Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken Fabricator Noise Will Not Go Away

My Sim had a Fabricator in his home and when it broke, it started to buzz and make static noises, so he repaired it. But the sound has persisted and it will not go away. I have tried to troubleshoot to fix it but no matter what, the sound remains—it appears permanently bound to the room. I have tried:
  • Deleting the fabricator. The noise is there even with it deleted.
  • Moving the fabricator. The noise stays in the room and not the fabricator.
  • Cheating to debug the fabricator. The noise is still there.
  • Quit & restarting. The noise is still there.
  • Uploading lot and/or to gallery and replacing the lot and/or room. The noise is still there.
  • Creating a new save and downloading the lot from the gallery. The noise is still there even in a new save.

It really appears to be bound to the room, permanently.

I spent literally my entire day building the house so to then see this bug with an EXTREMELY LOUD and EXTREMELY IRRITATING buzzing that can be heard now throughout the whole house....it's absolutely devastating.

For me, this is a game-ruining bug. My joy is completely crushed because I spent so long building this house and was so looking forward to it and it's RUINED forever. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Comments

• kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    This happened to me too, I ended up starting a new save and not bying the fabricator to put in my house ( for now ) Not a good solution, but the sound was to annoying
  • DoubleSJosseDoubleSJosse Posts: 44 Member
    Same thing have happened to me aswell. But the noise have fixed it self temporality when I have saved, exit and then restarted the game.
  • mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    I've got this bug too.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    i noticed it too in my game.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Elfgirl2Elfgirl2 Posts: 1 New Member
    I updated my game today and now I have this problem. I didn't before or didn't notice it because my sims didn't have their own fabricator. I deleted the fabricator and even wiped the lot and still the noise continued. I moved lots an got a new fabricator and it happened again. Please help
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Elfgirl2 wrote: »
    I updated my game today and now I have this problem. I didn't before or didn't notice it because my sims didn't have their own fabricator. I deleted the fabricator and even wiped the lot and still the noise continued. I moved lots an got a new fabricator and it happened again. Please help

I never had this (did not use the machine very much yet, though), but check the latest patch notes, I'm pretty sure this bug was mentioned there.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • GwastenMicaGwastenMica Posts: 76 Member
    Wasn't this on the list of things just patched this week?
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Elfgirl2 wrote: »

As the previous 2 simmers mentioned there was a patch on July 8 that fixed this. Have you downloaded it yet? I only ask because it took almost everyone by surprise and if you don’t have automatic game updates enabled in Origin you may not have known to patch manually.