Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play with aging on or off?

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    On and off depending where I am in rotation.
    Unfortunately I can go to a lot and find my sims have aged up anyway.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    In between..not really sure honestly
    I need the control. I want the aging as a generational player and I don't mind my Sims aging or dying but it has to be on my terms. My settings is aging on for the household I am playing in but off for the rest of the world. I play on the longest lifespan but the birthdays or the end of each lifespan doesn't necessarily dictate that my Sims have to age. I even sometimes age my Sims before its their time (especially babies and toddlers). Sims that are homeless and NPCs also get to age but I do it manually for each Sim. Some don't get to age though. If they aren't good friends or otherwise connected to my housed Sims.
  • ShaghayeghyzShaghayeghyz Posts: 23 Member
    edited June 2020
    I used to play with aging off for 8 months and I got kinda tired,now I want premades to grow and have babies and I really want to see what their babies gonna look like :)
    So it has been a month that I turn the aging on,on the first day of spring (season installed) and after that day, I again turn it off until the next spring....in this way they won't age up so fast :)
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Pfft..no! I want my sims to live forever
    I usually play with ageing off and age my sims up when/if I want to. I get ridiculously attached to my sims and I also like to take my time with playing out their stories. My main sim is a vampire anyway though so I will always have him.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Other:
    aging is off until i'm ready.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Aging for the active sims only. Every now and then I turn it on for the unplayed sims so they can age a bit.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Yes..it's a part of the circle of life
    I only turn off aging during university.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,183 Member
    Only turn it off during College. I mean really, taking three weeks out of my Sim's life just to get that degree? Sims barely live past 6 weeks! Other than that, I play with aging on.
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    Other:
    The only time I play with aging off is when my sims go to Uni, other than that its on.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I usually play with aging on, but I've recently been turning it off a lot. I play rotationally, so sometimes I just want to focus on 1 household, so I turn aging off. Especially with University I've had to turn aging off. I'll turn back aging on when I'm ready for all my households to age.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Aging off - my Sims age up when I am ready for them to do so.

Premades who are related by marriage to my Sims (like Mortimer & Bella Goth) get added to the aging-up attention, and Sims my Sims know well may get hit with it as well (I gave Summer Holiday an Elder make-over, when my Founders retired to Elderdom).

• ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Other:
    its on but generally i have it on a long life cycle. would love to see a setting between normal and long though.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Other:
    Yes, but with a custom age span via MCCC
  • PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    Other:
    Depends on what I am doing in my game. I like the challenge of keeping my Sims going for as long as possible but if I am exploring new things in the game I like to turn it off to find out as much as possible. One of the things I like about playing a legacy game from time to time as my Sims have a shorter life span and I get to see other things in the game I probably wouldn't see. I always keep the neighborhood Sims turned off and only use my current household if I am playing with ageing on.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’ve never played with it on and never will.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • NyxLunaStarNyxLunaStar Posts: 27 Member
    I play with aging off, I don't want any of them aging until I'm ready for them to age. It would mess up my plans for each of them if I had aging on.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited June 2020
    I never turn the aging on because I don't want the inactive residents die by old age as I don't use MCC in my game. Whole town will be filled with randomly generated sims. I'm always able to control my active families but unplayed residents. Another reason I turn the aging off is the life span is too short for me. I turn the aging on in TS3 has more choice with long life span.
  • emma_leeemma_lee Posts: 18 Member
    Yes..it's a part of the circle of life
    I always play with aging on!
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Things don't happen until I say so in my game. Meaning if someone needs to age up according to me, they will do so by cake and following my instructions.

Same.
    I treat Sims 4 like my own soap opera so having ageing on would be problematic.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I turn it on and off. Sometimes I use mods for extra long lifespans.

My sims ARE aging, but I've played over 1000 hours in 3.5 years with the same family and the first generation of kids have just now reached young adult. (And that,even just the oldest ones. there's still teens/kids/tots in the families too.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Other:
    I play "aging active household only".
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I misclicked, should have been other. :|

I played on the Epic lifespan when I played Sims 3. When I started playing Sims 4 and building up my households, I played on Long and got a notice that one of my sims in another household was going to die of old age soon. I really liked that sim but hadn't gotten to do enough with them and I got MCCC. So I started to play a custom lifespan that was pretty long. And then Seasons came out with custom holidays and all, so now lifespan is so long, aging might as well be off. While I'd like to have some progression, I also don't want to miss out on too much while I go through my rotation of households and neighborhoods.

2912 days from birth to death, excluding long lived and active traits. With 28 day seasons, a seasonal year is equivalent to 3 actual years.

Baby (1-2): 75 days
    Toddler (2-6): 149 days
    Child (6-12): 224 days
    Teen (12-18): 224 days
    Young Adult (18-39): 784 days
    Adult (39-60): 784 days
    Elder (60-78): 672 days
    Active gives an extra 291 days (85), long-lived gives 728 (97) and both is 1528 days (105).

Cats can live to be 18-25 (672-933), dogs can live to be 15-20 (260-746). I'd really like it if I could find a mod for the small pets lifespans but it's niche-niche. :\

If I only played one family, I'd probably go with 7 day seasons or a 728 day lifespan. I do really like the proportions though, since it gives more time to spend with grandparents and grandkids later on without having to rush into the next generation so fast.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited June 2020
    I can’t bear turning it on. Last time I forgot, Judith Ward got killed at my Sims house and I exited without saving.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I usually play with aging off 'till I have done what I think I wanted to do in the Sims' lifestage. Once I believe "okay, they fully experienced what I wanted them to experience in that lifestage", I turn aging on again.
    To make a long story short I age them when I'm ready.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I play with aging on. I do however have saves on long and others on normal.