Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 as a future PS5 game?!?! Sims 5 coming more sooner than later? **NEW LEAK FROM UK MAG**

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I mainly use a desktop but the only laptop I found that truly runs like a desktop with zero lag,studder or problems is MSI. Now I can't say if everyone has the same experience but it's the only brand I suggest to people and the only brand I will continue to buy. They are a little pricey and it took me a bit to save for them. (I got both the msi desktop and laptop at the same time and both were second hand)
    But this things literally gives me 0 problems and I've never been so happy with a laptop or desktop from all the ones I've tried in the past.

The downside, just incase you ever decide to try it is that the laptop is so thick and heavy it feels like a pc itself 😂😂😂😂 I can't have it directly on my lap but that's probably why it actually performs lol

Someone else also recommended MSI to me, so thank you for confirming that it is a good brand! I don't mind if it is on the thick and heavy side. When I travel I keep my computer packed away until I reach my destination and then I set it up like a desktop computer on a work table/desk. I use a Samsung Galaxy tablet for the actual travel on the go.

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2020
    LiELF wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    Honestly not looking forward to starting over and having to buy all the same packs again for a full game. Idk what makes people so sure 5 will be any better when it's made by the same people.

I like TS4 style and rather it just be improved.

Nothing says you have to start over or even move over to a TS5 (but looks like it's for console only anyway). I don't understand why people assume they have to buy a new game if they like their old game. Many people never moved on to TS2 or ever even touched TS3 and I know millions who didn't touch TS4 and still playing and buying TS3 packs and store stuff they may have never gotten around to buying.

Because it's not only about starting over, it's about game development for new content. Only one game will be improved. Many don't feel that Sims 4 has reached a satisfying completion yet, and after investing so much money already, a lot of players would rather see the devs put their effort into the current game. Sims 2 and 3 felt complete by the end of their run. They had deeper gameplay and endless things to do. Sure, there could have been more fluff, but I think both games, being older, were really straining and bloated by the end, especially Sims 3. Sims 4 is nowhere near that.

You can't blame the players, though. As long as TS4 feels unfinished, people are going to want better changes for it. Unfortunately, after all this time, it feels like dangling a carrot just out of reach of the rabbit with promises to feed it but never bringing it close enough. I sometimes wonder if that's not the planned strategy of EA to keep people buying. But if that carrot never drops, it could have a very big impact on whether people will have the faith to go through it again with Sims 5.

I'm sorry many don't feel like TS4 has reached a satisfying completion. It has as much according to TS4 players as the other games.
    So, I have no idea after the four or five major packs everyone always wants why it should get any more time. Six years and it has Seasons, Pets, Vacation World, an OFB compariable pack, a Nightlife (CL) and a University pack...why should it get any more than the rest of them? Because people want it? And want new ideas..ok but I wanted a lot more for TS2 and TS3 players still want more for TS3 so why should TS4 be any more special just because people don't 'feel' like it is complete. ETA: Does anyone actuyally know how many packs TS4 had in six years? 50? Isn't that enough to 'fill it up'?
    They had six years and they brought out the larger EPs (cough not hardly) and it still can't make TS4 players happy. They have to put the packs on sale to keep it going...you are right it's not about starting over....it's about newer game development and newer content and that is why Simmers always look forward to a newer game. Even if TS4 isn't ready to go away. New technology can't be put on a backburner while people struggle with TS4.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    Honestly not looking forward to starting over and having to buy all the same packs again for a full game. Idk what makes people so sure 5 will be any better when it's made by the same people.

I like TS4 style and rather it just be improved.

Nothing says you have to start over or even move over to a TS5 (but looks like it's for console only anyway). I don't understand why people assume they have to buy a new game if they like their old game. Many people never moved on to TS2 or ever even touched TS3 and I know millions who didn't touch TS4 and still playing and buying TS3 packs and store stuff they may have never gotten around to buying.

Because it's not only about starting over, it's about game development for new content. Only one game will be improved. Many don't feel that Sims 4 has reached a satisfying completion yet, and after investing so much money already, a lot of players would rather see the devs put their effort into the current game. Sims 2 and 3 felt complete by the end of their run. They had deeper gameplay and endless things to do. Sure, there could have been more fluff, but I think both games, being older, were really straining and bloated by the end, especially Sims 3. Sims 4 is nowhere near that.

You can't blame the players, though. As long as TS4 feels unfinished, people are going to want better changes for it. Unfortunately, after all this time, it feels like dangling a carrot just out of reach of the rabbit with promises to feed it but never bringing it close enough. I sometimes wonder if that's not the planned strategy of EA to keep people buying. But if that carrot never drops, it could have a very big impact on whether people will have the faith to go through it again with Sims 5.

I'm sorry many don't feel like TS4 has reached a satisfying completion. It has as much according to TS4 players as the other games.
    So, I have no idea after the four or five major packs everyone always wants why it should get any more time. Six years and it has Seasons, Pets, Vacation World, an OFB compariable pack, a Nightlife (CL) and a University pack...why should it get any more than the rest of them? Because people want it? And want new ideas..ok but I wanted a lot more for TS2 and TS3 players still want more for TS3 so why should TS4 be any more special just because people don't 'feel' like it is complete. ETA: Does anyone actuyally know how many packs TS4 had in six years? 50? Isn't that enough to 'fill it up'?
    They had six years and they brought out the larger EPs (cough not hardly) and it still can't make TS4 players happy. They have to put the packs on sale to keep it going...you are right it's not about starting over....it's about newer game development and newer content and that is why Simmers always look forward to a newer game. Even if TS4 isn't ready to go away. New technology can't be put on a backburner while people struggle with TS4.

THIS!!!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    If this is true I'm very dissapointed this game will be console. Which we all know is usually very different than any pc version by it's tasks, and questy type gameplay etc. And online.....where is the PC leak? :/ Porting a console game to pc is very different than porting a pc game to console. It means (to me) if pc version came later rather than first the pc version wouldn't be at all what we were hoping to see.

It never occurred to me that they might just make it for console only if they did they'd be nuts after all a huge majority of the shimmers are on PC and not console I mean I know the spin-offs did really well but nothing like the main line game

It's possible depending on what type of gamer they want to attract and what type of deals they make with companies like Sony playstations or xboxes (MS) etc. And even with video card manufacturers. They have to work closely with all these entities from the very first step and make the deals of how they will build it and for who/which format. I don't think many will run out and buy a PS5 just to play a Sim game if they prefer pc games over console gaming. So, EA has been moving toward mobile for years, maybe this is their way of ending the pc era for this franchise. I really don't know and hope console is not the holy grail for The Sims.

You and me both
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    I thought of another reason why that conversation that guy showed probably untrue they said that they totally forgot about the 20th anniversary of The Sims I just don't believe that's the case at all I think they mentioned it several times in fact
    I thought of another reason why that conversation that guy showed probably untrue they said that they totally forgot about the 20th anniversary of The Sims I just don't believe that's the case at all I think they mentioned it several times in fact

...from what they gave us for the 20th anniversary I can't help BUT think that part is true...would make sense why we got a half-*** attempt as something.
    But if I remember correctly they mentioned it a month earlier
    and even if they didn't talk about it everybody else was talking about it on Twitter Tumblr the forums Reddit anywhere there are summers there was someone talking about it and I'm sure someone asked them what they were going to do regardless of whether they were going to answer or not people always do when they're curious show them forgetting is just really really really unlikely
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited June 2020
    Sony wanted to be the first, finally it's postponed to an unknown date...

2020 is a very bad year.
    and even if they didn't talk about it everybody else was talking about it on Twitter Tumblr the forums Reddit anywhere there are summers there was someone talking about it and I'm sure someone asked them what they were going to do regardless of whether they were going to answer or not people always do when they're curious show them forgetting is just really really really unlikely

Then that begs the question.
    WHY in god's name did they do such a half-*** job?
    You don't have a 20th anniversary often.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    pretty sure @KaeChan2089 will agree with this as player if some players are not yet ready to move on from sims4 to sims 5 like it or not if at virtual ea play they annonce the sims5 as a player i am fully ready to move on to the sims5
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,717 Member
    edited June 2020

I pretty much lost it when they released the "happy 20th anniversary" picture and the gnome on the picture said 15 along with a hot tub from an old pack. But I would prefer to not think about it anymore and just move on. I have posted so much about how this was such a clear case of the team saying that they care but not showing it. I am happy that they show that they still care about the sims with this latest patch though.

I just don't get the feeling that the current leadership at EA and Maxis care much for The Sims franchise. Not like the ones before them. I really miss them!

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited June 2020
    @ClarionOfJoy

But does it really matter ? Who cares about The Sims now Paralives and Rob Humble are here ?

Just move forward and never look back !
    @ClarionOfJoy

But does it really matter ? Who cares about The Sims now Paralives and Rob Humble are here ?

Just move forward and never look back !

What, and not give EAxis a chance to redeem themselves with a better TS5?!??

I don't want the trash that is TS4 to be their last The Sims iteration after a long illustrious history of producing the legendary TS1, TS2 and TS3.

The point is to make the life simulation genre great again and NOT continue the low expectation, trashy quality trend of TS4. So I want EVERY life simulation game being created out there: Paralives, Paradox Tectonic's game, and yes, even The Sims 5 and other future life simulation games, to be cutting edge using the latest technology. I want them all the to have the "WOW!" factor that TS1, TS2 and TS3 had and more!

True but the Sims 4 fourth anniversary we only got a t-shirt and I think it was something similar for the fifth anniversary of The Sims 4 and that is considered milestone I think for The Sims 3 5th anniversary we got all sorts of cool stuff all the I can't remember any of it right now show up I mean the Sims 4 has never had a really good anniversary not like previous games used to so I'm not surprised they didn't have a good 20th I don't think he is giving them the budget that they want I don't think it has anything to do with them forgetting everything I think it's just kind of wishful thinking that it was just an oversight because a lot of us want to believe that they weren't stopped by ea free of weight hasn't been doing great financially with some games and they have to make up for their losses somewhere and my guess is one of the ways they decided to make up for their losses with the Sims floors anniversary are The Sims 20th anniversary I bet they were just as mad as we worry that they couldn't give us something better maybe all the outrage is why they were able to give us what we got today maybe they told ea that people were so mad about that that it would hurt their sells if they didn't do more to make up for it who knows maybe we'll get more stuff because of the outrage over that I hope so maybe they'll give the good news to make a budget that's always my hope when people are criticizing constructively thats why Sim guru Graham told us to scream for laundry if we really wanted it l
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    20th anniversary was bad to me it feels like they don't care no more they are pushing out the NPC we asked for now after so many years. maybe they are getting ready to wash their hands? of the Sims 4 without Sims 5? This is what happens win they said they wanted to change they wanted Sims 4 to be different. the twitter message don't surprise me if they are getting bad spotlight Sims 4 is a mess it's bad and I wish it was more like Sims 2 and Sims 3. And to me it looks like people are looking at Paralives I know I am.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Sony is revealing in June games to come to PS5. A lot of people are waiting for other franchises as well, but it’s possible it’s actually true, I think they’re announcing games for PS5 on June 5. It’s the only explanation why Sony could’ve leaked it first before EA announcing

There's no way EA would let Sony announce the game first I think we'll get a hint and game just like we did for The Sims 4 in The Sims 3 back to the Future pack when it's like a year away from release
    That’s why it’s called a leak
    Sony is revealing in June games to come to PS5. A lot of people are waiting for other franchises as well, but it’s possible it’s actually true, I think they’re announcing games for PS5 on June 5. It’s the only explanation why Sony could’ve leaked it first before EA announcing

There's no way EA would let Sony announce the game first I think we'll get a hint and game just like we did for The Sims 4 in The Sims 3 back to the Future pack when it's like a year away from release
    That’s why it’s called a leak

But Sony isn't just anybody Sony could get in real trouble that's why I don't think it's the real thing
    https://www.hiptoro.com/p/the-sims-5-release-date-consoles-new-sims-game-to-be-compatible-with-ps5-and-xbox-series-x/ everyone..

it says TS5 was supposed to announced last year. And is going to come out in 2021.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited June 2020
    There is no way the Sims 5 would launch on consoles before PC, that would be like releasing the Sims 3 (console version) on PC with that annoying fire meter & other restrictions built-in. The Sims have always preceded the consoles in their releases, and all console games have been spin-offs until the Sims 4...are they trying to imply that the Sims 5 for PS5 would be a spin-off from the real Sims 5 (PC)?

EDIT: For context I am also a console gamer (so I'm not hating on console players), I just don't believe that PC game development should revolve around consoles as they are completely different animals in regards to memory, performance and power.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    There could very well be a new game coming out, but not actually Sims 5. In the past, console had some stand alone Sims games. It could be something like that. We haven't seen a Sims offshoot in quite a while (aside from mobile games.)
    #Team Occult
  • ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    https://www.hiptoro.com/p/the-sims-5-release-date-consoles-new-sims-game-to-be-compatible-with-ps5-and-xbox-series-x/ everyone..

it says TS5 was supposed to announced last year. And is going to come out in 2021.

They don’t really provide a source for that claim though. The article also says several things that don’t really make sense like claiming the Sims 4 is done with packs and updates now, which we know simply isn’t true.

• rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited June 2020
    I highly doubt The Sims 5 will come out any time soon.

I mean, yes, it is a no-brainer that The Sims 5 will eventually come, whether it is in 1,2 or 8 years, it will come.
    It's also very safe to say that it will also come to (the next gen) consoles, because you know: EA and $$$$$.

The red dot in that Sony list indicates that it is 12+ months away from release, so I'd just take that listing as a wild guess, an open door. Ofcourse The Sims 5 will come and ofcourse it will come to consoles in the future. No one knows when that is.

They tend to announce/tease games like 1-1,5 years before release, and with them saying (for the 60 000th time) that they have YEARS left of The Sims 4, I highly doubt The Sims 5 will already come out next year.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to let The Sims 4 die and move on to something new, but I have to be honest that I'd rather have them take ALL THE TIME they need in order to make the best base game they have ever made, and not to rush it out the door halfbaked so that it needs YEARS of ''fixing'' in order for it to be on par (or even better to) with previous base games.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2020

They don’t really provide a source for that claim though. The article also says several things that don’t really make sense like claiming the Sims 4 is done with packs and updates now, which we know simply isn’t true.

Yeah no lol. That whole article is based on speculation:
    - TS usually runs 4-5 years, so it should've been announced in 2019 - yeah except they already told us that TS4 isn't following the same development cycle and it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to do a complete redesign and discard (finally) 32 bit, only to end it a couple of months later. I still highly doubt we'll see TS5 before 2022 at the earliest but I may be wrong of course. Still as you say, this isn't based on a source but on "well that's what usually happens soooo argument made!".

- Then they cite a bunch of Xbox / PS5 sources to claim it will be available on multiple platforms, when really ALL that source proves, is that people will be able to continue playing TS4 on the new xbox/PS series, which is quite likely (and hopefully) true, but we'll only know for sure after the upcoming PS event. But it really doesn't relate to TS5 in any possible way.

Honestly this whole article reads exactly like the "expected games in late 2017 - TLoU 2 / Ori and the Will of the Wisps / Age of Empires 4 ; expected games in 2018 - TLoU 2 / Ori and the Will of the Wisps / Age of Empires 4 ; expected games in 2019 - TLoU 2 / Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Ages of Empires 4". Lol. The gaming world is FULL of "expected titles based on wishful thinking" articles and so many of them rarely turn out to be true*.

If it isn't confirmed by the publisher, don't hold your breath for it. It will come when they say it will come.

ETA: *until they are but if you post the same speculative article every 6 months it's bound to be true at some point 😂