mineral analyzer (ideal mood: focused, skill: logic)

-Volcano poker (ideal mood: playful, skill: handiness)
    The magmatic composition of some rocks make them able to float in water. Of course, you're simply too curious not to test that statement out yourself. This job involves poking sticks in surface lava to test geological composition. It's for science. Bonus research paper: "Sticks burn when touching lava".

-Stoned professor (ideal mood: inspired, skill charisma lvl2)
    It seems like your excitement for geology does not translate to your students. There are some strange snoring sounds from the back of your classroom. Guess that's to be expected when teaching an obligatory class in geology. What was not expected was when you brought a bunch of interesting rock samples to your students, only for them to throw them back at you!

-Seismic Interpretator (earthquakes)

-Geode Geologist
    What do you do when you've learned the composition of every mineral, metal and crystal on planet earth? How can you keep diving into the interesting subject that is geology if there seems to be no more hard evidence for your hypothesises? Seems like the time is to look towards other planets!

Skills that could be used for this could be logic, handiness (and maybe fitness and archeology (GP06)?) If it was connected to a university degree it would be biology and physics, but honestly neither of them fit too well.
    If its doable love if it was both a rabbithole and work-from-home option. The work from home option would be very fitting as field work.

Some tasks that could be work from home or required for promotion: (numbers are arbitrary)
    - Dig 15 rocks
    - collect 5 unusual crystals/metals
    - collect a rare crystal/metal
    - Send 3 crystals/metals to geo-council
    - State that rocks are underrated, Enthuse about minerals,
    - Write research paper about (options: why stones are hard, High apatite: can you eat rocks?, Tectonic Relationships: Too Much Friction, Take nothing for granite!, Metamorphically speaking... Could go on with the geology puns)
    - Write news article about recent event (volcanic eruption EP07, earthquake EP03, could probably be more?)

High tier:
    - Go to space and collect space rocks
    - Or if EP01: Collect a Geode from Sixam
    - Visit the Forgotten Grotto (requires lvl 10 handiness)

Pack specifics:
    - EP01: Analyze crystals/metals like scientists can in the scientist career
    - GP06: Extract elements from crystals at the archeology table
    - EP07: go to the volcano on Mua Pel'am (this could be solved by going to the nearby lot or maybe you could click on the volcano and have the option to "Investigate" which would take 2 hours)
    - EP07: Clean up sulfur pile or ash pile, survey ocean floor (from marine biologist career)
    - EP08: Guest speak at geo-physics class. (You can do this as a mechanical engineer)
    - EP09 (Eco Living): Visit Grims Quarry in Evergreen Harbor

I would write more, but I've already spent two hours writing this and researching what you can do in the sims. I'm afraid this post will get lost in the 50+ pages here, but I'm hoping. If you decide to mod this career I'd be super happy to help with what I can!
  • LikamotoLikamoto Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey, I'd like a mod that enables autosave, there's a very old one on modthesims.info but, like I said, very old (2015 I think).
    I would like a mod that removes the “Gather Water” cool-down period.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hi are there any custom pose for stargazing or just lying on the ground while sims's head is resting on their hands. like this one for example:
    2646897_stock-photo-man-lying-down-in-grass-with-his-eyes-closed-and-both-of-his-hands-resting-behind-his-head.jpg
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    edited June 2020
    Someone should make a mod so kids and toddlers can use ladders.

I want this too
    Likamoto wrote: »
    Hey, I'd like a mod that enables autosave, there's a very old one on modthesims.info but, like I said, very old (2015 I think).

MCCC has an autosave function.
    More mod requests based on how long it's taking to eco-ise everything. I would like a mod that can choose the eco upgrades using instant upgrade, and one that stops toilets from instant upgrading to compostable toilets (no pooping fire please, the peeing one is enough!).
  • VaniliciousVanilicious Posts: 98 Member
    Someone could create a mod that returns phone calls, restaurant invitations, appointments, (festivals don't interest me) but if the calls to eat, to parties..

They say they adjusted the calls, but they completely ELIMINATED it, they ruined my game completely.

I regret so much to have updated and to have bought the last expansion, I cannot continue playing like this, they have literally killed my way of playing, I liked the autonomy more than anything and surprises, they with each expansion have ruined everything for those who play like me.
    I play sims from sims 1, this literally killed my game. if i don't get a mod that returns this kind of things, i will leave the sims forever, with sorrow, and so much money spent in vain, but i can't play like this, i hate to be the one that does EVERYTHING, i don't like it, i hate it. i don't even understand why they have done this? if the people that hate this ignore the call and that's it, why they had to eliminate the LITTLE autonomy or that detail that makes each sim feel more autonomous, i don't understand... if it's necessary, i pay for the mod.
    > @Vanilicious said:
    > Someone could create a mod that returns phone calls, restaurant invitations, appointments, (festivals don't interest me) but if the calls to eat, to parties..
    >
    > They say they adjusted the calls, but they completely ELIMINATED it, they ruined my game completely.
    >
    > I regret so much to have updated and to have bought the last expansion, I cannot continue playing like this, they have literally killed my way of playing, I liked the autonomy more than anything and surprises, they with each expansion have ruined everything for those who play like me.
    > I play sims from sims 1, this literally killed my game. if i don't get a mod that returns this kind of things, i will leave the sims forever, with sorrow, and so much money spent in vain, but i can't play like this, i hate to be the one that does EVERYTHING, i don't like it, i hate it. i don't even understand why they have done this? if the people that hate this ignore the call and that's it, why they had to eliminate the LITTLE autonomy or that detail that makes each sim feel more autonomous, i don't understand... if it's necessary, i pay for the mod.

Slice of Life includes it's own phone call system, you can install that separately also from the other features of SOL
    https://www.kawaiistaciemods.com/post/slice-of-life-mod
  • VaniliciousVanilicious Posts: 98 Member
    thnx Neptitude, i know about this, but, these calls aren't the same, there's a lot of sims (including sims that the active sim don't know), npc's, and some of them is weird places