Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what's the new Game Pack?

Comments

• katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I dunno. The "End of the World" theme they had in mind then could have been was ultimately became Strangerville. I wouldn't say no to a back in time theme, though.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I say Hunger Games in that poll.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    I definitely want a farming pack, but as an EP. A winter resort could be cool, but I'm not sure how hotel rooms would work. Would it work like the mini cabins do in outdoor retreat? But with an added bathroom? In a more Hilton style building? That could be a HUGE bug that everyone would complain about.
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    So, that imagery of a gnome with a frozen rabbit, riding a llama invokes in the iconic kind of 80s epic hero pose of the guy with the sword above his head riding a unicorn. Additionally, gnomes, the freezer bunny, and llamas are all classically iconic in the Sims franchise. I'd say combined together, this would indicate something nostaligic, pulling from all iterations of the Sims, probably an homage pack since it's their 20th year. I'm not sure what gameplay would be introduced, but maybe it'll bring back old jobs, psychic advisors explosive heads, and maybe things like Mrs. Crumplebottom or other famous NPCs.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I dunno. The "End of the World" theme they had in mind then could have been was ultimately became Strangerville. I wouldn't say no to a back in time theme, though.

I sure hope not. Strangerville had nothing to do with the apocalypse or ending the world. To me atleast it seemed to be all about a strange plant in a strange town making strange things happen. Lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    We can have a Travel with Hotel as a Game Pack
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    A siblings game pack. I keep thinking it's family gameplay. And we'll get an occult, sort of, like imaginary friends or something creepy like that. 😂
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    For soem reason, I'm starting to think that the resort/snow mountain could be the one or the Bands/Music career/Showtime one too.
    Yeah same I hope it’s a resort;snow mountain pack I want to see my sim “rip some sweet lines down a massive face hit a cliff jump while ripping it though waist deep pow that would be brilliant.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2020
    So, that imagery of a gnome with a frozen rabbit, riding a llama invokes in the iconic kind of 80s epic hero pose of the guy with the sword above his head riding a unicorn. Additionally, gnomes, the freezer bunny, and llamas are all classically iconic in the Sims franchise. I'd say combined together, this would indicate something nostaligic, pulling from all iterations of the Sims, probably an homage pack since it's their 20th year. I'm not sure what gameplay would be introduced, but maybe it'll bring back old jobs, psychic advisors explosive heads, and maybe things like Mrs. Crumplebottom or other famous NPCs.

For some odd reason your descriptions of the gnome on a llama and a frozen rabbit made me think of Star Wars where Luke is riding that thingamajig (can't remember) in a snowy scene or was it a sand storm? from the original movies. lol Maybe it's a Disney pack. I know my kids could tell me what the name of that animal was he was riding but at the moment I just can't remember since it was forty years ago.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    If there is a Travel Game Pack, Then it should have the following:

1.) Vehicles and NPCs Driving the vehicle
    2.) New Vacation World
    - South Korean
    - Japanese
    - American
    - Winter Destination
    - African
    - Filipino
    3.) Airport World With Residential, Community Lot Types as well
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Oh I like that how about bringing back a classic world like Pleasant View?
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    i just hope it's something diffrent
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I agree with the people who think there may be a safari pack in the works. I would be a fan of that. I've been asking for an African themed world for a while because it's something we haven't seen. I'd send vacationing sims and if there's an option to live there, I'd think that's interesting too.

The bored housecats and the guy in safari clothing seem to suggest that. I also agree that if cats cat play with yarn, that would make a lot of sense.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

For some odd reason your descriptions of the gnome on a llama and a frozen rabbit made me think of Star Wars where Luke is riding that thingamajig (can't remember) in a snowy scene or was it a sand storm? from the original movies. lol Maybe it's a Disney pack. I know my kids could tell me what the name of that animal was he was riding but at the moment I just can't remember since it was forty years ago.

Tauntauns! Those were the beasts that the Rebel Alliance were using on the snowy tundra of Hoth that looked like kangaroo dinosaurs.

Then there were the huge Banthas that the sand people rode on Tatooine that resembled mammoths. (I have a Bantha plushy because I'm a big Star Wars nerd.)

Star Wars pack for the win! 😛 (I know people would hate it but I'd love it.)
    #Team Occult
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    What if it's a pack around tweens/teens. Tweens have never been done before in any sims game and teens were not in the poll for voting in the last survey. It's just a thought. I really have no clue what it could be but I hope whatever it is that it includes things for all life stages to do.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    I was thinking that this might be linked to the new game pack or the Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack, but I was playing yesterday and I wish I took a picture, but two townies were talking and I saw one of them show a talk bubble; said something along the lines of "coming soon new icon" in red lettering and then there was a blue present behind the lettering and I've never seen that before in my game. I think the townie that showed it was Zoe Patel. It was the fall in my game and not a holiday or anything.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I would love a ski resort with skiing, snowboarding, sledding, snow mobiles, ski lift, indoor sky diving, mountain climbing etc Finally able to make hot cocoa. Hotels/resorts added. Buffets etc
  • wanderinglizzywanderinglizzy Posts: 46 Member
    These are some awesome ideas! A mountain resort would be perfect, with a new hotel lot type. I built a "motel" in Oasis Springs ages ago, but could only set it to Generic lot type and bring my Willow Creek sims there for a "vacation" when they needed it. A world set in the mountains would also give us a chance to use the terrain tool, as hills look really out of place in any of the worlds we have right now.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    When is this GP supposed to drop anyway?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    When is this GP supposed to drop anyway?

no one knows
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    It’s almost definitely a dragon pack/reminiscent of game of thrones. The gnome freezer bunny on a llama sounds like the ice king and the vet with multiple cats reminds me of the mother of dragons. I’ve noticed the sims team does this a lot with popular media: Strangerville was their version of Stranger Things. Sulani was their version of Moana. Realm of Magic was their version of Harry Potter. I think this game pack will be an adaptation of the most successful pop culture thing in a while: Game of Thrones. I have no idea how they would pull that off in a game pack though I’m excited to see them try!
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I agree with the people who think there may be a safari pack in the works. I would be a fan of that. I've been asking for an African themed world for a while because it's something we haven't seen. I'd send vacationing sims and if there's an option to live there, I'd think that's interesting too.

The bored housecats and the guy in safari clothing seem to suggest that. I also agree that if cats cat play with yarn, that would make a lot of sense.

I mean, thats basically Jungle Adventures (or a theme very close) so I hope not.
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    I wonder if anyone has found any hints in Eco Lifestyle
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2020
    yupp wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone has found any hints in Eco Lifestyle

Good question. I’m trying to think of a pack concept that would fit in with Eco Lifestyle and the upcoming Knitting pack. Then I could see if there were any hints of that concept within EL.

Something to do with minimalism, off-grid living, the environment, making your own clothes... hmm...
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited June 2020
    simopolis wrote: »
    It’s almost definitely a dragon pack/reminiscent of game of thrones. The gnome freezer bunny on a llama sounds like the ice king and the vet with multiple cats reminds me of the mother of dragons. I’ve noticed the sims team does this a lot with popular media: Strangerville was their version of Stranger Things. Sulani was their version of Moana. Realm of Magic was their version of Harry Potter. I think this game pack will be an adaptation of the most successful pop culture thing in a while: Game of Thrones. I have no idea how they would pull that off in a game pack though I’m excited to see them try!

Very interesting. You're right about the popular media inspirations - I noticed that too. I would see the Sims team do something GoT-inspired, but I wonder if it's really the next pack in row. It would make sense for them to release a very thematic and adventurous pack after the realistic/mundane Eco Lifestyle, though.