Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Problems

• Cannot click eco footprint icon, clock, weather, or date
  • Cannot upgrade objects with eco-upgrade-parts
  • Fabricator breaks, but repair doesn't stop the high pitched noises
  • Items disappear at random
  • When seed packets appear on lot, from Gnomes, item is listed as not owned
  • Click on play household, sends player to CAS, not household (couple of tries to get into households)
  • Plants do not grow when calendar is broken
  • Sims cannot gather water, even when they are at 0 units of water
  • Found dumpster items cannot be cleaned or sold

Game Version 1.63.134.1020, no mods/no cc, All official content loaded including EL. Repaired game, deleted hard coded cachefolder-except localcontent, deleted personal files-except saves, and tray). Erratic errors continue.

Comments

• Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    I've got many of the problems you have and:
    - "get leftovers" sometimes makes my sim just carry the food to the table and not eat it.
    - you cannot use the sell tables on the market, you have to carry your own.
    - eco footprint resets back to neutral in one day.
    - basil bush shows as a seed not a bush when it's not harvestable yet.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Best thing to do is file a Bug report then reinstall the game. Since you no Mods a clean start might help. Goodluck.
  • Options
    kayayuukayayuu Posts: 3 New Member
    Not sure if it's a glitch or not, my sim couldn't upgrade with eco upgrade parts either, I eventually realized her Fabricate skill level wasn't high enough
  • Options
    yagwityagwit Posts: 118 Member
    kayayuu wrote: »
    Not sure if it's a glitch or not, my sim couldn't upgrade with eco upgrade parts either, I eventually realized her Fabricate skill level wasn't high enough

I thought maybe that was the issue. I tried a test spot with a maxed all skills sim (manually typing ugh), and upgrade parts from build/buy menu. My whole save went corrupt. I'm trying again. My work around right now is to use Fab machine only on community maker space. The other things on my list are ongoing. If you all have any workarounds, please let the community know! <3
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    About the items disappearing, my sim dug out coconuts and a pineapple from the dumpster in port promise, they stayed in the inventory until she stepped onto her lot and they just vanished from her inventory. I was going to plant them too.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    kayayuukayayuu Posts: 3 New Member
    I have no workarounds, but so many glitches, unfortunately!
  • Options
    pallies1pallies1 Posts: 326 Member
    - Can't edit balcony on Pinecrest 404 apartment (even though game changers showed that you can)
    - Can't edit community spaces in other neighbourhoods than the one my sim lives in.
    - Neighbours and friends just steppes right into the apartment in the middle of the night, my sim hasnt invited them or anything.
    - Vampires just show up outside my door even though I've put the "not allow vampires function" on the door
    - Glitches when my sims go somewhere, they just disapear and comes back again
    - The dog just disapear and leaves and somehow is in other locations than my sim

Can't remeber it all right now but soooo many glitches and bugs since the last update and EP.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    [img][/img]ECOPARTSHELP.jpg
    ECO PARTS cannot be used. These came from fabricator (hope pic shows).
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Hmmmm I can upgrade with eco parts pretty easily. What I’ve learned is when it says one eco part is needed it means one more. So if you have three and it says you need one build one more and it should be able to upgrade. That is beyond not clear in the game but I figured this out through playing. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Hmmmm I can upgrade with eco parts pretty easily. What I’ve learned is when it says one eco part is needed it means one more. So if you have three and it says you need one build one more and it should be able to upgrade. That is beyond not clear in the game but I figured this out through playing. Hope this helps.

You're correct. When you need parts it shows only the one you need. When you have all the parts it shows the exact quantity required. Thank you.

• Options
    Best thing to do is file a Bug report then reinstall the game. Since you no Mods a clean start might help. Goodluck.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ECO-Lifestyle-CRASH-BUG-REPORT/m-p/9189612#M136948

I'm not entirely sure if my report is in the correct area. Thank you though. <3
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    edited June 2020
    pallies1 wrote: »
    - Can't edit balcony on Pinecrest 404 apartment (even though game changers showed that you can)
    - Neighbours and friends just steppes right into the apartment in the middle of the night, my sim hasnt invited them or anything.
    - The dog just disapear and leaves and somehow is in other locations than my sim

Can't remeber it all right now but soooo many glitches and bugs since the last update and EP.

These three things happening to me too. Random strangers walking into the house bothers me more than anything. It shouldn't happen.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    There are a lot of bugs, that's for sure. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for a patch.

Cannot click eco footprint icon, clock, weather, or date- I had this problem briefly. Not sure what fixed it.

Items disappear at random-If you mean the items on the lot, that's from sims with the recycler trait or Sharing is Caring NAP.

Plants do not grow when calendar is broken- The calendar breaks?

Sims cannot gather water, even when they are at 0 units of water-Luckily, I haven't had this problem. Not all bodies of water are gatherable, though.
  • Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Cannot click eco footprint icon, clock, weather, or date- I had this problem briefly. Not sure what fixed it.
    This!
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Outdoor trash cans fill to overflowing with no way to empty them.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    - Sims randomly disappear and then reappear.
    - At around 3 AM on fast speed the clock will get stuck.
    - Sims will not sit on couch to watch movies.
    - Movies seem to just play forever now.
    - Restaurant menus do not appear when editing a restaurant. Can no longer edit the menu.
    - Community Garden plants don't mature (or become harvestable) unless you basically live on the lot.
    - Fizzy Juicer randomly gets stuck fizzing sometimes so that it is permanently unusable.
    - Outdoor trashcans overflow and can't be emptied.
    - Certain outdoor trashcans that get knocked over cannot be picked up.

I'm sure I experienced a few other bugs over the weekend...but these are the ones I can remember right now.
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    I downloaded and installed this Expansion and it more or less destroyed my game. Saves take up to 4-5 minutes to load, from individual households to just loading into the game. Can no longer bulldoze lots...I am extremely disappointed with the oh so many many bugs this update and pack has supposedly introduced to the game. I am strongly considering not buying any more sims 4 packs after this.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @vancanuckfan86
    I haven't even tried Dine Out, yikes!
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    @yagwit - The restaurants still seem to be functioning fine when you are playing with them - it is only the editing of the menus (or just viewing them) that seems to be a problem in my game. I just get a white box with nothing in it when I go to view and edit the menu.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Anyone else having issues with invites? I’ll be invited to another sims home or something and I’ll click yes and nothing happens.
  • Options
    Steelman78PSteelman78P Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi. I can no longer use any of my computers. If I click on a computer my game pauses and will not resume live play, it stays paused!
  • Options
    YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    Steelman, I am getting the same thing with the computers. I am on Xbox One, and it even kicks me out to the Xbox Home screen after a while. Once it cleared up briefly until a Sim used a computer then it happened again when they used it again.
  • Options
    Anyone else having issues with invites? I’ll be invited to another sims home or something and I’ll click yes and nothing happens.

I can't invite more than one sim. Normally, and for as long as I can remember, the limit is set at either 7 or 8
  • Options
    thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    Neither the fabrication skill nor the juice fizzing skill count towards the Skill Improvement on the New Skill Day holiday (Seasons).
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    yagwit wrote: »

I can't invite more than one sim. Normally, and for as long as I can remember, the limit is set at either 7 or 8

Same with forming groups using the 'Action' interaction. It's supposed to let you choose multiple sims, now I can only choose one at a time.