Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle -- Did you know?

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    Heh I cheated the same district right away :)
    JdYvJQr.png

But what I did not know was how great the new community lot is! so much sims doing their things, crowded indeed! Not like in regular park, where there is one sim there and another far away in there and so.. it was so FULL of sims that I had the busy neighborhood wibe (loved it!)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Setting up a Community Center lot in another town is tricky. If you plan on building your own, you'll need the basic one and all 3 versions (maker, marketplace, community garden). I didn't want to spend the time, so I added the ones from Evergreen Harbor to my library, and I added all 3 types of the one lot that I chose. When the maker lot was voted in, the whole community center vanished! But the maker lot appeared in my library (it hadn't shown up before), so I put it in.

I hope it works better in Evergreen Harbor. Anyway, it can be made to work in other towns, but might be tricky.
  • lizmac21lizmac21 Posts: 555 Member
    You can upgrade plumbing to use less water
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Setting up a Community Center lot in another town is tricky. If you plan on building your own, you'll need the basic one and all 3 versions (maker, marketplace, community garden). I didn't want to spend the time, so I added the ones from Evergreen Harbor to my library, and I added all 3 types of the one lot that I chose. When the maker lot was voted in, the whole community center vanished! But the maker lot appeared in my library (it hadn't shown up before), so I put it in.

I hope it works better in Evergreen Harbor. Anyway, it can be made to work in other towns, but might be tricky.

I just popped in here to see how to add those special lots to the other worlds, and I have to say I am a wee bit disappointed those community lot builds aren't readily available for us to use. I thought we'd be able to place those in other worlds and they would change depending on how the voting went. So I am assuming this is a feature that is exclusive to the new world? In order to have all three, we have to build each one manually rather than each one changing as soon as the voting results are known?
    And on to my next question....Has anyone found out why our insects' health begins to decline after being harvested for bio fuel, cricket meal or nuggets? Mine are well fed and nurtured daily, yet their health is declining. When I began using the insect boxes, I wasn't into the whole idea of taking care of bugs, but my Sims like the insects plus the bio fuel is needed for power generators and the water plant so having insects is pretty important.
  • SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    Did you know broken burnt damaged items are only broken for the Active household? I have a hoarder Sim who keeps everything he’s found dumpster diving on his lawn - doesn’t repair or anything. I played with a different household and traveled to that lot with all the broken crap but all items were in perfect condition. My Sim even swiped a cpl items and took them home - no repairs needed.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Did you know sometimes your neighbor gives you gifts just because.
    3sfdGGV.png
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Did you know if you have the recycling lot trait you can take your trash to the dump?

Did you know that kids can gain influence points? They can’t vote yet.

i didn't even know their was a recycling trait.
  • TahluaTahlua Posts: 20 Member
    Drinking Fuzzy Green Peas makes you sick like the ppl in Strangerville 😁
  • TahluaTahlua Posts: 20 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    And on to my next question....Has anyone found out why our insects' health begins to decline after being harvested for bio fuel, cricket meal or nuggets? Mine are well fed and nurtured daily, yet their health is declining. When I began using the insect boxes, I wasn't into the whole idea of taking care of bugs, but my Sims like the insects plus the bio fuel is needed for power generators and the water plant so having insects is pretty important.

I have found that every time I harvest I have to nurture the insects several times to bring them up to Growing again
    Tahlua wrote: »

I have found that every time I harvest I have to nurture the insects several times to bring them up to Growing again

Thanks for the info. I'll stop worrying about them now. :D
  • cedesdccedesdc Posts: 93 Member
    You can use the bees from seasons to harvest wax, it seems when the honey is completely full the beeswax is avaaiblae as well, its a different color and stacks differently then the soy wax!

Kids can use the candlemaker, but level up in motor skill sindtead of fabrication. His first candle was excellent with absoletely no skills lol
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I just popped in here to see how to add those special lots to the other worlds, and I have to say I am a wee bit disappointed those community lot builds aren't readily available for us to use. I thought we'd be able to place those in other worlds and they would change depending on how the voting went. So I am assuming this is a feature that is exclusive to the new world? In order to have all three, we have to build each one manually rather than each one changing as soon as the voting results are known?

When you place a community space in another world it works exactly like the new world ones so I'm not sure what the issue is. Choose the lot, change the lot type to Community Space. The lot panel will have Community SPace, Community Garden, Marketplace and Maker Space listed. Just click on which ever you want to work on, then when you are done select the next one to work on. Exactly like in the new world. The only difference is that you have to make or place them first, just like any other lot.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Did You Know with Free Love active a sim your not playing will make a move on yours. In my case the sim kissed the neck of my sim and later kissed him on the lips. Sadly the neck kiss is autonomous and it doesn't show up in the romantic interactions.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Did you know all the fizz drinks are in buydebug and they cause different moodlets? There is one that makes sims flirty.

Did You Know these fizz drinks aren't compatible with Restuarents if you have Dine Out? Their not on the menu.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Did you know all the fizz drinks are in buydebug and they cause different moodlets? There is one that makes sims flirty.

Did You Know these fizz drinks aren't compatible with Restuarents if you have Dine Out? Their not on the menu.

Boo about the no restaurants. Hope that was just an oversight and they add them.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Drinking bizarre juice will possess your sims :)

MK0RcJR.png
    Gle2pcg.png
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2020
    Did you know the crickets can die? :(

I only left the lot for a few days to play with another sim :joy:
    Xbn0Pbb.png

ETA oh sorry you can just nurture them and they're alive again. No need for panic then lol
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    If you play in rotation, your Sims' neighbors will go ahead and pick N.A.P.'s without them. I now have a family in a Sharing and Caring neighborhood; can't wait to see what happens with all my others.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    This is what acid rain looks like :smiley:

gsyAdiw.png

EGYnAfL.jpg

giphy.gif
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    @ParmaViolet87 did your Sim get a moodlet from it?
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    @loubyloulou I honestly can't remember seeing one :open_mouth: All I remember was she was uncomfortable from being soaked.
    giphy.gif
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2020
    My sim was recycling at the Waterfront community lot in Port Promise, when all of a sudden she turns up with a ham and cheese sandwich? Well, it turns out theres a random fridge there where your sim can grab a quick meal if they need it. It beats dumpster meals I guess.
    Jsui9Xy.png