Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how the heck do i plant seeds?!

so i've got garden beds in my lot, and my Sim ordered seeds. but i can't figure out HOW THE HECK to get her to plant the seeds!! am i missing something, or is my game glitching? thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Sunfisher0Sunfisher0 Posts: 211 Member
    edited September 2014
    Open the seed packet, and then drag the fruit/veg/flower onto the ground or garden bed. Then select it and press "Plant".
  • Options
    thursdaythursday Posts: 5 New Member
    darn. that's what i've been trying to do. i think my game might be borking out right now. i'll have to try again later :(
  • Options
    tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    I harvested a plant. I used the fruit/vegetable to grow a new one. I dragged it from my inventory. Placed it on the ground. Clicked and planted.
  • Options
    thursdaythursday Posts: 5 New Member
    After a game restart it works again. Strange.. Thanks guys!
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    How do you get seeds? I grabbed some fruit and flowers from my neighbors plants but I haven't found how to buy seeds yet. Do I have to buy the garden square bed things in the garden section before I can buy seeds? My Sim is a chef type so she has no gardening skill...well maybe now she has level one because I put my plants outside and thought they were planted until I clicked on them and figured out you have to set them on the ground, then click on them, then choose plant for your Sim to actually plant them. There will be a mound of dirt when they are planted.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Well two ways I have found so far - through the pc or look in the outdoor plant and you will see planting boxes. Buy one and place in their yard. Now click in the box and it will offer you seeds you can plant. You can plant 4 plants or one tree in the box from what I see so far.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Awesome thanks Writin_Reg :D
  • Options
    MichlyntyresMichlyntyres Posts: 112 Member
    I had no problems before, put the apple, lemon and other plants in the planters my Sim plants them and they disappear. Is this a glitch?
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    These trees need the big planters, not the small ones.
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    How do you get seeds? I grabbed some fruit and flowers from my neighbors plants but I haven't found how to buy seeds yet.

This is an old question from 2014.
    Now, other answers depend on which packs are installed. With City Living, fruits and vegetables can be bought at a stall found on squares, and other seems might be harvested at the spice festival. Fruit and vegetables can be planted as seed.

Other seeds might be harvested at vacation destinations or bought from the vending machines from Island Living.

One of the seeds found at the spice festival of City Living is cow berries.
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top