March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Community Garden - Plants aren't becoming harvestable

vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
Is anyone else having an issue where the plants in the community garden don't ever seem to be harvestable? They always just seem to be at the same state as when I placed the lot.

Comments

• pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    Same here. Also the insect house never produces whatever fuel or whatever its supposed to produce.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Notice the same problem myself. This has been an issue in the game with gardens on other lots for a long time. Surprised it wasn’t fixed for this.
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Glad to know I'm not the only one. I also had the same issue before and thought it would be fixed. Seems like you need to be actively playing the lot in order for plants to mature.
  • mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    I've got this too. I'll add it to my 15 bugs discovered in my game....
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    I spent the night in a community garden lot and that helped with the plant growth, and I was able to harvest. Of course that is not an ideal solution to this issue
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Well that's not ideal. It kind of makes the idea of a community garden redundant. I hope they fix this.
    giphy.gif
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Plants on a lot only produce a harvest if you are on their lot at 5am. Neighborhood plants produce a harvest if you are anywhere in the neighborhood at 5am. It's been that way since Seasons. It's a real nuisance if you're trying to get harvestables from anywhere outside your own lot and neighborhood.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    Plants on a lot only produce a harvest if you are on their lot at 5am. Neighborhood plants produce a harvest if you are anywhere in the neighborhood at 5am. It's been that way since Seasons. It's a real nuisance if you're trying to get harvestables from anywhere outside your own lot and neighborhood.

So that's why none of my community lots with garden space have produced a harvest for a long time? Geez, what a pain. I'll have to try and remember to send a sim to those lots at 5am.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Sketch793 wrote: »

So that's why none of my community lots with garden space have produced a harvest for a long time? Geez, what a pain. I'll have to try and remember to send a sim to those lots at 5am.

Yeah, it's been a PITA since they added in seasonal growing times. I still have plants in the Magic Realm that haven't borne fruit because I'm not there all the time during the right season for them to mature.

They did kinda sorta fix this for some things, like the Romance Festival plants are now mostly harvestable at most times of the year, but the Birds of Paradise never seem to be growing. Like I get adding concepts like seasonal growing times, but I feel like Maxis doesn't particularly remember all the little nuanced additions of live plants they add to various areas that might show up outside of their season - or like in the Magic Realm, where you'd think any season is the proper season since it's a magical realm. Places like Magic Realm, the festivals and other plants that show up situationally should be just be marked as "sheltered" so that it doesn't matter what time of year it is for them to bear fruit.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Oki, send a early bird sim with coffee and book to the community garden. Thanks!
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    edited June 2020
    Quick note: your plants first need to mature before you can harvest. There is a cheat for this & other gardening stuff. If you shift-click on a plant you should see an option fo gardening. Click that & there's options for plant growth, plant evolving & others. Click on the plant growth one & choose 'mature' & your plant will instantly mature. Do this anytime before 4am & make sure your sim is there around that time too.