Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle - Our screenshot sharing space

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2020
    Phew my sim campaigned for three days straight but we finally collected enough signatures to repeal that darn free love! I mean they were hitting on her as she was trying to collect signatures 😂 I can't have her raise children in a town diving into every available dumpster they can find!

Also someone else had been campaigning to repeal the foodies thing but I don't know who. Which is cool? Can other townies do this too?
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Stuck in CAS, but had to come up for air to say ... this dress .. is so beautiful and looks so good with the gladiator sandals (from the Spooky Stuff Pack) that I could not wait any longer to share it. Also, skirt-pants turned out alright! :)

zQfVacm.jpg
    Wow, what a beautiful sim, did you create her, all of mine are ugly in comparison, I wish I could have some good looking sims!!!!

Yes, both are Sims I created, but I assume you mean Janessa in the dress. She's actually one of my "oldies", I made her way back in 2016 but I still like to get her from the library once in a while when I am putting outfits together. Thank you, I am glad you like her. :)
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    So I decided Eco was the one I wanted for a grittier kind of storytelling, and I knew just who to drop into the game as a homeless teen: Tempest Piper Rich, named in part for her late great uncle Rowdy Roddy Piper, and one of several daughters of notorious Oracle Norman Rich.

So she looks like she's in her element,

y5RYWV7.png

But she needs a way to sleep for the night, because I had to buy a lot and then bulldoze it and then zero out her money, to make her a proper homeless teen.

HYVm86A.png

So at first opportunity, since she can't snag the old mattress off the street, she goes dumpster diving,

w74yqo6.png

And pulls out a nasty old bed, and some food, and

FRlaciU.png

that
    funky pink/girlie designed ride. Not her style but it was free, and it rolls.

But dumpsters are suddenly the hottest spot in town for rich couples looking to slum:

c3wJZpL.png

So she has to wait around, and even then, when she finally gets her turn,

uVW71tj.png

Apparently the Bjergsens just find the stench of rot and the crawling of roaches too romantic to resist! It takes all types...

She heads to The Caboose for free bar chips and a bathroom, and someone noticed her...another teen, Jeb Harris. He blows a kiss through his bag and gets her attention...

67dGyIE.png

And they apparently liked each other...look at them Social-Distance kissing!

CrmloWL.png

He also keeps the bag on during...intimacy but I can't show that.

Still, she can't afford shelter from the rain and got caught in a thunderstorm on her mostly-empty lot:

wo8pdfG.png

N4euOpC.png

"That kinda TINGLES!"

Hoped it would happen again, but it didn't.

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Where Father Winter really gets your gifts. Someone must have been very bad this year...

49975102416_5f89df95f2_o.png

Watching sims like the Landgrabs and Fengs dumpster diving looks weird enough. Now Father Winter is eating tentacles.

49974579823_9d3ed91c05_o.png
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,774 Member
    R1asB2C.png
    Johnny , you better vote for the same what she is voting for, or I'll kick your skinny .. "thing-at-the-lower-back-side-of-body".. of yours!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2020
    Where Father Winter really gets your gifts. Someone must have been very bad this year...

49975102416_5f89df95f2_o.png

Watching sims like the Landgrabs and Fengs dumpster diving looks weird enough. Now Father Winter is eating tentacles.

49974579823_9d3ed91c05_o.png

What? All my sims ever get from the dumpster is old suspicious-looking pizza 😂
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Dumpster woohoo, although gross, is actually a fun animation.

LHwuBhB.jpg

Knox, please STOP doing push ups in trash...it looks so wrong... :lol:
    nb41jV1.jpg

Knox inspecting Elliott's garbage. :neutral:
    3ds88d7.jpg

Oh get off the floor, you idiot :lol: ...it's a N.A.P for fitness. Knox is just being a good citizen, I guess. :lol:
    kZCWMDv.jpg
    giphy.gif
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    No game-play yet. I am still playing around with converting my pre-pack builds.
    06_05_20_7_33_07_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Lots of natural light for this one.
    06_05_20_8_13_42_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Nice detail on the wind turbine.
    06_05_20_8_04_57_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

06_05_20_7_59_11_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

06_05_20_7_59_02_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Now for the upgraded version.
    06_05_20_8_23_41_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Pile on more shipping containers.
    06_05_20_8_25_44_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The exterior is... meh.
    06_05_20_11_30_45_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

But the interior is kind of homey.
    It's set up for Fizzy juice making.
    06_05_20_11_31_03_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

06_05_20_11_31_12_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I am ready to start playing my sims, but I will probably start building community spaces for the other worlds.
    06_05_20_11_36_38_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I love this pack. I have so many ideas of how to incorporate this into gameplay. I moved Renfield (the one based on Dracula... but he'll be some different) to a lot called Canal Corner.. perfect size for me! He's surrounded by insects, bees, birds and rats (from first pet) and even frogs. I love it when I really, really feel like my character has enough for me to bring them to life. I see him as a burn-out from trying to keep up with the corporate rat race when he moves there.
    I have noticed Vampires are visiting more often and with the new door option I'm loving it. I've decided that finally I can start playing with vampires probably because I can choose too. So thank you so much for making that choice possible Devs!
    Renfield gardens.. really loving the vertical gardens they fit along the wall well giving me more room for sheltered plants. He loves all his "pets" of course, fixing things up and making fizzy juice so far as well as some tasty bug dishes... oh and Vlad has claimed him!
    rzBxP6A.png
    kDrFRD5.png
    xAsZWLN.png
    Enjoying lots of stuff from this pack so far he's influenced the vote toward self-sufficiency in his neighborhood. I feel like I can test out most of the new skills with him and keep him in character too. He's recycling and grabbing that compost. I have a lot to learn though but enjoying working the eco pack it into his life. Candle making next!
    egTcBMc.png
  • VeaumVeaum Posts: 179 Member

I started the rag to riches challenge with Eco Lifestyle. Thought it was the best time to try the challenge since there's so many cool ways to make money (making candles, rugs, fizzy juice etc.)

Started from the bottom:

vjRNTTK.png

And verrrrry slowly climbing our way to the top. I mean, she has a shipping container as a house so I see that as a win?

THIKtC0.png
    Intel core i7 7700K
    16GB Kingston hyper X fury
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    MSI Z270-A PRO
    1TB HD
    480GB SSD
  • DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    My sim Cassandra Sabini doing some dumpster diving in search of items to recycle!
    r7rG4gc.png
    ij3qy4e.png
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Highlight of one of my sessions hahaha :D
    cIP9sJ0.png
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    My sim decided when you have no friends you pull out a wad of money and talk on it. :D
    06-05-20_7-00-24_PM.png?width=1120&height=630
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    OMG look how adorable these toddler outfits are.

xwfU6z8.png?2

72VR8L8.png?1
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • MionaxMionax Posts: 287 Member
    Fabricator failure
    06-05-20_9-29-20_PM.png
    Origin ID:Mionax
    Origin #: madebymionax
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    @CK213 love your container homes! I've been doing the opposite - making my community spaces first, then I need to go in and edit old builds.

This is my community space in Brindleton Bay, I had so much fun trashing it all up!
    06-05-20_8-44-34%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

I just wish there were more trash pile types, as when you start using them everywhere it gets a little repetitive. We could have done with a few bits of trashed furniture on their own so that we could make different combinations. Would have loved an old trashed toilet!

• PeppermixPeppermix Posts: 231 Member
    edited June 2020
    Save water, shower together! ;) Knox and Miko Ojo get along quite well..

lBE39XR.png

Seriously.. Port Promise I love you! Evergreen Harbor is so beautiful once the trash has been cleaned up.

kdkdqVj.png

Miko Ojo and her vertical garden in her sustainable and modern atrium house.

Qig3kQS.png
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    I don't think the sheep will be very happy with all this pollution everywhere :(:naughty:

qOWWAvs.png
    Created Diya, my maker sim today :blush: I love female CAS! I am loving the boyish looks.

Screenshot-2020-06-06-at-15-01-07.png
    Screenshot-2020-06-06-at-15-00-08.png
    giphy.gif
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

My poor teen starting out with 0 on an empty lot. Stinky and tense. At least the community lot provides lots of food for a vampire...

vewl6m4.png

He has the evil trait. Time to try to mess up the neighbourhood.
  • Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    49974106077_9cc06e85c4_c.jpg
    Vera Lothario's try to make their home more eco friendly.

49974106077_9cc06e85c4_c.jpg
    Caleb use the new dumpster for the first time. Wish this came in a smaller version for small lots.

49973845796_d0d5cd8f63_c.jpg
    Elina's reaction after voting for a nap. Maybe she disliked that sims get bad reputation from voting for naps.
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
    edited June 2020
    The community garden was voted in and it was nice to see sims interacting with the space.

Elliott (who I was not playing at the time) went around photographing plants and taking notes. I don't know if this is a community garden interaction or it was because he's a conservationist.
    unYZ4xa.jpg

Kids messing up the garden but nobody cared :lol:
    k4fUXYL.jpg

I added a bee box in the garden to help pollinate the plants :smiley:
    NaYayKC.jpg

Judith Ward even dropped by with her ensemble of paparazzi.
    oOFR0do.jpg

I love the community spaces. They bring the community to life.

Post edited by ParmaViolet87 on
    giphy.gif
  • GwennogJonesGwennogJones Posts: 79 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Has there been lighting/graphical improvements to the game? I'm playing in the new town and everything looks...SHARP. Almost as if they removed the blue hue tint from the game.

I've noticed the same thing too. The light in my houses seems brighter and more crisp. Love it!
  • ripentogetherripentogether Posts: 87 Member
    This pack came out just as Maaike finally made enough money to move to San Myshuno, so it's perfect timing to give Ulrike her own studio space. The build/buy stuff is great.
    24ZCpwB.png

zMFxXPA.png

And some of the CAS fits her well IMO. I was cycling through a premade rotational save in the leadup to Eco Lifestyle and decided that Ulrike would be my test run even though I want to keep her in the cottage instead of Evergreen. She's now working on candlemaking and repairing dumpster objects in addition to her painter career. Really enjoying this!