Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Indoor Plants Dormant after Eco Living Installation

I've loaded up an old save with a sim who has every plant in her garden (and 5 cats!), some outside, some in a greenhouse and 2 in pots by the front door that are sheltered. It's the end of winter in this save, and I've just noticed that no only are the outside plants dormant as normal, but the sheltered pots have died down as have all the plants in the greenhouse. It didn't happen immediately, but after about 2 sim days. Now all my out of season plants are just little brown lumps. Is this a bug or a feature? My sim's garden is her entire income, so all her plants being out of action is a big blow.

Comments

• asthehindasthehind Posts: 28 Member
    Here are two pictures showing the greenhouse:
    bN6UW84.png
    k3xXrHs.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    This happened to the plants in the planter for one of my Sims as well after I moved the planter. The plants all went into my household inventory and I had to drag and drop them back into the planter. After that they stayed as brown lumps (like they had just been planted) until the next day at 5 am or whatever the time is when they grow, and then they went back to their normal size.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    I don't have the Eco game yet but I have the free update patches & I noticed that half of my sim's plants that are sheltered shurcked down to soil.
    Is there a gardening glitch?
    I didn't touch these plants. They're all out of season. I noticed that some trees outside (that are out of season) have also died back, whereas normally they'd stay as adult trees. I've played a few sim days since I posted, and now it's spring. While the outdoor in season plants are growing, the out of season indoor plants remain unchanged.
    aZj4N13.png
    b0C65BW.png
  • danceswithchaosdanceswithchaos Posts: 95 Member
    asthehind wrote: »
    I've loaded up an old save with a sim who has every plant in her garden (and 5 cats!), some outside, some in a greenhouse and 2 in pots by the front door that are sheltered. It's the end of winter in this save, and I've just noticed that no only are the outside plants dormant as normal, but the sheltered pots have died down as have all the plants in the greenhouse. It didn't happen immediately, but after about 2 sim days. Now all my out of season plants are just little brown lumps. Is this a bug or a feature? My sim's garden is her entire income, so all her plants being out of action is a big blow.

I have noticed when you install a patch, it has a tendency to "reset" things. This is why all of the out-of-season plants turned back into lumps. As they hit their season they will grow and then remain the same as they were before, the full greenhouse effect working again. If you don't want to wait for them to be in season again you can cheat them to blossoming.

Once they have bloomed they shouldn't go back to lumps again.

I started a new save game with mine, and the greenhouse effect is definitely working but all of them were new plants, nothing that was planted before the patch was installed.

A side note: I had a funny glitch where Sim was at work before I installed the patch, and then once I installed it it still showed her as being at work but she was physically at the house and able to go around doing things autonomously. She didn't revert to normal until her shift ended and was no longer greyed out, during as at work.
    That is interesting. I've started a new save in the new neighbourhood, but I'll get back to Ivy and her garden soon and see what happens!
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    This happened to me too. Plus, the ones that had evolved to nice went back to just normal.
  • Jaelk01Jaelk01 Posts: 113 Member
    I have this issue as well. Trick is that, for whatever reason my plants start an planted, grow to maturity then return to planted for no apparent reason.

All post patch.
  • LuvsunnydaysLuvsunnydays Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having the same issue, I started a garden indoors, its currently winter for my sims. Although they are inside I cant plant anything it says it is too cold to plant, but I can plant my winter plants
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Too good my sim's garden is all of bizarre fruit. It is always on season. They were perfect after installing EL.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I have plants in my game that never came back. I had to cheat them but they always revert back to just planted after harvest. I did some testing in a new save and the same happens after plants have been fertilized and evolved. It does not happen right away. Some of the plants were a week or two old. Not all plants do it and two herbs turn to lumps (just planted) after the first harvest.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2020
    The plants in my indoor area keep growing then all of sudden they will appear as if they are dormant. I'm not 100% sure but I think it happens when the eco footprint changes. Last night when I was playing I had the notification that my eco foot print had once again drifted back to neutral and then I noticed that the plants looked dormant again. I will keep an eye out tonight when I play to see if I'm right or not.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I started a new save after installing the patch and Eco Lifestyle. My sim has been building up a garden since then and it worked fine, except the visual glitch on the sage and basil. I think I once noticed quality reset to normal after travelling but returned to what it was the next day.
    Yesterday I played the end of sim week 8 and had my sim stay over at a friend's house for New Years Eve. When I had her travel home (at 3AM, before it officially became Spring), the sheltered plants that had come into season overnight had been reduced to mounds of dirt. I moved them outside as they were supposed to be in season, but after a day or so nothing had happened. I found that putting them in the household inventory and then back in game returned them to their grown state. So for me it was easily fixable.
    This hadn't happened with any change of season before, so it's either related to my sim not being on the lot or the plants being sheltered, or both. I don't recall whether I built the greenhouse before or after it became Winter. I'll see what happens once I move on to Summer and my sim stays at home.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited June 2020
    I've had it happen but then they come back. I've fiddled with pots and stuff though so not sure what brings them back to life. I know some go to seed and re-bloom ready to harvest the next day. My cowplant though is invisible except for the baby horns.... it moo's and jangles and must have ate the butler before I noticed. I find it funny now just because some bugs tickle me but hopefully it will be fixed soon.
    W2lHbQB.png
    egTcBMc.png
  • ShiftclickShiftclick Posts: 20 Member
    I have seasons but it is disabled (buyers remorse). My plants are doing the same thing. I have them in pots far from the house, one minute my Bluebells were grown and had flowers, went inside to upgrade washer additive tray, came out and three flowers and one garden plant were back to the newly planted stage. Hard to work on my gardening aspiration. I have no mods or cc installed. Have problem with pets disappearing also. I did the repair through origin several times. I had just recently installed Win 10, thought it might be that so I reinstalled it. Downloaded the game again, only thing in mods folder is the resource file. Did not fix it. I only have a few packs installed, do not plan on adding any more. I find a lot of the clothes, hair and objects they include with the packs are not my liking. Too bad I can't donate them to the Salvation Army.
  • jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    I’m having an issue that when I travel, most of my plants will be reset when I come back to the lot.
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2