March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Items vanishing in lots in eco lifestyle

Comments

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2020
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    Lol! It’s pure chaos and I’m down for it! I’m so sorry for OP. It’s annoying but it’s right along the lines of weirdness I came to expect of The Sims! That said, does swiping stuff from the community lots mean that said item is lost forever? And if we want to “fix” the community lot by putting the lost items back, does it mean that we have to do it ourselves?

Yes, and yes. Fortunately, my homeless shelter is a community space so all I had to do was switch to one of the sub lots. The sub lots were still intact, so I made copies of the damaged rooms and replaced them. But there is no way I'm traveling anywhere again until I repeal Sharing is Caring. :#

*The problem might also be the recycler trait. I won't know for sure until it's repealed.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Also check your household inventory .. I just said this in another thread but I was replacing grass with carpeting and it moved all my vertical planters and some other things to there. It scared me but I found them all so far.
    egTcBMc.png
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Wow, what a horrible feature and trait or whatever. I would hate this. It would drive me nuts for my Sims to be stealing and taking stuff from community lots where I had spent a lot of time building them. Stealing is never cool. If they want to say sharing is caring then there should have been bins and other things where it said "Free" on it. Such poor implementation of reusing the klepto trait. As far as Sims taking their own dog bowls and the player wondering where is it, I have killed Sims for a lot less. I can't stand total poorly done gameplay without a thought of the player's sanity.
    Actually, yes, this is indeed a bummer. Guess I need to wait for a mod that fixes this until I can play. I'm all for a bit of chaos, but my mild OCD loathes items getting removed from my lots uncontrollably. The klepto trait is my worst enemy. lol
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Oh wow!

This sounds really interesting :) will be interesting to see how it plays out in my game.

I have all N.A.P.s as being initiated by the player so I think it will be at an good level for me.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited June 2020
    SeanBobbyG wrote: »
    Hahaha The recycle trait it is pure chaos that’s for sure. I changed the trait of my sim in the end and have had no swiping going on now. The only thing I had To do was reappeal against the sharing is caring NAP as a sim came into my house and took my kitchen sink and another took my dining table and chairs. That’s part of the game that’s fine but sharing is not caring for me. XD leave my sink alone!

Get revenge and go to their place and steal it back! :) The thing about the Sharing Is Caring NAP is that it balances out since you can freely do the same. I hope the developers had the foresight to not have them steal family photos though! Anytime that I move a sim I immediately make sure I don't miss collecting any of their family photos so I'd hate if that happened!
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Hahaha The recycle trait it is pure chaos that’s for sure. I changed the trait of my sim in the end and have had no swiping going on now. The only thing I had To do was reappeal against the sharing is caring NAP as a sim came into my house and took my kitchen sink and another took my dining table and chairs. That’s part of the game that’s fine but sharing is not caring for me. XD leave my sink alone!

The trait description warns that there were consequences to you not recycling and they weren't lying!!! :)
  • CydeadesuCydeadesu Posts: 4 New Member
    I had my sims go on a date to a restaurant in Oasis spring. Some random other Sims stole a piano, a table and 4 chairs. Another stole wall decorations. I went up to them and introduce myself, they do not have the klepto trait. I do not currently have the sharing is caring plan in eco lifestyle either because I didn't want this to happen. Now I don't feel like going on "community" lots because they will lose all the items I've previously placed even tho I don't see how it would be logical for a Sim to swipe, steal, etc... from a "restaurant" when my own Sim don't even have the option to do so. Unless you need a specific combo with the recycling trait that we can't see from the meeting up information that displays the sims traits.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,360 Member
    I’ve purchased the dumpster and trash cans and a sofa and they all vanished. I’m playing the new eco lifestyle pack in the shipping lot. Anyone else having this issue ? Thought I was going crazy and put another dumpster down ... carried on playing and it vanished again Right before my eyes.

This happens with the weather machine as well. That was never fixed.
    So actually found out that if you go in any map, lets say in my case Oasis spring, if you click on the footprint icon at the top of the screen there are 4 different parts circling sections on the map, each zone needs a voting board, so 1 community lot, in order to see the "hidden" community traits. You cannot vote if your sims does not live in that area, but you can try to repel the current options. However, I don't think I would like to have 1 community lot per map sections, that would result in 4 community lots on 1 whole map(city) where I can't put a house. In smaller maps like forgotten hollow that's 1 too many lot.
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Happens all the time with my sim too, makes playing rags to riches so much harder!
  • KrankyKellKrankyKell Posts: 15 Member
    I had a plant in the vertical planter keep disappearing, but can still be interacted with, and one that repeatedly reverts to a seed. SO. MANY. BUGS. in this pack.
    Cydeadesu wrote: »
    I had my sims go on a date to a restaurant in Oasis spring. Some random other Sims stole a piano, a table and 4 chairs. Another stole wall decorations. I went up to them and introduce myself, they do not have the klepto trait. I do not currently have the sharing is caring plan in eco lifestyle either because I didn't want this to happen. Now I don't feel like going on "community" lots because they will lose all the items I've previously placed even tho I don't see how it would be logical for a Sim to swipe, steal, etc... from a "restaurant" when my own Sim don't even have the option to do so. Unless you need a specific combo with the recycling trait that we can't see from the meeting up information that displays the sims traits.

It's possible that that neighborhood in Oasis Springs has Sharing is Caring enabled. Does your sim live in that neighborhood or a different one?
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm... I have disabled community voting in settings. So far I have not seen anything.
    > @IceyJ said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > It's possible that that neighborhood in Oasis Springs has Sharing is Caring enabled. Does your sim live in that neighborhood or a different one?

I made a brand new sim to live in Evergreen, I just decided to travel to that restaurant I've setup in Oasis Spring. Then the evil Ted shows up as any other random sims can to the restaurant and steal stuff. So that's when I turned a house next to the restaurant into a community lot to get the voting board (mind you I was still playing with that Evergreen sim) so when I entered that lot the voting board let you "try to repel" the current options in place but you cannot vote for a new one because it says "you can only vote in your own neighborhood." So I would need a sim that lives in that area (hopefully anywhere in Oasis Spring) to be able to vote to and repel the current options.
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Lol! It’s pure chaos and I’m down for it! I’m so sorry for OP. It’s annoying but it’s right along the lines of weirdness I came to expect of The Sims! That said, does swiping stuff from the community lots mean that said item is lost forever? And if we want to “fix” the community lot by putting the lost items back, does it mean that we have to do it ourselves?

Yes, and yes. Fortunately, my homeless shelter is a community space so all I had to do was switch to one of the sub lots. The sub lots were still intact, so I made copies of the damaged rooms and replaced them. But there is no way I'm traveling anywhere again until I repeal Sharing is Caring. :#

*The problem might also be the recycler trait. I won't know for sure until it's repealed.

I had all townies from all other worlds come and vote for sharing is caring (I wanted free love) and then when I was at the community space just minding my own business, cuddling beetles, when the furniture started to disappear one after another.

And the sinks! Holy cowplant the townies and npcs really have an addiction to sinks! I think I replaced them from build mode 5 times and new npcs kept showing up and swiping them. Just marching straight to the bathroom and poof gone. And this is at the community space. My sim can’t take anything from here but townies can take whatever they want. But the worst thing is the awful invasion of townies from the other worlds. Ok fine I get it, they’re just as excited as I am to be in Port Promise 😂

I don’t have the recycle trait btw, so this is definitely a bug.
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Hmm... I have disabled community voting in settings. So far I have not seen anything.
    Oh, this can be turned off? Good to know! It's great they gave us an option. :smile:
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif

I had all townies from all other worlds come and vote for sharing is caring (I wanted free love) and then when I was at the community space just minding my own business, cuddling beetles, when the furniture started to disappear one after another.

And the sinks! Holy cowplant the townies and npcs really have an addiction to sinks! I think I replaced them from build mode 5 times and new npcs kept showing up and swiping them. Just marching straight to the bathroom and poof gone. And this is at the community space. My sim can’t take anything from here but townies can take whatever they want. But the worst thing is the awful invasion of townies from the other worlds. Ok fine I get it, they’re just as excited as I am to be in Port Promise 😂

Oh yeah, my sim's best friend stole his sink at least 8 times. I didn't realize what was happening at first, so I kept buying sinks. It's bad enough he's homeless. Who'd still from the homeless? lol

It's both the recycle trait and Sharing is Caring. Both features result in sims stealing, but SIC is much worse. I guess EA didn't think about disabling this for community lots. They should have, because the way it works now is ridiculous. I wouldn't mind if the stolen items were replaced after a few days...
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,336 Member
    JENI2810 wrote: »
    My recycler sim has just swiped her own trash can for the second time. I wouldn't mind if I could find it, though not sure if it has been converted to recycled trash, or whatever. But now I know she should be recycling more often, I'll give that a go! Just an odd item to chose, because she could have rummaged in there anyways for items to recycle!

My recycler sim has swiped her own chair almost as soon as I finished decorating her house. She doesn't have a recycling machine and the chair wasn't in her inventory. :lol:
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I noticed plants started disappearing with the hydroponic planter, so I had to report it to SimGuruNick with my save file.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yeah as it is right now I instantly repeal this when it is voted in, because it's not okay for my sim's children to steal his kitchen counters. Like, get your own, you left this house a long enough time ago for you to buy your own.
  • LadyEveLadyEve Posts: 38 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Wow, what a horrible feature and trait or whatever. I would hate this. It would drive me nuts for my Sims to be stealing and taking stuff from community lots where I had spent a lot of time building them. Stealing is never cool. If they want to say sharing is caring then there should have been bins and other things where it said "Free" on it. Such poor implementation of reusing the klepto trait. As far as Sims taking their own dog bowls and the player wondering where is it, I have killed Sims for a lot less. I can't stand total poorly done gameplay without a thought of the player's sanity.

THIS!!

I have the same problem with my community lots. It's really crazy and for me it's not funny. I built all my lots with a lot of love and spent hours by hours to create them. And now NPCs steal so many objects when 'Sharing is Caring' is active . And if I replace the stolen things it only takes some minutes and they are gone again ;(

Really - I love this addon but this bug? is incredible bad! I hope that EA will fix this as soon as possible or a modder can give us a solution.

Best regards from Austria and sorry for my poor English ;)

Eve
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,514 Member
    I have spent the last 3 days building my new community spaces so I definitely do not want them to be ransacked.

I wish the voting in-game options came in two tick boxes - one to turn off naps voting and one to turn off community space voting. I would like to keep the latter enabled but not the former.
  • LadyEveLadyEve Posts: 38 Member
    Hello all ;)

Well, I have good news regarding the problem with this NAP:

Zero made a mod against this problem with the stolen items on community lots. I tested it and for me it works perfect!

Mod name: EL - NPC Don't Swipe with Sharing is Caring

https://www.patreon.com/posts/el-npc-dont-with-38012599?utm_medium=post_notification_email&utm_source=post_link&utm_campaign=patron_engagement

I hope it will work for you, too.

Best regards from Austria

Eve
  • xx_simmer_xxxx_simmer_xx Posts: 1 New Member
    > @SeanBobbyG said:
    > I’ve purchased the dumpster and trash cans and a sofa and they all vanished. I’m playing the new eco lifestyle pack in the shipping lot. Anyone else having this issue ? Thought I was going crazy and put another dumpster down ... carried on playing and it vanished again Right before my eyes.

i dont know my tv and trash can have gone missing 5 times and im doing a rags to riches