Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELPPP! Sorting Out My CC Folder!

Ok, I have 30k CC in my folder, finally after 5 years of playing Sims 4... I’M SORTING MY FOLDER. I just need tips, things to make it quicker and easier. And what’s the best way to split it? Gender, Age, etc? Also, I have a YouTube Channel, and in my Recent Video I was thinking about switching to... Maxis Match, I believe it would help my game, so is it best just to remove all my CC and restart or should I stick with Alpha? My YouTube is Mayaio, feel free to check out my video explaining ups and downs to swapping to Maxis Match after 5 Years of Alpha. Please HELP!

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    So you made a YouTube video about switching your CC from Maxis Match to Alpha but you want help on how to switch your CC from Maxis Match to Alpha? I don’t understand.
  • MayaioYTMayaioYT Posts: 38 Member
    @Chazzzy I made a YouTube video asking IF I should switch to Maxis Match, but now I need help on how to split my CC folder as if it’s messy.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Or you could delete the whole thing.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    I sort mine by creator, makes it easier to track down updates if needed, most creators put their name to the cc so sort by name add to folders. But thats just how I do it, other people have different methods! As for alpha/maxis match, I try to stick to MM because it suits the game aesthetic more so I'd ditch alpha, but again, thats just me!
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited June 2020
    I just dump everything into the mods folder helter skelter but I have copies of everything that is in it in a seperate folder where I sort things into subfolders by rooms (livingroom, kitchen, etc) and function (decoration, hobbies/activities). Then all the CAS things go into its seperate subfolder as well. I also make sure to download pictures of everything and name them by the filename of the CC so I know what it will look like. I also have a seperate subfolder for scripted mods (now this is the most important) and make sure it correspondes with the mods in my modsfolder.

It works for me but I have been thinking of putting subfolders into my mods folder and sort things there too but I can't decide how to sort it. By date of when I put it in or by maker or like I do above.

Edited to add:
    But I don't have 30k of stuff, just about 6k but if it would be better for you, just start over. Dump everything out and start your game. Then I guess you will start remembering cc that you really like and want to add it back in. If you remember its maker or where you got it from, then you can hunt it down. But don't delete your old mods folder. Just take it out. That way, you wont loose anything that might have been taken down from the net.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2020
    I deleted all my clothing cc and I'm clearing out my hair cc files to only a few of my favourites, I might even delete those eventually too. It honestly feels better to just have the already in game options available.