Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question on adopted kids.

I no longer play sims 3. However, I once had a family that I adored. They adopted three kids. I want to remake them, manually, in sims 4. But... I only remember one of their names. It's been way too long. I don't remember changing their name when they were adopted, or if they adopted kids are completely randomized or come from a predefined stock, so my questions are:

1) Is there a list of predefined names used by the adopt a child feature?
2) Is there a list of images of them?
This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.

Comments

• Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    As far as I know the names and images of the children are randomly generated. However, it has been my observation using children which my Sims have adopted, sometimes the children will have some features of their adopted parents. Good luck in re-creating your Simmies.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2020
    @mw1525 is correct. There are no lists of adoptable sims as they are randomly generated and will differ per world/game save in much the same way that Service Sims are once we get beyond the ones that are present as pre-mades when a game in an EA-made world starts out.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    Hey, If I don't use SP, will adopted children come with zero slider pudding faces?
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Well, the names have to be randomized from a list, otherwise they’d be garbage. Does anyone know where the list can be found? Maybe seeing a name would spark a memory.

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Metaphasic wrote: »
    Well, the names have to be randomized from a list, otherwise they’d be garbage. Does anyone know where the list can be found? Maybe seeing a name would spark a memory.
    I'm not sure how to extract the default name lists, but I know they can be modded. The first names and surnames pull from different lists that are each probably thousands long. I understand what you are after and why, but I don't really think this is going to help very much. I take it your older saved games do not exist on a hard drive or some other media within reach that someone else could try to play for you if you no longer have a TS3 install going?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    igazor wrote: »
    Metaphasic wrote: »
    I'm not sure how to extract the default name lists, but I know they can be modded. The first names and surnames pull from different lists that are each probably thousands long. I understand what you are after and why, but I don't really think this is going to help very much. I take it your older saved games do not exist on a hard drive or some other media within reach that someone else could try to play for you if you no longer have a TS3 install going?

I have Sims3 installed (just to get to the GameplayData.package), and yes, my old saves are gone. I know how to load the package and browse the XML and TUN files. But there's thousands. I need the name of the individual file that has the First Name list in it. Using S3PE for this.

• Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    When I had my sims adopt on TS3 I picked the name. It wasn't randomly selected.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    When I had my sims adopt on TS3 I picked the name. It wasn't randomly selected.

Oh, really? It's been many years, so forgive me for asking. I could've sworn it put in a random name, even though I had the option of changing it. Thanks! Saved me the trouble of continuing to look.