Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ECO - Candle making

2...Next

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I got bits and pieces from my own trash can. There needs to be something in and then your sim can rummage for bits and pieces. Just keep doing it until you get some. I was doing fine until one day my sim's dad visited him and took out the trash. Now there's nothing for him to rummage. He is a vampire so there's no food waste going in unless I purposefully make some food to spoil.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Did anyone successfully combine Community Space lot with Retail? I tried, but failed. I have another lot that is a Café lot, but where I still can buy whatever was set for sale back when the lot was Retail. Was hoping to have some retail in the Community Space lot, in addition to the sales tables.

Also - how do the sales tables work on the Community Space market place? Will a sim need to bring his own table, or is it possible to line them up in advance, and then random sims will sell something + if I bring sim who wants to sell, he can simply tend a table? In the past it did not work so well using existing tables (they worked but kinda limited functionality).
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I have another lot that is a Café lot, but where I still can buy whatever was set for sale back when the lot was Retail.

I need to try this in my game. Thank you for the tip. :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Does anyone know if the cloning machine or the copypasto spell works to duplicate candles or ingredients?
  • l0keyrosel0keyrose Posts: 71 Member
    I never made candels so I recommend looking on yt or something?
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Does anyone know whether the dyes, or the bits and pieces, etc., can be sold at the table? Or in retail lots?

I have some pre-existing sims that I can see being into candlemaking, but aren't really the dumpster diving type. However, I have another one I've been saving for this pack, and I was thinking about having her open a secondhand shop/craft shop, where she could sell things like this, along with upgrade parts and such. That way my prissier sims can just purchase their supplies from her.
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Does anyone know whether the dyes, or the bits and pieces, etc., can be sold at the table? Or in retail lots?

I have some pre-existing sims that I can see being into candlemaking, but aren't really the dumpster diving type. However, I have another one I've been saving for this pack, and I was thinking about having her open a secondhand shop/craft shop, where she could sell things like this, along with upgrade parts and such. That way my prissier sims can just purchase their supplies from her.

I was thinking along the same lines, planned to have sub delivers of those bits and pieces packs. But then it turned out they don't go to the inventory but to a counter. So at least those packets can't be collected by a 2nd sim. No idea about wax, as wax we buy from the table go into inventory, probably wax from bee hive and soy plants will, too? If so, they can be collected and sold by a 2nd sim. It's a fun way of doing it regardless of the retail feature, you could just meet with the crafter and gift them, and find a way to pay manually.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

I was thinking along the same lines, planned to have sub delivers of those bits and pieces packs. But then it turned out they don't go to the inventory but to a counter. So at least those packets can't be collected by a 2nd sim. No idea about wax, as wax we buy from the table go into inventory, probably wax from bee hive and soy plants will, too? If so, they can be collected and sold by a 2nd sim. It's a fun way of doing it regardless of the retail feature, you could just meet with the crafter and gift them, and find a way to pay manually.

Yes, my intuition was that bits & pieces wouldn't work, but the other items might.

I wonder whether it's at least like currency, where it can be accessed by the entire household. So at least your dumpster diving wife's bits and pieces would be available to you, for example.
    edited June 2020

Yes, my intuition was that bits & pieces wouldn't work, but the other items might.

I wonder whether it's at least like currency, where it can be accessed by the entire household. So at least your dumpster diving wife's bits and pieces would be available to you, for example.

Yes, what they find by dumpster diving mostly go to the household inventory, and after those furniture etc are recycled, they are transformed into points that are the same no matter who is the active sim. So, you could send one household member dumpster diving, another recycling, and a third crafting :)

PS: Kids can dumpster dive, but they can't use the recycling machine. I suspect that kids will mostly find smaller stuff, though, but I'm not sure if they are limited or if it was a random thing that they only found upgrade parts in my case :)
  • Rob_E_CoyoteRob_E_Coyote Posts: 51 Member
    Has anyone else found the candle making pretty underwhelming/boring? There's a really tiny amount of options of things to make, and it's not until Fabrication skill 7(!!) that you actually get any animation at all while the task is happening (For the Molded candles, you get an initial animation of pouring wax into the mold...and then your sim just stands there fidgeting and looking bored for the rest of the crafting time...it's dull)
  • LeiaLeia Posts: 61 Member
    Has anyone else found the candle making pretty underwhelming/boring? There's a really tiny amount of options of things to make, and it's not until Fabrication skill 7(!!) that you actually get any animation at all while the task is happening (For the Molded candles, you get an initial animation of pouring wax into the mold...and then your sim just stands there fidgeting and looking bored for the rest of the crafting time...it's dull)

Not that it's only underwhelming... it's also absolutely non-profitable if you don't exactly dive for deals for every dye that you need.
    If you buy a dye and then sell with a reasonable mark-up you get zero to very little profit... or even lose money.
    If you mark up the prices enough to make profit - good luck selling :(
  • zap608zap608 Posts: 82 Member
    I've been making candles for a while as its a sort of easy way to raise the fabrication skill, although a bit boring. I needed wax, from the soy plants so I planted a few and use the beans as fishing bait as well as food. The candles need bits & pieces unless you have a mod by LittleMissSam (HigherSkillFasterCandleMaking. Find in Random Small Mods) This removes the need for bits and pieces and speeds the process up a bit. I have no idea why anyone would need old bits of recycled rubbish to make candles but the programmers added this nonsense anyway. I thought that the bees wax would make better candles, maybe from excellent to impeccable or something but so far it's exactly the same and the bees have lots of their own problems. If you go dumpster diving and have Jungle Adventure, take the bottled water to clean up regularly or the deodorising cream from the herbal skill (Outdoor Retreat) will also work for a while.
    The best profit from candle making is to list them on Plopsy, the profit is much more than selling from the inventory. Or become a freelancer, 4 carved candles (Normal) can bring in around 2k.
    Find me; Freeasabird, The Shed @ Sims 4 Studio. Custom content for The Sims 4.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top