Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Green initiative fines

So Green initiative won the vote and ever since then i have had an inspector in a green construction hat come to my house and tell me i am not in compliance because i don't have a garden. The thing is i have a huge garden in the back yard. Has anyone else had this problem or am i doing something wrong?

Comments

• Options
    AKAnchor13AKAnchor13 Posts: 32 Member
    I am having this same issue in Grims Quarry....I never had a single problem in the off the grid home in Port Promise though.
  • Options
    pageybearpageybear Posts: 180 Member
    Are all your plants in planters? i am going to try planting them directly in the ground to see if that is what is causing it.
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    My Sim is in an apartment that doesn't allow placing plants or planters outside. I am growing things inside, but I don't know if that counts.
  • Options
    avalanchepatrolavalanchepatrol Posts: 2 New Member
    You need to talk to the inspector when they come, and brag to them about all the things you have that fulfill the initiative. I kept getting fined because I was never on my lot when they appeared, but I finally caught one and it looks like that's what you have to do. They don't notice the planters and stuff on their own
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    So far the inspector came twice while my sim was away from their home lot, so far I just keep getting fined!
  • Options
    pageybearpageybear Posts: 180 Member
    Oooh thanks Avalanche. I am gonna try that. Still kinda silly they miss my giant garden that takes up the whole back yard LOL :)
  • Options
    avalanchepatrolavalanchepatrol Posts: 2 New Member
    Yeah, I don't know if that was intended or not, it seems really weird. I'm doing a rags to riches so I had a garden from day one and couldn't figure out why they never noticed it. There's also an option to bribe the inspector, but I haven't tried that yet so I don't know if it relies on mischief or charisma or relationship to work.
  • Options
    wntrdovewntrdove Posts: 1 New Member
    Okay. Now I'm really baffled. The inspector finally returned (thankfully I think today's update fixed the face that fines were being deducted on a daily basis). I bragged about my planters. I bragged about my vertical gardens. He left and it says I'm still out of compliance. I even have a garden planted directly in the ground. What gives.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I think it’s a bug or something, I’ve had the same issue with the eco appliances one. I keep getting fined, but all the appliances on the lot have been fully upgraded with eco parts.
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    I'm having the same issue. My sims live in Oasis springs, and there is a garden in their yard that is unrecognizable by the inspector.
  • Options
    wolffriendinuswolffriendinus Posts: 94 Member
    Hopefully you guys see this, you need to have either a bug box or bee box on your lot as well as the garden. Once you get one of those you'll stop getting fined.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I have had an inspector come and stand at the front door for several hours (it was locked) and then left, stating I was in compliance. I do not think they truly have to "see" anything or be spoken with, because I sure did not.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    edited August 2020
    I kept getting fined over the garden one until I put a bee and bug box on my lot, now I am always in compliance.
  • Options
    shokoroseshokorose Posts: 66 Member
    I’m having this problem too. I can’t figure out how to do this green gardening thing. And I absolutely refuse to have one of those nasty bug huts. They require WAY to much nurturing and insects gross me out to begin with.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited October 2020
    shokorose wrote: »
    I’m having this problem too. I can’t figure out how to do this green gardening thing. And I absolutely refuse to have one of those nasty bug huts. They require WAY to much nurturing and insects gross me out to begin with.

Apparently there are a few things the inspectors specifically can get picky about:

Green Garden: Get a bug farm OR a bee hive and you will always pass, even if you don't have any plants whatsoever. Bug farms can be put inside apartments, btw.

Eco-Friendly appliances: Have at least two upgrades on one appliance, most useful is a sink with water siphoning AND water recycler. The siphon won't do anything, but it has to be there for the inspector to be happy.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member

You don't have to populate the box with crawlies. Just own one (source: my current legacy family always passes just for having the bug hotel and has never bothered with actually raising insects).
  • Options
    shokoroseshokorose Posts: 66 Member

You don't have to populate the box with crawlies. Just own one (source: my current legacy family always passes just for having the bug hotel and has never bothered with actually raising insects).

Excellent! Thank you for this tip