Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Fest Gift Exchange ~ DONE!

Comments

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @Ciane:
    McPike Mansion. What an interesting history! And so sad. Do you mean the man married three different women named Mary? How strange, and what a strange name obsession he had. Unless the name was simply so popular where they lived that it was a coincidence. It was so sad for the last Mary, losing her children. I would never want to encounter the ghost of a child in real life (or a game); it would be too sad and horrible.

The mansion itself, as you've built it, looks great. I love that style of Victorian. It looks fairly spacious and roomy, which, as I've experienced, is not really how Victorians are. :D (But as they really are, Sims would give us routing failures constantly, so we can't really do that!)

No, only his first wife was named Mary.

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited June 2020
    @ciane
    I never got the tag for your post.Didn't realize you had another one for me!
    When I saw it I was like "That looks familiar...then I saw the name "McPike" and I was like
    That house was on ghost adventures once! I recognize that!" Love the idea of doing an old
    abandoned house! Such a clever idea! The house looks great, I could def see my sims moving in
    and living in it.

Is there a story about the circle of chairs in the basement? Was just curious if that was suppose
    to represent a cult or something(See a lot of those in the tv shows I watch)
  • Options
    seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    ok @ciane the 4th gift is a dog sense you said you only like one pet i kept her seprate from the dreamers so you could have any of your sims adopt her heres the link https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9395059
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @seaben
    Flint has been checked and is good to go o:)

Dakota is cute! Am sure there are plenty of Sims willing to give her the TLC she deserves!!
  • Options
    ADWilson wrote: »
    @seaben
    Flint has been checked and is good to go o:)

Dakota is cute! Am sure there are plenty of Sims willing to give her the TLC she deserves!!

Thank you for everything you've done to help during this gift exchange and for all the compliments I think Dakota may be one my favorite pets I've ever created in the sims :)
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • Options
    It's after midnight here, and tomorrow will be a super busy day as it's the last full day with my company. So... @GraceyManor here is day 5's gift:

roof_up_original.jpg
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9395065

It doesn't resemble a caboose as much as I'd like, and in comparison to the trains in the Orient Express this one is most humble; but, it's the thought that counts, right?

We've left St. Louis far behind and have traveled into Williams, Arizona now. Here we find a motel of old cabooses. Caboose number two is certified haunted with an old conductor who swings his lights, but haven seen the ghost of Henry McPike, we opt for one of the other cabooses and hope for a good nights sleep.
  • Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited June 2020
    seaben wrote: »
    @SamelaRita I have another question about the one tomato challenge sense Ella has the mooch trait can she ask her friends for money I ask because it's fall in game all her plants are dead and she only has 20 simleons
    She can mooch to pay her bills, once she's run out of tomato money. She can't mooch to help her build anything. She can only mooch once the bill has arrived, and once she's got enough to cover the bill, that's it, she has to stop mooching, so Mooch Small Amount works best.

PS Just seen Dakota - what a great dog!

• Options
    @ciane Just seen your caboose too - it's brilliant! I love the idea of putting that in on a road trip, and it's so well kitted out too.
    Hope you have a great weekend :)
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited June 2020
    @Ciane:
    A Santa Fe Caboose has been checked and is CC free. o:)

What a neat idea! I love the use of the Steampunk sets in this build - they work perfectly! As always, you come up with something both unique and attractive. Just going to have to steal borrow this one as well. o:)

Edit: well, at least I *think* some of that is from the Steampunk set. Looking more closely, maybe not. I'm forgetting what sets are what, anymore.
  • Options
    @ciane

Clever idea and well executed! The red is striking and reminds me of the children's book.
    Am amazed (I shouldn't be since it is you who built this!) that 4 can sleep here ... 5 if there is a baby/toddler.
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    More lovely and beautiful gifts! This is a super awesome and wonderful group! <3
  • Options
    First, @seaben - I LOVE that dog. Dakota will definitely find a home with the family. I really can't wait to play them.

Second, @GraceyManor - I am sorry I didn't answer your question last time. I was just quickly uploading your next gift before heading off to bed and scanning the thread quickly for new uploads to rec and comment on. The circle of chairs in the cellar is where tourists can sit and watch orbs of light, feel the coldness of ghosts that visit, and see the darker shadows in the dark. It's the main way that the new owners make money to restore the house. The also have camp outs and tours.
  • Options
    Dear Bree - this is your final gift (there needed to be four, in the interests of symmetry!)
    May I offer you the Biondelli Family?
    F7eyG8.jpg

There's some more pictures here.
    2MUuwu.jpg
    YyZDgS.jpg
    694jO3.jpg

The back story's here:
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2020/06/the-biondelli-family.html

House and family:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9395113

House only:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9395112

Family only:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9395114

And I hope you have fun with them, and have a good weekend too. It keeps raining here - I think we're going to tidy up the garage :s
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    Oh what lovely SIMSversary gifts! I am amazed at what you all were able to do with base game only. What a great gifts any simmer can use.

@LMC6255 Ocean View, is such a beautiful open and sunny home. I love the light woods and pops of blue in the decor, it really brings the nautical theme throughout the home. It's wonderful you were able to fit a pool on such a small lot too.

A view from the Top
    is another great home. Building on a hill was a great way to give views no matter where the home is placed. The home is well furnished for everything a sims family could need. It's great that you were still able to fit a pool even with all the spaced used by creating the hill.

@SamelaRita How wonderful that you have created a challenge that is open to all simmers. You've provided a nice framework for some interested stories. I look forward to reading about Chad and Ella's adventures in various simmers games.

@Hidehi Cherry Blossom is lovely. I like how you furnished it with everything a sim family could need but with room to grow. I could see it becoming a staple home in many games.

@ADWilson Simone looks like a lovely girl that will be a lot of fun to play, and it's so nice to have base game only sims. I liked your presentation, leaving a little mystery even when spoiling. I was wrong trying to guess her favorite color.

@seaben A base game world, wow what a wonderful gift. I can't even imagine how much of a challenge it was for you to refrain from using expansion or store items. The waterfall and stream creates a great backdrop for the town.

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Wow, I've waited too long to look over all this awesomeness. <3 Now it's going to be as hard to catch up on the commenting as it is when also creating for a gift exchange :D but I will get it done! Thinking it makes most sense now to wait until all the gifting is done and do it all at once, but I will say I see many, many beautiful and imaginative creations and some very interesting sims and darling pets.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @SamelaRita
    Biondelli (household), Palazzo Biobelli and Biondelli (house and family) have been checked and are good to go o:)

This cat is the purr-fect guide for introducing the family and giving a house tour! I love her personality and cat-itude! I also love that you wove other gifts into their background story.
  • Options
    Okay I take it back about being spoiled @SamelaRita I'm spoiled and in heaven, another lovely and beautiful and wonderful gift! I'm going to enjoy the little town I set up with all these lovely gifts! Thank you from the depths of my heart dear! I'm so in love with all of them! I'm off to grab them up now! <3
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited June 2020
    @SamelaRita I hope you and your family are having a lovely Saturday! :)

Since Arthur is responsible for his horse and he came to this new town penniless, he will find himself unable to provide for Old Pete many of the basic necessities a horse must have (hay, new horse shoes, salt lick, and basic pet hygiene supplies). To solve this problem, as part of my "Art of Dilapidation Series" I created a store called "Rusty Wrangler's Horse Supplies".

Since Rusty Wrangler's hasn't had an owner for decades, it is in shambles, therefore the supplies will be at no cost. On the other hand, the place is in dire need of a "few" repairs, the training equipment and other supplies are dilapidated and rusted over, there may be some useful odds and ends left, Arthur has his work cut out for him! Hopefully, with some imagination and lots of elbow grease this commercial lot can be a true asset to the community. ;)

Day 4
    Gift 4

Rusty Wrangler's Horse Supplies
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9395123

Enjoy! Tomorrow I have another surprise! :)

Post edited by LMC6255 on
  • Options
    @LMC6255
    Rusty Wrangler's Horse Supplies has been checked and is good to go o:)

Another neat creation in your Art of Dilapidation series! This is a perfect place for Arthur to find supplies and another purpose beyond caring for Old Pete.
  • Options
    @LMC6255 your Rusty Wrangler's Horse Supply will be a wonderful fixer up story! Great work!
  • Options
    As always I love your story @SamelaRita and that family is gorgeous. The cat's sense of family dynamics is a refreshing outlook too! The home is probably my favorite of your builds here - very nicely laid out with just nice balconies and beautifully furnished.

@LMC6255 - You're doing such a great job of creating lots for @SamelaRita's world and I look forward to seeing what direction she takes with them.
  • Options
    Well @jessabeans I don't have much store content and disabled all my pack so I could make it base game
  • Options
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    @SamelaRita I have another question about the one tomato challenge sense Ella has the mooch trait can she ask her friends for money I ask because it's fall in game all her plants are dead and she only has 20 simleons
    She can mooch to pay her bills, once she's run out of tomato money. She can't mooch to help her build anything. She can only mooch once the bill has arrived, and once she's got enough to cover the bill, that's it, she has to stop mooching, so Mooch Small Amount works best.

Well if she can only mooch to pay her bills and all of her money has to come from the tomato can I cheat the weather sense it's fall in game she's freezing Every night and all her plants are dead
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @LMC6255 It's awesome! I love it! And you are coming up with things that aren't in my town at all - but should be, with the backstory you've written. This is going to be so much fun to play with, and to include in the town, the story and everything else. Yee-ha! I can feel lots of ideas unfolding...I think Old Tench will be coming centre stage as well, to tell some of these stories. Watch this space (only don't hold your breath while you're watching) and we'll see what unfolds from your fabulous amazing gifts. <3:D<3

And there's another surprise tomorrow?!!!!! Wow! I am truly being treated like royalty here!
  • Options
    SamelaRita wrote: »

Well if she can only mooch to pay her bills and all of her money has to come from the tomato can I cheat the weather sense it's fall in game she's freezing Every night and all her plants are dead

You can set the weather any way you like - really long summers and springs and short winters and so on.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top