Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco footprint rotating

Hi. I got the "green eco footprint" but it is rotating each 2 days back to "neutral", 2 days, "green", 2 days, "neutral". Do you know why? Is this a bug?

Comments

• Options
    stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    Mine is doing the same. Assuming it is my neighbours at fault as my house has grass and solar panels and a wind turbine and all the stuff has been upgraded.

Away to go and irritate them all.
    :D
  • Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    Thank you! I thought I was doing something wrong.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Mine is also going the same and it’s kind of annoying. I just want it to stay green.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    How do I get the other towns into something other than neutral?
  • Options
    I thought it would stay green if I didn't do anything industrial.

I even visited the Tinkers and gave them a dew collector, solar roof and a wind turbine but still not sticking in green.

:/
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    stewby wrote: »
    I thought it would stay green if I didn't do anything industrial.

I even visited the Tinkers and gave them a dew collector, solar roof and a wind turbine but still not sticking in green.

:/

In the description of those items, some of the items are green, and others are industrial. You will need to add only those that add a green footprint.
  • Options
    rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    This is a bug, which I and several others have reported under different names/assumptions about what's going wrong. The game goes insistently toward neutral no matter what you do and is stuck on neutral if it started that way. Please go click "Me too" on the relevant bug reports on the EA forums.
  • Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    There is a way to make all the Neighborhoods "Green" if you don't mind using a cheat from Carl's Sims 4 Guides website.

Enter any Sims lot in Live Mode and put the game on Pause.

Bring up the Cheat Window and type in: TestingCheats On

Bring up the Cheat Window again and type in: Eco_Footprint.Set_Eco_Footprint_State 0 (Type in a Zero and not a Capital O)

It's supposed to keep the neighborhood permanently Green from then on. I don't know yet if it does as I'm just now playing the game after typing this cheat in to keep all my neighborhoods GREEN and thriving. :D
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    ElDimentioElDimentio Posts: 38 Member
    This is a bug, which I and several others have reported under different names/assumptions about what's going wrong. The game goes insistently toward neutral no matter what you do and is stuck on neutral if it started that way. Please go click "Me too" on the relevant bug reports on the EA forums.

Can you share a link to this? I'm having the same issue even though all 5 lots in the neighborhood have a green footprint.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    ElDimentio wrote: »

Can you share a link to this? I'm having the same issue even though all 5 lots in the neighborhood have a green footprint.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/ecolifestyle/cheats.php
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited June 2020
    Port Promise changed from Industrial to Neutral without any of my Sims even living there. I sent one to recycle a few items from her inventory and next time I visited the smog had gone and the footprint had improved on its own. Hopefully it's a bug because I don't like the idea of that happening without any player interaction - although I realise this what the pause setting may be for.
  • Options
    Erm... I can't find the bug section to say "me too". Is it on the forum??
  • Options
    rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,671 Member
    I've not yet had much change in Eco footprint, but I notice that I need to send a sim to each community lot for the game to take notice of that lot's footprint. When pack was installed, most community lots were neutral, but after just spending a couple hours there the lot's features might change that footprint. I believe it also depends on season and weather etc. Few played lots means that changes on one single lot will have great impact on the hood's total footprint.

So, my thought is that the fewer lots you actually used, the fewer lots the game will calculate the footprint from (it's not enough going there in build mode to add eco stuff). If the game can gather exact info from all your lots (all lots were played for a minimum hours), I assume the footprint will be less changing as the base of info will be more stabile, and changes on one single lot will get less impact.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg