Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Question Thread

Comments

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited June 2020
    I am really struggling to make sense of the smog vacuum. Supposedly, you get it from submitting municipal concept blueprints. I keep submitting a slew of them (perfect quality) and all I get is some cash and work performance. Freegan sims benefit the most from cleaned up "free" stuff, but the smog vacuum is locked behind a career pathway... and freegan sims hate working. I'm really struggling with the logic of this....

My sim was level 9 of the career when she unlocked it. She can give them away as gifts and other sims can use them. They can't be taken out of the sims inventory or I would upload one to the gallery.

Edit: I just realized that you can get one from build/buy using the bb. ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement cheat
  • vanillathunder18vanillathunder18 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Denimjo said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Try repairing the installation first.

Thank you! I should have mentioned that I did try repairing the game and going back in..
    Now I have resorted to disabling the pack for my game to allow me to make interactions.. :neutral:
    If there are still enough issues, do you reckon they'll do another update??
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Anyone know how the petitions work once you get the required amount of signatures? Do you have to wait to the next voting period closes to see if they accept your repeal?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Anyone seen the garbage man yet? My sim's garbage bin is full and there are no interaction options on it anymore, so can't empty the smog vaccum machine. Does he show up by himself, or do I need to call him?
  • SimAddiction101SimAddiction101 Posts: 112 Member
    I can't seem to find the bike? This pack came with a bike right?
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2020
    Disregard question as I figured out how to get wax without having to buy it. Thank you,
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue

@SimAddiction101 Yes, it came with bikes but I think you have to get your skill up and make them on the fabricator. Unless you use a cheat.
  • SimAddiction101SimAddiction101 Posts: 112 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to make wax? My Sims is broke and I do not want to buy the wax. Thank you,

Thank youuuu!! That makes the game so much better. You have to plant soy beans and then eventually you collect wax from the plant!
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    I am really struggling to make sense of the smog vacuum. Supposedly, you get it from submitting municipal concept blueprints. I keep submitting a slew of them (perfect quality) and all I get is some cash and work performance. Freegan sims benefit the most from cleaned up "free" stuff, but the smog vacuum is locked behind a career pathway... and freegan sims hate working. I'm really struggling with the logic of this....

My sim was level 9 of the career when she unlocked it. She can give them away as gifts and other sims can use them. They can't be taken out of the sims inventory or I would upload one to the gallery.

Edit: I just realized that you can get one from build/buy using the bb. ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement cheat

Where are you seeing it, because I went through all of build buy with cheats on?
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• talli_btalli_b Posts: 7 New Member
    Bikes came with University. So if you don’t have University that probably explains why you can’t find it. I can buy it easily from building/buy, no cheats.
    [quote="SageRainWillow;c-17529001"][quote="CelSims;c-17528751"][quote="SageRainWillow;c-17528707"]I am really struggling to make sense of the smog vacuum. Supposedly, you get it from submitting municipal concept blueprints. I keep submitting a slew of them (perfect quality) and all I get is some cash and work performance. Freegan sims benefit the most from cleaned up "free" stuff, but the smog vacuum is locked behind a career pathway... and freegan sims hate working. I'm really struggling with the logic of this....[/quote]

Edit: I just realized that you can get one from build/buy using the bb. ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement cheat [/quote]

Where are you seeing it, because I went through all of build buy with cheats on?[/quote]
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    If you have Seasons installed, are you able to collect water from snow?
  • talli_btalli_b Posts: 7 New Member
    Anyone else having an issue with power conservation on off grid lots? I had a huge surplus of power with just a windmill and then started using a fabricator I got through a work promotion and realized it had sucked all the power out. I sold the fabricator (I can use the ones at the community space) but haven't been able to get my power surplus up at all (it's stuck at 0), even after adding two solar panels and making my mini fridge energy efficient. I don't have any other electronics, completely off grid. I keep getting notifications saying I've used all my power, then seconds later saying I have a surplus of power. Then back to having used all my power. So frustrating.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Brexoxo wrote: »
    If you have Seasons installed, are you able to collect water from snow?

yes
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• yagwityagwit Posts: 118 Member
    edited June 2020
    [img][/img]Upgrade.jpg
    How do I upgrade, when the option is grayed out? I have the Eco Upgrade part (1) in my inventory. I removed mods, and repaired from Origin. #ECOLIFESTYLE EP09
    edited June 2020
    @talli_b I have Uni and all I see are those bikes in the build buy mode. I do not see any Eco Lifestyle bikes in build buy mode. I actually just found a Eco Lifestyle bike by dumpster diving.
  • lakirelakire Posts: 75 Member
    l0keyrose wrote: »
    > @lakire said:
    > Anyone who can tell me how to see if wallpapers, floors etc is eco-friendly?

I guess up somewhere you have something like where you can choose packs and then select eco thingy if you mean that!

No, it wasn't what I meant. But I found it out myself after I asked.
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    I have a few questions:

How do I get compost? My Sim generates barely any trash, so no compostables either.
    How do I get my crickets' health up? They are fed and nurtured but their health is declining :(
    What's the point of The Trouble With Plants? Is it really just for show?!
    And where do I get wax for candle making?

I feel like such a noob for asking these questions, but I really can't figure it out :')
    I have a few questions:

How do I get compost? My Sim generates barely any trash, so no compostables either.
    How do I get my crickets' health up? They are fed and nurtured but their health is declining :(

I feel like such a noob for asking these questions, but I really can't figure it out :')

My sim found some compost from the dumpster in the landfill lot in the port. Not sure if it's tied to the landfill trait or you just need to dumpster dive a few times for the option to come up. There's also an option of upgrade for the toilets to become compostable.
    You can get wax from the soy plant, and the bees box. Haven't tried but I think you may be able to also order it online like other ingredients.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to make wax? My Sims is broke and I do not want to buy the wax. Thank you,

Thank youuuu!! That makes the game so much better. You have to plant soy beans and then eventually you collect wax from the plant!

And you can get the wax year-round, even though the soybeans only produce in summer and fall (without a greenhouse).
    I just want things to match. :'(
    CelSims wrote: »

Where are you seeing it, because I went through all of build buy with cheats on?

It's easier to find if you filter to display just the Eco lifestyle objects. It's a bit tricky getting it into the sim's inventory though as sims can't seem to interact with it to pick it up. I managed to add it to inventory by decreasing it's size and placing it on the sales table. My sim got it into her inventory by clearing the table.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I have a few questions:

My sim found some compost from the dumpster in the landfill lot in the port. Not sure if it's tied to the landfill trait or you just need to dumpster dive a few times for the option to come up. There's also an option of upgrade for the toilets to become compostable.
    You can get wax from the soy plant, and the bees box. Haven't tried but I think you may be able to also order it online like other ingredients.

I have questions about insects, too. On my first try, my grubs generated eco-fuel and grub meal. Once I chose to collect the eco-fuel, the grub meal was no longer available. Well, okay, one or the other, I thought. However, after that, they started to decline and never produced any more fuel or meal. So, I cleaned out the insect house and started a new grub farm, but the grubs never produced anything and eventually died. (Fed and nurtured.) I bought three more insect farms because I needed to collect grub meal three times for the creative-maker aspiration, and all followed the same trajectory of producing grub meal-eco fuel once and then dying. The box says they're 'ready to collect', but there are no options other than 'nurture' or 'clean out insect house' (which removes all the insects).

Watch out for that composting toilet - you need to have an insect farm, or the toilet explodes into flames. I'm not sure how it works with the insect farm, as I had deleted the toilet and replaced it due to Fire!!! before I bought the insect farm, and wasn't brave enough to try again.

And yes, you can buy wax from the candle-making table.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Did anyone find the candles with showhiddenobjects? Or do I need the ignoreunlocksentitlement cheat too?
    edited June 2020
    @yagwit scroll your mouse over the specific upgrade you want to do to see how many eco parts you actually need. It'll be more than one.
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Did anyone find the candles with showhiddenobjects? Or do I need the ignoreunlocksentitlement cheat too?

I found all craftable objects, including candles with the showhiddenobjects cheat. If you apply the filter to the Eco Lifestyle pack, you can easily find all the objects that came with this pack, including the debug ones.
    talli_b wrote: »
    Anyone else having an issue with power conservation on off grid lots? I had a huge surplus of power with just a windmill and then started using a fabricator I got through a work promotion and realized it had 🌺🌺🌺🌺 all the power out. I sold the fabricator (I can use the ones at the community space) but haven't been able to get my power surplus up at all (it's stuck at 0), even after adding two solar panels and making my mini fridge energy efficient. I don't have any other electronics, completely off grid. I keep getting notifications saying I've used all my power, then seconds later saying I have a surplus of power. Then back to having used all my power. So frustrating.

Is your windmill broken? They can get hit by lightening. The notifications spam means that at that the time every unit of power you are producing is immediately being used up. Bare in mind that solar panels only produce energy when it is sunny. Also check on your bills that you are storing energy and not auto selling surplus.