Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has the frequency of fires gone up since the update?

My current save has had so many fires since the last update. I don't know if its coincidence or what. Especially with the campfire. Pretty much catches chairs or whatever my sim is cooking on fire every time, and her cooking skill is quite high. Her guitar even caught fire when she was singing around the camp fire.

Is it just me or is this happening more frequently since they added firefighters?

Also, I thought there used to be a trait you could get with aspiration points where your sim was like fireproof, or their house was fireproof, am I imagining that? Or was it in the Sims 3 or something?

Anyway I am playing an off the grid style home right now and it sure is annoying to have so many fires. Just thought I would see if others were experiencing the same issue. Thanks guys!

Comments

• Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Fireproof was a Sims 3 thing, the reward trait for maxing tthe Firefighter Career, IIRC.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    LOL, I had one sim cooking once, and he caused a fire. So, yes, maybe they wanted to have more fires because we got the firefighters? :o If so, my sims will eat more salads...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I had three kids catch on fire in a row from I think fireflies? Lol :D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    There is a reward trait that protects you from fire. It's called Naturalist and you get it after you complete the Freelance Botanist aspiration. :)
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Oh, I forgot about the firefighters. I have playing since the patch came out and I had no fires in my game today. Kind of disappointing in a way. lol
  • Options
    darkchadmeisterdarkchadmeister Posts: 62 Member
    Add the Cursed lot trait and you'll see a lot more fires. :smile:
  • Options
    camilleone22camilleone22 Posts: 166 Member
    There is a reward trait that protects you from fire. It's called Naturalist and you get it after you complete the Freelance Botanist aspiration. :)

YES! I forgot about that, thank you!
  • Options

Haha! I don't think I need anymore help with fires. :)
  • Options
    ZoreloraZorelora Posts: 54 Member
    In my game, I try making 3-4 sims with no cooking skill cook using a stove, place flammable objects near the fireplace.. still no fire at all :s
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I think definitely, my sim caught on fire cooking hamburgers and put herself out. Then when I had her resume she caught on fire again right away. I have never had that happen before. I was laughing so hard. She’s living off the grid and she had to take like 6 tepid quick showers to wash all the singe off.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Definitely !! Two firefighters just died in my house fighting fire unsuccessfully.
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I have a fire pit, and it catches fire whenever i light it up! It had a wooden table near it maybe it was that but yeah! It almost became annoyig...
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

The Cursed lot trait is no joke. Constant fires all the time. If you really want fires.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Sooooo...it's overkill now? I'm all for being able to set up the scenario for the likelyhood to be increased, but it sounds a little too extreme. :/
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    Zorelora wrote: »
    In my game, I try making 3-4 sims with no cooking skill cook using a stove, place flammable objects near the fireplace.. still no fire at all :s

Well I recommend getting a fireplace and a campfire, I have had lots of fires from those.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    You also want to make sure you don't have items with high flammability (that includes floors too) to prevent them from catching fire.

And I think the fire pit/campfire constant fires were a bug. I only tried to light it maybe twice because hey, instant fire and no way to put it out.
  • Options
    susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
    You guys know they added flammability in the update right? So wood and textiles are a lot more likely to catch on fire than stone
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    You guys know they added flammability in the update right? So wood and textiles are a lot more likely to catch on fire than stone

Yeah, but the OP is talking about a campfire. The possibility of fires themselves seems to have been tweaked-up.
    No one should be putting a campfire on wood or vinyl - who does that? :o
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    LizwardoLizwardo Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm getting fires constantly, and I seem to no longer have the option for a sim to extinguish the fire. Most recently I had a dryer fire, the firefighters turned up and just stood applauding my sim while she burned to death. Then her husband ran in and also burned to death! The firefighters just did nothing.
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    Typical of the dumb and dumber five year old humour of the games coders. It's all copy and paste potty humour NOT an AI at all.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    edited June 2020
    Just a little nasty thought to make my vixens black widows. Unsuspecting husbands dying quick deaths by fire instead of a slow watery death.👹😆
  • Options
    KeriliasKerilias Posts: 14 New Member
    I was playing on a lot in the new world, Evergreen Harbor, and I was aware of the fact that there was the possibility of fire in a toilet while a Sim used the facilities. I was NOT aware of the fact that a Sim could CATCH ON FIRE while using the toilet. Yes it happened, but sadly I wasn't recording at the time, so I don't exactly have proof. B)
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    It is getting a bit too much. My sim with level 7-8 cooking skills constantly start a fire when cooking. My power generator and fireplace too. Every other day there is a fire :)
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited June 2020
    Kerilias wrote: »
    I was playing on a lot in the new world, Evergreen Harbor, and I was aware of the fact that there was the possibility of fire in a toilet while a Sim used the facilities. I was NOT aware of the fact that a Sim could CATCH ON FIRE while using the toilet. Yes it happened, but sadly I wasn't recording at the time, so I don't exactly have proof. B)

Every bathroom in my main house is now equipped with a sprinkler in preparation for the update. I'm not taking any chances. XD

(And I just smashed the barbecue too. It's caused too many disasters already.)
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2020
    I've definitely seen a lot more fires. My sims have been in outdoor retreat and I've probably had about 10+ fires just in the past 3 days playing the game and one of my sims roommates has died from it. :s The grill seems to catch fire pretty much every time someone other than my sim uses it