Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Slurping bafflement

Hello lovely Sim 3 Peoples! o/

New graphics card and therefore it is time to fire up Sims 3 again to see how amazing it is. Which is it ofc, but I haven't played in ages so I loaded an old save to get my bearing again. It's all working great, except I have a very strange 'slurping' noise coming from somewhere or something, and I can't work out what it is! It's a bit annoying.

I do have some Mummy Sarcophagi dotted about and wondered if it was a Mummy expressing it's feelings from within? Is that it? And if so, how do I stop it?

What larks to be playing Sims 3 again.

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Sounds weird...have you cleared caches and tried muting and then unmuting sound effects? Does it continue if you play a different household in that same save or if you go to a different lot?
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Sometimes sounds get stuck. The most common one for me is the broken sink/shower sound or the ghost hunting music. If you use mods, a full reset from MasterController should fix it, or the Edit Town trick which is to move out your sims, bulldoze the lot and move them in again.
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Slurping... Could be the sound of indoor puddles drying up. You could try to make a puddle and let it dry up by itself. That should trigger the sound effect and maybe correct the glitch. Or maybe it isn't a glitch and you really have puddles? Sloppy sims leave puddles in the bathroom all the time after taking a bath or a shower.

If you don't have sloppy sims and none of the suggestions above works you could replace all the plumbing items, including the dishwasher, and see if that helps.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    Yup, @Cororon is right, everytime the game autonomously removes a puddle I can hear a distinct slurping sound effect, but it's not continuous, it stops as soon as the puddle is gone, which only takes 1-1.5 seconds, or something like that.
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Did you solve the problem?
    cUrfGkA.gif