Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tree Interactions; TREE RIGHTS!!

They're talking about all this eco friendly stuff, but they're not considering what they already have in the game; TREES! I think trees need to be more than expensive decorations that don't even give happy moodlets. Why can't we have interactions with them? Here are my ideas:
  • First off, I really hope that adding trees to your lot helps with the environment in eco living, but I'm sure they've done that
  • Lie/sit in the shade! On a hot day, sims could rest in the shade of a tree for, say, 15 minutes, and then come out with a happy moodlet and maybe won't get the 'too hot' moodlet for another little while.
  • CLIMBING TREES!!!! Why can't we climb trees, EA!?!?! I've spent my whole life climbing trees! I know there couldn't be a new animation for climbing every tree, but there could be a few trees that are climbable for children and adults! Toddlers could even have an interaction where their parents can sit them on a tree branch or something. Toddlers could gain thinking skill while sitting in a tree, children could gain motor skill, and adults could gain fitness or maybe even gardening. Or, if you have the Spa pack installed, wellness! Plus, everyone could have fun doing it.
  • SWINGS!! One of the most fun childhood activities is making your own swings and hanging them up on suitable branches. There could be a collection of trees that have suitable branches. Maybe you could place a swing from B&B, but maybe kids could, with the help of an older sim, create their own swing! When hung up the tree swing's ropes could adjust to the right length so that they reach the branch.
  • Foraging wild food! Lots of trees have edible bits. For example, maple blossoms are good in salad, oak trees drop delicious acorns that you can roast and turn into flour, and many needled trees have great flavors when it comes to making tea! Some of the trees in the catalog could have an available harvest every once in a while. Maybe some of the needles would make tea with some very powerful mood buffs!!!
  • Studying trees. Really, there's no reason this wouldn't work. Sims could use a study interaction to gain knowledge about the uses of trees, gardening tips, or even the world surround them. If a person lived near the magic tree in Willow Creek, for example, maybe studying a nearby tree could hint that they should interact with the magic tree.
  • CATS AND TREES! Last but not least, we should acknowledge the relationship between house cats and trees. From my personal experience, it is a complicated relationship, often used to manipulate humans into doing things. If a player had Cats and Dogs installed, cats could scratch on the tree trunks, and male dogs could wee on them. Cats could climb the trees, with a small chance of getting stuck and needing a human to come rescue them.

There is so much more to do with trees!

Comments

• ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    edited June 2020
    I agree. Especially because I feel childhood is portrayed way too modernly in the game. Children have very few or non interactions to be able to play outside or even with each other. Kids being able to climb trees would be lovely, maybe there could also be some options as build a tree house, or put on a tree swing, as you said. I can also picture them playing hide&catch, and hiding beneath trees or running around. That's sounds a lot like my childhood too.

Also, I understand that we have bees and honey, but what about mapples and mapple syrup? :(
    "You can't have your cake and eat it too" seems to be their ruling motto, sadly. :'( Why couldn't we have both.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    That all seems way too intricate to ever happen.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

I want trees that grow!
    Plant a tree when your baby is born, and let it grow with them!
    Their kids could climb that tree, or swing from it.

Yes! Different tree types should provide different foods, or have their own uses.
    Willow provides medicine, in the form of willow bark tea
    Chestnut and walnut trees provide edible nuts
    Maple provide syrup
    Mulberry produce messy fruit

I love your idea for shade. It should make sims extra cold in winter too.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Leo2009SSALeo2009SSA Posts: 150 Member
    Great ideas! I would like to see children being able to harvest fruits too.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member