Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Indoor Swimming Pools in Winter

The one thing that has bugged me is why indoor swimming pools cannot be used in Winter. They are indoors and surely shouldn't be effected by the winter cold, ice and snow etc. Whenever my Sim goes to the Harbor Quarter Gym in Winter the pool is unusable for Powerhouse group meetings. I can understand that pools outside freeze over but not indoor ones. :/

Comments

• Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    that is sims 4 logic for you.
  • Options
    PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    Even installing a room stat makes no difference, I wish they would address this issue. We can put plants undercover why not swimming pools too! I am now wondering if putting a pool in a glass house on a community lot makes any difference. Has anyone done this or built a swimming pool indoors on a residential lot? Is this the same as a community lot in Winter?
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    There is a new lot trait from EL that seemingly affects pools.

Geothermal
    Natural heating lowers utility bills by generating power, and keeps any pools warm.
  • Options
    danceswithchaosdanceswithchaos Posts: 95 Member
    The one thing that has bugged me is why indoor swimming pools cannot be used in Winter. They are indoors and surely shouldn't be effected by the winter cold, ice and snow etc. Whenever my Sim goes to the Harbor Quarter Gym in Winter the pool is unusable for Powerhouse group meetings. I can understand that pools outside freeze over but not indoor ones. :/

I built a pool in the basement of the library in the Uni town so my mermaids would always have somewhere to swim. They haven't had any issues freezing or being cold when using it in winter. I have not checked since the patch or latest update though.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

Other than "Swim laps", Can't use an indoor pool for swimming. Weird thing is, can swim laps in an outdoor pool during a blizzard, heh heh!
    Seem like it shouldn't be too difficult to fix. Like growing plants "indoors" all you need it a roof. Even hovering way up a few levels. Also counts as "indoors" for Sims.

P.S. Apparently you can use the toys too even in an outdoor pool in winter like the diving board.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    After numerous pools indoors, I have started using Geothermal lot trait and just build them outdoors. It seems they can swim outdoors easier than swimming indoors, weird.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2021
    It's the same with plants. If the weather is to cold it won't let them be planted in doors, it makes no sense really.
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    This issue is so annoying. I had this once when my sims lived in the penthouse in San Myshuno, they couldn't use the indoor pool because it was snowing, outside.. 🤦
  • Options
    StartUpGeniusStartUpGenius Posts: 135 Member
    It is also annoying how Sims with Iceproof reward trait still get uncomfortable from freezing temp
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Sounds like a bug to me. Indoor pools shouldn't be effected by winter weather es9if your sim has the heat on inside.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm only briefly in here because I'm in the middle of something else but I actually know the answer to this. Swimming pools do work inside in winter. The pool at the Harbor Quarter Gym is actually outside because the roof is open. That's why you can't use it in the winter in its original state. If you were to put a glass roof up, you would be able to use it in the winter. Windenburg is cold and snowy in the winter. I know that it almost looks like it is an indoor pool but it is not. Some of the other worlds have hot days in the winter during which you can swim outdoors such as the desert worlds and Sulani.

I have multiple indoor pools that sims use in winter. Among those that I have added include: an indoor pool in the Fontainebleau Penthouse in the Arts Quarter of San Myshuno that has glass walls to see the city; an indoor pool in a massive gym that I reconstructed in Oasis Springs where I let sims from different worlds visit in winter for swimming; the gym in Del Sol Valley has a pre-made indoor pool. It's not quite the subject but I added an outdoor pool to the gym in Willow Creek and various outdoor pools in some of the worlds.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @PrincessrozeeS I think that pool is only partially indoors. I've seen rain and snow gather there
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    It's the same with plants. If the weather is to cold it won't let them be planted in doors, it makes no sense really.

I have a large greenhouse with plants growing year round just fine. The only time I've seen them dormant is if I moved them inside from outside during the winter, but after a few days they woke up.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01