Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grim Reaper career?

SimonDarkensSimonDarkens Posts: 43 Member
edited April 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi everyone since this is the ideas corner I wanted to post my idea. I would love to see a Grim Reaper career for the sims 4. It would be fun to experiment with the undead sims. With the Grim Reaper career we should be able bring back dead Sims, challenge ordinary sims, answer their pleas, play chess with the sims. Or we could catch sims who are trying to become immortal (vampires, zombies, revenants) What do you think?
B)

I will be back.

Comments

• Graycat2000Graycat2000 Posts: 304 Member
    You could have special abilities like "Strike Fear in the hearts of mortals" or evil reapers could "Revel in Sims grief"
    Would you get paid per reaping or a standard wage per day?
    You could also accept hefty bribes off Sims who wanted to live longer...
  • ZandalarZandalar Posts: 88 Member
    OMG!! Please make this a thing!!!
    421342.gif
  • Graycat2000Graycat2000 Posts: 304 Member
    Imagine the Reapers office...it could be a stone fortress surrounded by a misty lake only accessible by a creaky boat :D
  • SimonDarkensSimonDarkens Posts: 43 Member
    After seeing the "reaper of souls" career, when I befriended the Grim Reaper I was over-hyped. Then I realized that it was simply a npc career, I was so crushed. Then I got over-hyped for a second time when I learned the hidden reaping skill, then got crushed yet again when I learned that it was useless. I wonder if they ever intended a Grim Reaper life-state. Because when I moved him in, I realized that he only needed fun and social. That combined with the reaping skill, and the hidden "reaper of souls" career, kind of proves that they planned more for the Grim Reaper.

They gave us Grim's Ghastly manor in the past so I am hopeful that we will see more from the Grim Reaper. It could be fun to see the living or the working quarters of the Grim Reaper. He could see the lifespan of all the sims, when the mouse is hovered upon them, or add longevity to the Sims lives when bribed like you mentioned. There are countless possibilities.
    Back in the original Sims, The Grim Reaper had the small halloween easter egg. If the household had Jack O lantern The Grim Reaper would ring the doorbell and run. It was so scary and fun.

Come to think of it we had plenty of interaction with the grim reaper.
    In the Sims 2 university, we had the opportunity to call the Grim Reaper and resurrect the dead ones. That could also come back in a different form. It could be like the Sims 3 opportunities. But first we need the graveyards back. ( funerals are also needed) Grim reaper could locate the lost soul somewhere around the map, capture it similar to the ghost hunting profession from the ambitions, then bring the body and the soul together to revive the Sim.

Summoning the Grim Reaper to the lot, without a Sim dying would also be fun. They could bring back the grim reaper phone, or create an all new magical item to summon the Grim Reaper to socialize with him. Using this special item we could join the Soul Reaper career.

Grim Reaper's could be immune to all types of death except old age. When their time comes, they could simply turn to dust, leaving their scythe behind.
    B)

I will be back.
  • midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    This! THIS right here!
  • SimsdxSimsdx Posts: 210 Member
    I think it would be cool but it probably won't happen. There is only supposed to be one grim reaper, working as a Grim reaper would mean other Sims in the neighbor may also work as Grim reaper and it would honestly be a mess. There's only supposed to be one Grim reaper, so what I think would be cool is if Ghosts could work for Grim reaper, they could have missions to spy on others, maybe posses them or haunt them? I don't know, something new and fun I guess :)
  • Mazzy_elfMazzy_elf Posts: 55 Member
    I need this in my life.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    yes, Grim Reaper career :grin:

i don't care for any reasonable explanation why there can't be more than one Grim Reaper or what difficulties it would bring with it & how hard it would be to make for the devs

Grim Reaper's Path of Death please !
    that GP could come with a graveyard finally
    or an entire EP around Gothic stuff ...

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • ZsoltyZsolty Posts: 10 New Member
    yes pleaaaaaaaseeeeeeeee
  • HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    I love this Idea:) If they had this option for a career, wouldn't it be funny if you could challenge the Grim Reaper to take his spot, Like maybe after you study so much, and maybe acquire certain skills. Or maybe he could train you, and he could pass down the torch, and go to grim reaper retirement lol.
  • SkyeFallSkyeFall Posts: 55 Member
    could they bring back bonehilda as his wife or daughter
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I want this
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • AkiraTheAngelAkiraTheAngel Posts: 30 Member
    After seeing the "reaper of souls" career, when I befriended the Grim Reaper I was over-hyped. Then I realized that it was simply a npc career, I was so crushed. Then I got over-hyped for a second time when I learned the hidden reaping skill, then got crushed yet again when I learned that it was useless. I wonder if they ever intended a Grim Reaper life-state. Because when I moved him in, I realized that he only needed fun and social. That combined with the reaping skill, and the hidden "reaper of souls" career, kind of proves that they planned more for the Grim Reaper.

They gave us Grim's Ghastly manor in the past so I am hopeful that we will see more from the Grim Reaper. It could be fun to see the living or the working quarters of the Grim Reaper. He could see the lifespan of all the sims, when the mouse is hovered upon them, or add longevity to the Sims lives when bribed like you mentioned. There are countless possibilities.
    Back in the original Sims, The Grim Reaper had the small halloween easter egg. If the household had Jack O lantern The Grim Reaper would ring the doorbell and run. It was so scary and fun.

Come to think of it we had plenty of interaction with the grim reaper.
    In the Sims 2 university, we had the opportunity to call the Grim Reaper and resurrect the dead ones. That could also come back in a different form. It could be like the Sims 3 opportunities. But first we need the graveyards back. ( funerals are also needed) Grim reaper could locate the lost soul somewhere around the map, capture it similar to the ghost hunting profession from the ambitions, then bring the body and the soul together to revive the Sim.

Summoning the Grim Reaper to the lot, without a Sim dying would also be fun. They could bring back the grim reaper phone, or create an all new magical item to summon the Grim Reaper to socialize with him. Using this special item we could join the Soul Reaper career.

Grim Reaper's could be immune to all types of death except old age. When their time comes, they could simply turn to dust, leaving their scythe behind.

On that last paragraph I had to ask- Have you watched Death Note??
  • MaanedatterMaanedatter Posts: 32 Member
    Yes please!
  • KishiNova12KishiNova12 Posts: 100 Member
    this would be nice as part of a type of deity stuff pack could you imagine if sims took the jobs of deities and kept other sims in line they could do things like punish someone with bad luck and getting promoted can give them more power such as turning into a cat(If a pets pack is added),or maybe making sims fall in love,
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    This would be awesome! Even more so if you could have it be a stay at home career!

Imagine your sim getting a phone call to go over to someone's house and reap their soul :D
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I think this is a great idea. It should work like GTW's careers. I also don't see how there could only be one Grim Reaper. With how many Sims die a day if you turn aging on and how slow it takes him to actually reap someone, he's going to need some help. He could be your boss up until you max out the career.
    All in all, I do want SOMETHING that brings more substance to the Grim Reaper. One of the more interesting and mysterious characters.
    > @SimonDarkens said:
    > After seeing the "reaper of souls" career, when I befriended the Grim Reaper I was over-hyped. Then I realized that it was simply a npc career, I was so crushed. Then I got over-hyped for a second time when I learned the hidden reaping skill, then got crushed yet again when I learned that it was useless. I wonder if they ever intended a Grim Reaper life-state. Because when I moved him in, I realized that he only needed fun and social. That combined with the reaping skill, and the hidden "reaper of souls" career, kind of proves that they planned more for the Grim Reaper.
    >
    > They gave us Grim's Ghastly manor in the past so I am hopeful that we will see more from the Grim Reaper. It could be fun to see the living or the working quarters of the Grim Reaper. He could see the lifespan of all the sims, when the mouse is hovered upon them, or add longevity to the Sims lives when bribed like you mentioned. There are countless possibilities.
    > Back in the original Sims, The Grim Reaper had the small halloween easter egg. If the household had Jack O lantern The Grim Reaper would ring the doorbell and run. It was so scary and fun.
    >
    > Come to think of it we had plenty of interaction with the grim reaper.
    > In the Sims 2 university, we had the opportunity to call the Grim Reaper and resurrect the dead ones. That could also come back in a different form. It could be like the Sims 3 opportunities. But first we need the graveyards back. ( funerals are also needed) Grim reaper could locate the lost soul somewhere around the map, capture it similar to the ghost hunting profession from the ambitions, then bring the body and the soul together to revive the Sim.
    >
    > Summoning the Grim Reaper to the lot, without a Sim dying would also be fun. They could bring back the grim reaper phone, or create an all new magical item to summon the Grim Reaper to socialize with him. Using this special item we could join the Soul Reaper career.
    >
    > Grim Reaper's could be immune to all types of death except old age. When their time comes, they could simply turn to dust, leaving their scythe behind.

Your ideas are interesting, but the last one makes no sense. Why would Death die?
  • kxssxdxykxssxdxy Posts: 4 New Member
    This would be AWESOME!! I think it'd be really cool if your sim could be an apprentice of the Grim Reaper!!
  • cjosecjose Posts: 265 Member
    This would be so cool! I would love to see it in game!
  • Kuma_frumaKuma_fruma Posts: 46 Member
    That would be a fun career to play, I would love this!
  • GavenGaven Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Simsdx said:
    > I think it would be cool but it probably won't happen. There is only supposed to be one grim reaper, working as a Grim reaper would mean other Sims in the neighbor may also work as Grim reaper and it would honestly be a mess. There's only supposed to be one Grim reaper, so what I think would be cool is if Ghosts could work for Grim reaper, they could have missions to spy on others, maybe posses them or haunt them? I don't know, something new and fun I guess :)

Well, There already is multiple grim reapers in the game. (Sorry for the necro)