Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Greek God Legacy Challenge Sims 4

CheetahAlyssaCheetahAlyssa Posts: 345 Member
edited March 7 in Nominated Threads
Generation One: The Goddess of the Hunt (Artemis/Diana)

You are Artemis, the goddess of the hunt, also known as the goddess of wild animals, wilderness, childbirth and virginity.
  • Traits: Loves Outdoors, Dog Lover, Self-Assured
  • Aspiration: Angling Ace
  • Career: None

Rules
  1. You must not have a job, you have to make money by fishing and collecting items.
  2. Have a dog with the Hunter trait, and make your dog go out to hunt.
  3. Finish your aspiration.
  4. Can never Woohoo or Try for Baby. She must adopt at least one child.
  5. Can never get married
Artemis_Diana_Greek_Goddess_Art_01_by_michael_c_hayes.jpg

Generation Two: The God of the Sun (Apollo)

You are Apollo, the god of many things, including: music, poetry, art, oracles, archery, plague, medicine, sun, light and knowledge.
  • Traits: Creative, Music Lover, Ambitious
  • Aspiration: Friend of the World
  • Career: Medicine

Rules
  1. Reach level 10 in the Medicine career.
  2. Finish your aspiration.
  3. Reach level 10 in either the Guitar or Piano skill.
  4. Have at least one child.
Apollo-Greek-God-of-The-Sun-Mythology-Symbolism-and-Facts-605x390.jpg

Generation Three: The God of the Sea (Poseidon/Neptune)

You are Poseidon, god of the sea, earthquakes, storms, and horses.
  • Traits: Loves Outdoors, Hot-Headed, Child of the Ocean.
  • Aspiration: Beach Life
  • Career: Diver (Part Time Career)

Rules
  1. Must move to Sulani when Poseidon becomes a teenager, or when he's younger if you want.
  2. You must become a mermaid (buy Mermadic Kelp from rewards menu.)
  3. Try your best (as an individual) to keep the island clean, and help improve life in Sulani.
  4. Complete your aspiration.
  5. Date at least 3 other people before settling down, and have at least one child.
poseidon-1024x6391.jpg

Generation Four: The Goddess of the Harvest (Demeter/Ceres)

You are Demeter, goddess of the harvest, who presides over grains and the fertility of the earth.
  • Traits: Loves Outdoors, Vegetarian, Perfectionist
  • Aspiration: Freelance Botanist
  • Career: Gardening

Rules
  1. As a child, be in the Scouts.
  2. Master the Gardening skill and career.
  3. Complete your Aspiration.
  4. Take care of at least three Bee Boxes.
  5. Adopt at least one child.
f9404dcf075af19d6d2ea3556f2fbe24.jpg

Generation Five: Goddess of Love (Aphrodite/Venus)

You are Aphrodite, a goddess associated with love, beauty, pleasure, and procreation
  • Traits: Romantic, Family Oriented, Outgoing
  • Aspiration: Serial Romantic
  • Career: Babysitter

Rules
  1. Complete your Aspiration.
  2. Get to level 10 of the Flower Arranging skill.
  3. Can't settle down until after you've finished the Aspiration, and you must have at least five children.
  4. Hook up at least 3 couples (*Click Sim* -> Friendly -> Other Sims -> Hook Up with...)
13882121_f520.jpg

Generation Six:The God of the Sky (Zeus/Jupiter)

You are Zeus, king of the Greek gods who lived on Mount Olympus. You are the god of the sky and thunder.
  • Traits: Hot-Headed, Jealous, Romantic
  • Aspiration: Leader of the Pack
  • Career: Astronaut

Rules
  1. Complete your Aspiration by successfully making and leading a club.
  2. Complete your career.
  3. Get married to someone, and be mean to any sim who shows any interest in her. Have at least one child with her.
  4. Secretly have affairs with other women.
  5. Get the Weather Machine, and often tamper with it.
latest?cb=20171007150615

Generation Seven:The God of the Underworld (Hades/Pluto)

You are Hades, god of the underworld, the name eventually came to also describe the home of the dead as well.
  • Traits: Materialistic, Evil, Self-Assured
  • Aspiration: Public Enemy
  • Career: Criminal

Rules
  1. Complete your Aspiration and the Criminal career.
  2. Be friends with at least three ghosts.
  3. Other than ghosts, you can only be close to one person.
  4. Pretend to be really nice to someone and eventually propose, but after the marriage start being very mean to them. That sim will be forced to stay in the marriage for as long as you want.
  5. Have at least one child, either with the person described above, or someone else.
f73f0adffaa00c92b8b6332a5598edb8.jpg

Generation Eight:The God of Trade (Hermes/Mercury)

You are Hermes, the god of trade, heraldry, merchants, commerce, roads, thieves, trickery, sports, travelers, and athletes
  • Traits: Kleptomaniac, Active, Creative
  • Aspiration: Chief of Mischief
  • Career: Athletic

Rules
  1. Complete Aspiration and Career.
  2. Reach level 10 writing skill.
  3. Every time the Flea Market is in town, attend and both buy and sell items.
  4. Have at least one child, either adopted or with another sim.
DfePPQzW4AAXW7r.jpg

Generation Nine:God of Fire (Hephaestus/Vulcan)

You are Hephaestus, god of fire, metalworking, stone masonry, forges and the art of sculpture
  • Traits: Perfectionist, Genius, Loner
  • Aspiration: Nerd Brain
  • Career: Retail Store (Selling Works from Woodworking Table)

Rules
  1. He is much less attractive than the other "imperfect" gods.
  2. Complete Aspiration and get to level 10 Handiness skill.
  3. Successfully run your own Retail Store by selling your work from the woodworking table.
  4. Have an unhappy marriage.
  5. Have at least one child.
latest?cb=20121229084029

Generation 10:The Goddess of Wisdom (Athena/Minerva)

You are Athena, the goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilization, law and justice, strategic warfare, mathematics, strength, strategy, the arts, crafts, and skill.
  • Traits: Genius, Self-Assured, Ambitious
  • Aspiration: Renaissance Sim
  • Career: Painter, Politics, Law Enforcement

Rules
  1. Get to lvl. 3 in the Painter career, quit and then get to lvl. 3 in the Politics career, quit and then get to lvl. 10 in the Law Enforcement career.
  2. Complete Aspiration.
  3. Reach level 10 Painting and Logic skill.
  4. Never give birth, but you can adopt a child and keep going if you wish.
2bf5b7d5999926b58acb0441a9a9c352--greek-gods-and-goddesses-greek-mythology.jpg
A Part Of The Journey Is The End
original.gif
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• CheetahAlyssaCheetahAlyssa Posts: 345 Member
    edited January 2020
    I hope you guys try out this challenge and have some fun with it. I just have a few notes I would like to write, and also some optional mods you can add to make the challenge more interesting.

Note
    • If you don't have a pack needed for one of the generations, just do it to the best of your ability!
    • You don't have to stick too closely to the rules, if you want to change some to make the experience better then go ahead.
    • I KNOW that there are a lot of siblings and children/parents on here, but if I were to stick that closely to actual Greek mythology it would be a mess. I want it to just focus on one god at a time. Plus, do you see how many children each god has? Hell no.
    Post edited by CheetahAlyssa on
    original.gif
  • Search_BeyondSearch_Beyond Posts: 5 New Member
    This sounds so cool! I absolutely love the idea of a challenge inspired by Greek/Roman gods since I've always found mythology to be fascinating.
  • SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    Nice idea/theme to build a legacy on! I've also always been fascinated by the Greek/Roman mythology, so I'm going to save the rules & follow this thread, hoping to play this legacy in the future! :)
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
  • Wagashi_MasterWagashi_Master Posts: 608 Member
    I think I'll try this after the Disney Princess Challenge.
    1b50d0714006f57e46f0a4530649b643.gif
    edited July 2019
    I have updated this challenge to improve the Poseidon generation, now that we have Island Living.

If you don't have Island Living, then have him swim everyday, and make him have a successful seafood restaurant. Give him the trait Kleptomaniac (instead of Child of the Ocean) and give him the aspiration Mansion Baron.

If you do have Island Living, I hope you enjoy this update!

original.gif
  • EmschmemEmschmem Posts: 84 Member
    This challenge looks pretty fun!! Wishing I had more EPs just so I could play it to the fullest
  • PurpleTearsPurpleTears Posts: 1 New Member
    I am looking forward to this challenge, I have done Artemis already. On to the next generations. For Poseidon and Demeter, they mention moving as a teen(Gen3) being in scouts as child (Gen4) so I wondered if this was supposed to have all the sims in one household but the max is 8 sims. How would you suggest doing those generations?
  • IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    This challenge is really cool! I love Greek mythology, can’t wait to try it!
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Am currently playing an "Atlantis" themed storyline with Poseidon, so this challenge looks fantastic. I am busily researching all info as I write my story so find everything you have set out in this fascinating, well done @CheetahAlyssa , looks like a great challenge to try out!
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    I am looking forward to this challenge, I have done Artemis already. On to the next generations. For Poseidon and Demeter, they mention moving as a teen(Gen3) being in scouts as child (Gen4) so I wondered if this was supposed to have all the sims in one household but the max is 8 sims. How would you suggest doing those generations?

For Generation 3, it'll probably depend on if you have completed the previous generation. If you have by the time Poseidon becomes a teen, then you can probably just move him out. If you have not finished Generation 3 by this time, than you should probably move the whole household to Sulani. As for the max amount of sims being 8, as long as you don't have your sims have a ton of kids you should be fine. If you do make your sims have a lot of kids, then just be sure to move the others (that are not the heir) out when they are able to. The only people you ever NEED to have in your active household are any of the heirs whose generations you have not finished.

For being a scout as a child in Generation 4, I'm afraid I don't understand what your question is about this. It shouldn't have anything to do with the household having a maximum of 8 sims.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the challenge!

original.gif
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I love how each generations goals and aspirations really represents the character of the Greek deity it represents. This sounds a lot of fun.
  • JackNathanialJackNathanial Posts: 1 New Member
    Why does everyone dump on Hades? Pers loved him. He treated her like an equal. If anything he's one of the better deities.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    How did I miss this? Looks very fun! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • CrissklainestarsCrissklainestars Posts: 3 New Member
    I’m actually on generation two of this. I’m taking a laid back more modern approach so I’m playing on long (so I can actually accomplish everything) Apollo recently aged up into a Young Adult and is well on his way to becoming a world renowned doctor. He is friends with half the town at this point and I’m having fun figuring out who I want his baby mama to be. I’m thinking someone from Sulani just so for storyline sake it makes sense that Posiden wants to move there and I’m thinking Apollo will have two kids but that all could change will see who he jives with and where the game takes me.
  • HarleyQuinn8574HarleyQuinn8574 Posts: 6 New Member
    This is amazing! I love the greek myths so I will definitely have to play this!
  • AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
    This looks fun! Adding it to my list of future challenges to play :)
    i have a couple questions, sorry it's so annoying, i only have a few packs haha.
    i don't have gtw so what job should i give apollo?
    i also don't have island living, so you said for poseidon to swim everyday and have a seafood restaurant. i don't have dine out either haha, so would it work to have him eat fish everday instead of having a restaurant?
    [quote="HarleyQuinn8574;c-17528657"]i have a couple questions, sorry it's so annoying, i only have a few packs haha.
    i also don't have island living, so you said for poseidon to swim everyday and have a seafood restaurant. i don't have dine out either haha, so would it work to have him eat fish everday instead of having a restaurant?[/quote]

also what job should i give poseidon?
    sorry again and thanks in advance! it's an amazing challenge btw!
    i have a couple questions, sorry it's so annoying, i only have a few packs haha.
    i also don't have island living, so you said for poseidon to swim everyday and have a seafood restaurant. i don't have dine out either haha, so would it work to have him eat fish everday instead of having a restaurant?

Don't worry, it's not annoying at all! For Apollo, I feel like becoming a musician in the Entertainment career would probably be best. For Poseidon what you said would probably be fine to do. It's hard to say for his career since none of them really fit, but i'd say maybe Secret Agent? Or maybe Culinary if you want to go further with seafood stuff.
    original.gif
  • yahzmockyahzmock Posts: 1 New Member
    hello! i really like greek mythology, i find your challenge very interesting and pretty realistic!
    do you know if it has been translated to french? otherwise i’d be happy to do it 🥰
  • Ladybug9524Ladybug9524 Posts: 1 New Member
    Just found this challenge and already love it haven't started it yet. So for the first generation is Artemis homeless? or did you build a home for her?
  • Ariel_DraculaAriel_Dracula Posts: 9 New Member
    Starting this one today. I'll post a pic of my Artemis as soon as I figure out how. I'm on PS4, so it's not as easy as just taking as screen shot. BTW, if anyone wants to make potential love interests/partners for my sims in this challenge so I'm not stuck with townies, it's #greekgodsgodesses. I already posted my Artemis to the gallery. I will post updates when important/interesting things happen as well, and if I use your sim creations in my game at all, I'll showcase them and give credit where it is due.
  • pameler417pameler417 Posts: 51 Member
    Okay 100% starting this right now. with the new gender and orientation options I made her not romantically exploring or interested in woohoo! I added some likes for fishing and things too!
  • pameler417pameler417 Posts: 51 Member
    pameler417 wrote: »
    Okay 100% starting this right now. with the new gender and orientation options I made her not romantically exploring or interested in woohoo! I added some likes for fishing and things too!

so much fun so far! Artemis went by so quick. Apollo is much more difficult! It's keeping me hooked!
  • catforqueencatforqueen Posts: 2 New Member
    I love love LOVE this challenge, but it was bugging me that it's not all 12 of the main Greek pantheon, so I came up with potential rules for Hera and Dionysus!

Hera:
    Traits: jealous, family oriented, self-assured
    Aspiration: Successful Lineage
    Career: Stay-at-home Parent
    Rules:
    1) Complete aspiration
    2) Have at least 2 children
    3) Marry a non-committal Sim
    4) Have a negative relationship with spouse's other offspring

Dionysus:
    Traits: goofball, party animal, glutton
    Aspiration: Master Mixologist