Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Question Thread

Comments

• VeronicaHerndonVeronicaHerndon Posts: 63 Member
    where are the community voting boards
  • VeronicaHerndonVeronicaHerndon Posts: 63 Member
    can some one help me please where are the community voting boards
  • illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    @Hearts4u No, none of the sims in the household has that trait. Nothing has changed which would indicate reduced bills other than me installing the patch/EP. It's so odd! I was indeed hoping for the same experience you had, and using power generation to reduce bills and be more eco-friendly. But now that my bills has reduced to next to nothing, there is no incentive.
  • King4510411King4510411 Posts: 2,056 Member
    Not sure if this has been yet, but how do you use the grub meal and beetle nuggets?
  • mavelymavely Posts: 11 New Member
    > @joRN1414 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > LOL, that ol' black magic? I have no clue.

From the game: "As long as the household creates more power or water than it uses, objects that use utilities will continue to work."

I didn't have enough power for the things I wanted to use, but now I do. :)
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

@illustratedhappiness sorry to hear you are having those issues; I truly hop you get it fixed soon. It is winter in my game and my Sims only has $142 and living in a $600 apartment. I thought plopsy was in this and I realized oh--that is the next pack. Trying to figure out how to make money fast without having to borrow from his parents because I don't have enough skills for Freelance Crafter gigs anymore. :#
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    So I made one of my community lots a Marketplace, but I am unable to stock one of the market stall tables and sell stuff there myself. Is this even possible, or is a Marketplace only for buying stuff from other sims?

Also how have you guys been making money by Fabricating? I'm living off the grid and I'm having trouble making enough money to buy water collectors and stuff by just making and selling candles from my inventory since they don't sell for that much.

@paperyhearts ...it will take time and you need to build up your skills. I'm about to run out of money myself; yet, it is so much fun because usually I use cheat codes and now I'm not. This pack is Awesome!
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    edited June 2020
    Has anyone else noticed their bills going down after the patch? I used to have an average of 14000§ owed, but this week (after installing the patch) it's only 800§! And I have not yet placed any power generation or anything like that. What in the world?

I also have this problem. I haven't changed anything on the lot. I pay 300. And before the patch, I was paying 25000. No way I should be paying that little. I don't like this at all. I hope they fix it soon.

With my sim in San Myshuno, she had to pay 1000 for rent and unpaid fees. That's more than my family in New Crest.

Edit: More detail
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    @Hearts4u Thank you :) It's fun to have a real challenge for a change though, it'll be much more satisfying when you make it through! Also can't wait for Plopsy, I hope it turns out to be a great feature.

@Khrisstyne It's at least reassuring to see I'm not the only one. I made a Bug Report -- here, I encourage you to "mee too" it!
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Not sure if this has been yet, but how do you use the grub meal and beetle nuggets?

@King4510411 They are cooking ingredients. Regular cooking style. You sim will need the appropriate cooking level.
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Has anyone successfully achieved full industrial footprint without using cheats ? Please share your tips. It seems impossible ...

@jimbbq I just got to neutral. I voted on this initiative and I'm assuming that is what helped it because up until that point it was at the first very dirty state and nothing was improving in Port Promise. I'm trying to get to get to the Echo Footprint-Green.

Action-Plan.jpgPort-Promise-Green.jpg
  • paperyheartspaperyhearts Posts: 10 New Member
    What traits have you guys found to be the most optimal for the Master Maker aspiration and the new Crafter branch of the Freelancer career?

I tried selecting some of the new traits, but Freegan is not good because once you complete your first work order for a client you get a debuff about being a corporate sellout lol.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    My neighbourhood 'green' ratings seem to vary with the season, so I'm guessing that some of it might be related to the season in which plants spawn and some to heating and cooling. As I didn't want to go out and meet a bunch of Sims, I cheated my way to replacing the NAPs I didn't like with those I did, and then I turned my neighbourhood community space into a gardening space. The last turned out to be the wrong thing to do, as my neighbourhood is now permanently on 'Neutral', and the community space appears to be the culprit.

Therefore, I've deduced that now I've turned the community space into a garden, my Sim will need to plant some stuff there, and maybe do a little maintenance and upgrading of the solar panels and dew collectors. I think I'll be trying that today.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • King4510411King4510411 Posts: 2,056 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

@King4510411 They are cooking ingredients. Regular cooking style. You sim will need the appropriate cooking level.

@CelSims thank you

• GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I don't know if this has been asked before, but can we lock the eco footprint, it's too easy to make it go green, i want it to stay at industrial all the time for certain places. Using cheats in every 20 minutes is tiring.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I don't know if this has been asked before, but can we lock the eco footprint, it's too easy to make it go green, i want it to stay at industrial all the time for certain places. Using cheats in every 20 minutes is tiring.

Yep go to settings and there is an option in gameplay settings to pause it.
  • stenopelixstenopelix Posts: 385 Member
    Do the Make the neighborhood greener and modernization N.A.P. depend on eco-Footprint? Both NAPs are active for several weeks but the quarry doesn´t become any greener or more modern (the apartments and a few streets across it happened, but the street with my house next to the quarry still doesn´t look that good). EcoFootptint was green, now it went to neutral.
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    talli_b wrote: »
    Bikes came with University. So if you don’t have University that probably explains why you can’t find it. I can buy it easily from building/buy, no cheats.
    CelSims wrote: »
    I am really struggling to make sense of the smog vacuum. Supposedly, you get it from submitting municipal concept blueprints. I keep submitting a slew of them (perfect quality) and all I get is some cash and work performance. Freegan sims benefit the most from cleaned up "free" stuff, but the smog vacuum is locked behind a career pathway... and freegan sims hate working. I'm really struggling with the logic of this....

My sim was level 9 of the career when she unlocked it. She can give them away as gifts and other sims can use them. They can't be taken out of the sims inventory or I would upload one to the gallery.

Edit: I just realized that you can get one from build/buy using the bb. ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement cheat

Where are you seeing it, because I went through all of build buy with cheats on?

You have to click ctrl,shift,c put testingcheatsenabled true then testingcheatson then the bb.ignoreplayunlocksentitlement :) I hope this one works for ya
  • GwennogJonesGwennogJones Posts: 79 Member
    My Sims are automatically brewing De-stressing Concoction. None of them have the herbalism skill, although they are Spellcasters (low level). But this brew never gets finished. It's also in the game as a drink in a can. Where does the De-stressing Brew come from? I went to the Tinker's house and there were a few cans of it on the floor. Why can't I see how to brew it anywhere? They brew it on the grill, so it can't be a fizzy juice. So why is it in a can?

The thing is...they never finish brewing it. It's a glitch for me or something. Anyone else getting aims automatically brewing this concoction but never being able to finish it, and not have the option to make it anywhere?
  • idkidkidkidk Posts: 75 Member
    How do you take care of the insects?? I always feed them,nurture them, but their health keeps decreasing... I really don't know what else to do??
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited June 2020
    idkidk wrote: »
    How do you take care of the insects?? I always feed them,nurture them, but their health keeps decreasing... I really don't know what else to do??

I’ve noticed it requires a ton of nurturing. If you use mods little ms Sam has a fix out for it that makes it require a lot less
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Whenever I click on a dumpster I can’t dive in it, my sons aren’t freegans but the option is never available, is there anything I can do?
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    Whenever I click on a dumpster I can’t dive in it, my sons aren’t freegans but the option is never available, is there anything I can do?

When you arrive a community lot, the dumpster is empty and can't be dived in. If you wait a sim hour or so, you will be able to dive. Children can dive, too.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I don't have the Vintage Antenna TV in my game at all. Does my Sim have to dumpster dive for it? It never even showed up when I first started to play my game yesterday. I have looked in all the buy modes, and still haven't found it.

Am I missing something?
  • smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited June 2020
    Here are some things I've discovered while playing the game:
    - You can only affect the NAP and community space in a neighborhood you live in. I have a sim in Grim's Quarry and she was able to influence the community space to become a community garden, but the other two community spaces in the other two neighborhoods are still the generic community space, and she can't influence them to become anything unless she moves there.
    - The first NAP I influenced to get passed in her neighborhood was the Self-Sufficiency one. Now we earn so much influence, just taking care of her garden (every planting, every weeding, every watering, every harvesting, every spraying for bugs, for each individual plant, earns 2 influence points), plus extras for the woodwork she's making to increase her handiness skill, plus fishing (2 influence points for each time you go fishing, not dependent on how many fish you catch).
    - If you are in the Civil Engineer career, you'll get an Electronic Drafting Tablet when you reach level 2. Using this builds logic as you draft blueprints. We're only on level 3 of the career and logic 2, so everything she drafts comes out poor quality (the blueprint appears in your personal inventory when it's done and you can hover for quality information like lots of other things). You can "Present Concept To" other sims while interacting, they'll give you feedback and you can go back onto the drafting tablet and modify the concept to increase its quality. So far, I've only gotten from poor to okay, but I suspect that as we go up in career level / logic skill level, her concepts will grow in quality. You can also only present & modify your concepts once. When you're happy with it (or just have one and the timer's ticking down on your work tasks), click on the mailbox to submit your concept to Innovative Solutions Corp. You'll hear back within a day whether their concept was accepted, so far with only poor and okay, none of them have been approved, so I'm not sure what happens yet if something is approved.
    - The new harvestable for the pack is soybeans. They're in season for summer and fall. You can collect wax from the plants year-round, but only during summer and fall can you harvest the beans. (Boy did that take me forever to learn! I was trying all sorts of things to try to get the wild soy plants around the neighborhood to let me harvest beans, but once the season hit summer, boom there they were!) You can use the wax for candles, I'm assuming you can probably use the beans for cooking? Maybe it'll cut down the cost of dishes like tofurkey?
    - Recycling is really easy. 99% of the time, I catch my sim before she washes her dishes and cancel the interaction, then put the dirty dishes into her inventory (which never seems to bother her). Nearly anything you can have in your inventory (personal *and* household!) can be put in the recycler (there's one on each of the 3 community space lots) to turn into bits & pieces. Taking trash and dishes that your sim naturally creates throughout the day and putting it in your inventory instead gives you lots of "free" bits & pieces. Plus digging around in the dumpsters on the generic community space lots gets you lots of free things you can then recycle.
    - I couldn't find a fabricator on any of the community space lots and since my sim couldn't afford one (but needed to acquire an eco fabrication part for work), I just went into modify world and added one to another neighborhood's community space, so she can just travel there and use it when she needs to make the parts (or anything else). I believe if you influence your neighborhood's community space into a maker space, you'll have one there.
    - Hovering over items in the B&B catalog gives you information about anything eco footprint, along where you get the other information for objects, such as comfort level or reliability. Some items note that they're a bill reduction item.
    - I am assuming that, like comfort (for example) ratings go from 0-10 with 10 being best, power / water consumption ratings work the same way, with 10 being best (uses the least power / water) and lower numbers using more.

And now, I also have a question:
    - My sim's neighborhood's eco footprint is currently green, but every time I hover over it, it shows the arrow pointing toward industrial, and it often goes back down into neutral. I've gone into the other residences in the neighborhood and made sure they had at least some eco green items in them, and we've passed the Green Initiatives in Grim's Quarry NAP, and yet the eco footprint still wants to trend toward neutral. I don't know how to get it to go up and stay up!