Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What can I do in the game?

Hey all. I'm trying to give Sims 4 another go.
I have been playing since Sims 1 and I have all of the expansions even for Sims 4.
I need some inspiration!
What can I do in this game?
What is your favourite kinda community lots to femake or build? <3 💕
I've often found that I just make a family and carry on having babies with the same routine.
I also think the lack of decorations and create a pattern puts me off.
Thanks for any comments!
bbQgD.gif

Comments

• Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    Don’t play with any rules at first, have as many kids as your household can take, don’t be afraid to give your sims bad or quirky traits, don’t use the money cheat and really get your sims out there to socialize and do social things. Once married, feel free to break up a divorce that sim is if isn’t the right sim for your sim, spice it up, don’t ignore your sims desires, if they are married and they are interested in another sim go for it, if you have parenthood pack, ground and punish your child or teen sims if they act up, (break curfew, make a mess, throw tantrums) the grounding and time out features are adorable, allow your sims to let themselves go, so that they can get a favorite gym and work on their diet and weight loss for New Years resolution gameplay, let teen sims sneak and break curfew and based on the parents traits decide on how to punish them, cook a lot of food, I always enjoy when my sims have a fridge packed of meals and goodies, also try to garden and maintain them, allow the house to get filthy and make your child sims do chores, get Pets and have them breed.
  • PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    Tessiexx wrote: »
    Hey all. I'm trying to give Sims 4 another go.
    I have been playing since Sims 1 and I have all of the expansions even for Sims 4.
    I need some inspiration!
    What can I do in this game?
    What is your favourite kinda community lots to femake or build? <3 💕
    I've often found that I just make a family and carry on having babies with the same routine.
    I also think the lack of decorations and create a pattern puts me off.
    Thanks for any comments!

Hi Tessie. I too have been playing the Sims since the Sims 1. I have found it harder to get inspiration in the Sims 4 maybe because I found the Sims 2 fired up my inspiration to play in many ways.

Have you explored everything the Sims 4 has to offer? I know it can be easy to keep doing the same things over and over again. Have you tried any of the many challenges people put out for the Sims 4? Sometimes playing in a different way lets you see things in the game you didn't see before. I know the Sims 4 doesn't present itself as well as the Sims 2 for challenges (in my opinion) but many can be fun to try out.

Personally I have not done a lot of building in the Sims 4 as I find it time consuming learning how to do things these days (in my senior age LOL) but I do tweak community lots in the game when I find things annoying or simply to help my Sims gain skills quicker or to make a route to items better. Sometimes I can spend a long time making a special lot and find a new pack puts it out of kilter; i.e. I made a community lot for collecting plants at the beginning then out comes Seasons and all the plants then need a massive greenhouse so they are available all year round LOL. I am always trying to find ways to make my little Sim's life easier especially when starting a new game.

Instead of concentrating on making families and Sims having babies why not make a few independent Sims who are perhaps work driven or a romance Sim who is afraid of commitment. Use a few traits you have not explored before.

I have been playing Sims 4 from the start and still haven't explored everything the game has to offer and still shy of a couple of stuff packs and the new Eco pack that has been brought out. I spend a lot of time exploring everything each pack has to offer.

Happy Simming

I play a vanilla game without mods or custom content

• daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    As @PrincessrozeeS said there are lots of challenges out there - 100 babies, rags to riches, runaway teen... you can take a look on this forum or YouTube for inspiration

Or you could practise building - whether it's following video tutorials or just renovating current builds. Or maybe give all the townies a makeover if you like creating Sims (some of them definitely need it!)

I like creating fully-formed stories for my Sims. I tend to focus on one and then create their family, friends, a love interest etc. Even now there are elements of the game I'm still discovering 🙂

Have fun!
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I usually create characters and give them storylines. I type down the storyline in their bio but once I begin playing with them I let the game decide what's gonna happen. I try not to influence the game's decisions and see how things play out.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?