Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Do You Rate Eco Lifestyle After You've Played???

Comments

• PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    Eh. I've found very little to enjoy.
    I pre ordered as soon as announced as it had a new world, however after seeing live stream I knew the world was not for me but liked that it had a lot of gameplay objects. As I do not want the effects in other worlds I turned them off, but turns out the first vote is already started so will go ahead whether you vote or not. So the Goth neighborhood in Willow Creek is now Foodies United. Bella lets herself into my house to make cakes, I have no idea of her cooking skill and do not want her to burn my house down. I purchased my sim a Dumpster to go diving for the objects in there after 4 played weeks, the only option is still to nap, so seems the options are lost when disabling effects in worlds, as in the live stream they had one in a garden and used it, yet in my game nap is the only option.

After relising things where not working the way I was expecting I started a new game again, I did want to see what an industrial neighborhood would look like at least once I so moved a sim to port promise, I disabled the npc voting but had to leave effects on for the smog. Despite the board showing all neighborhood plans at 0 votes , bags on head won. The neighborhood has 2 dumpsters, that is the only things available with out a loading screen. I sent my sim to the community lot as every thing on my sims lot was broken, but could not interact with the 2 objects there ( a dumpster and a recycler) as the game had already reserved them for other sims had to wait more than 2 hours for Ted and his wife to arrive from Strangevile to woohoo in the dumpster, after they had finished his wife was then allowed to dumpster dive canceling my queued actions again. The recycler was hogged by the Tinker woman after she finally arrived.

I have yet to try the fizz or candle making as lack of money, downside to new sims and saves. Once I feel its safe to use my old saves will try things again and my opinion may change but after several hours of playthrough I was looking forward to I am currently disappointed.
  • l0keyrosel0keyrose Posts: 71 Member
    I enjoy it! It's a good pack
    I like it! Only the thing is sometimes things bug like showering in the rain! But dw you won't regret!
  • Acarolina07Acarolina07 Posts: 8 New Member
    I absolutely love it! What a stellar addition to the game!
    It's amazing, I like everything in it. I'm so happy I got it. Definitely one of my favourite packs
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    I love it! It has new and fresh Ideas. I actually feel very exited to get back to play again after a break. This might be my new favorite because it just has so much fun things to do and exiting skills and all those will be fun to do in all my saves not just one.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I find it average and OK.
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I kinda wish we also had a neutral version of that hair without the braids parts. Or with braids that are the same color as the hair.
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    I just started, but the CAS is the best. I'm in love with the detail and variety of the hair. Clothing is so Eco Lifestyle. I can't say enough about how much I'm enjoying this pack; plus, I love this hair. Great job EA and all those who collaborated to bring this pack to life. Thank you so much. <3

Capture-6.jpgCapture-5.jpg

WOW she's amazing <3 Loving the hair.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    It's too early for my final rating but I am having a ton of fun! I will come back to rate it later but think it'll be very positive.

One thing though: this has got to be the worst male CAS ever 😂 like srsly who wears that?!! The female CAS is really cool though, works super well on some of my more chilly, crafty sims.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    One thing though: this has got to be the worst male CAS ever 😂 like srsly who wears that?!! The female CAS is really cool though, works super well on some of my more chilly, crafty sims.

I agree. The female CAS is gorgeous but the male CAS is a bit underwhelming, namely the clothes. I mostly play male sims and this came as a little bit of a disappointment to me. But the overall pack is great so far. I'm not gonna let that cloud my judgement too much. :smiley:

giphy.gif
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I agree. The female CAS is gorgeous but the male CAS is a bit underwhelming, namely the clothes. I mostly play male sims and this came as a little bit of a disappointment to me. But the overall pack is great so far. I'm not gonna let that cloud my judgement too much. :smiley:

Yeah I mean, why are all their clothes so oddly cut short? :joy: I mean, just no. Also really disappointed since there's nothing there for my fav male sim :( Except the shoes. The shoes are great!

And while it's true that a lot of the female CAS works a liiitle bit less well on sims with a little more weight, this one sim I made a while back looks gorgeous in it (but then again, I feel this sim could wear the actual dumpster and she'd still look cool :D)
    dpEIPMa.png
    oj81Ssf.png
    WQxfgZi.png
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    I love it! My favorite thing is the railyard! The scenery is wonderful. I like the little rats crawling around. I've played almost all day and have barly scratched the surface. There's so much to do!
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    This is just my first impression. Maybe I will like it more later. My play style is very slow and it's going to take some time until I really know what I think about it, but right now it seems okay.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I like it so far. The main appeal to me is the possibility of making pollution. But it turns out it is very hard to make pollution and the industrial footprint score behaves weirdly. There are way too many Eco items and activities but not enough industrial ones.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    It's terrible. I think it's one the worst packs we have so far.
    It’s my day off and I was bored so I downloaded it, I planned to get it in a sale. I wish I had listened to my gut instinct this is not the pack for me at all. I find it so boring and do not get the hype. The cas is horrid. The eco footprint seems broken in my game I put loads of eco stuff in my builds only for it to go industrial and when I decide to cheat a load of neighbourhoods then use the pause opt out it wipes it clear so it has no effect. Also the community lots have no sims on them. The most fun I have had is renovating a few of the builds that come with the pack. For me personally it’s my 2nd worst pack and only closely behind get to work and only because the bb items are decent in this pack and I do like the idea of nap. Maybe mine has a lot of bugs attached to it I don’t know. How I feel about this pack is how a lot of simmers felt last year with island living.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I agree that the footprint system is buggy. But it will be fixed. The idea is great and once fixed it will be fun.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited June 2020
    I love this pack a lot. I am continuing playing my test sim to explore this game and will slowly add back in mods and CC with this game. I have only 2 things I don't like in the pack. One I can't do anything with apartment balconies in Evergreen Harbour like create a green space. My sim lives in an apartment but I can't place verticle planters on the balcony that seems like it should be a part of her apartment. Rather it's not usable and just adds aesthetics. As someone who loves to build, I would love that option. In San Myshuno Balconies are useable space but from what I can tell that isn't the case with Evergreen Harbour's apartments. Also, I would love the option to see trash on the ground even without any community initiative be able to clean it up. Those really are the only issues I have. I had been working on my sims skills and aspirations for the past few days. I removed my mods folder on the second to prepare for the updates. Today I am working on the eco aspirations. It's a different experience to see how sims emotions are around my sim without any custom traits like Aphrodite and Apollo traits. See how they would naturally be without any broadcasters to influence their behaviour. I'm going to wait a few days at least before I

I have noticed a few bugs like I cannot access my community library. It says it's missing but I haven't removed anything with a library file from my game. Lights seem to stay on and they don't turn off automatically.

I love that my sim can vote and since the second I've been working on gaining celebrity status for her too not sure how it would affect with her desire to fix Evergreen Harbour. I don't normally play vanilla and miss the mods I use however I am doing a test game to find the problems in the game and I don't want the mods to be a factor in why something is happening that could be bad.

I normally don't preorder or even buy a pack when it first comes out. I usually wait to see what the reviews everyone has on it and I might think at first its the most [Edited by EA_Mai to remove not allowed word] thing they have come up with to date. Then I find things in the pack I like. This time around I let my husband know I was going to preorder this expansion pack and I don't have any regrets at all. I'll continue playing this pack in the new world. I think I might play in the world in future games but it won't be a place I will choose first necessarily. Usually, I play in San Myshuno or Forgotten Hollow as a Vampire or spellcaster or some kind of Vampire Hybrid. San Myshuno I admit is my go-to place to chose for my sims to live in.

I genuinely love this pack. I haven't noticed any new illness because of the pollution but I can't really be a judge of that until I play the game a bit more. I can add a lot of stuff into my sims backstory with her living there. Maybe the water became so polluted at one time that it caught on fire. Maybe acid rain is so bad that slightly burns the skin when it rains. I look forward to seeing what mods come out for this pack.

This really is interesting to see how it plays out.

[Edited by EA_Mai - removing off-topic quote from another thread before merging here]
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I've been playing non stop and the ideas keep coming about what sim characters to use different parts of it with. When the backdrops of the grit will look best and when to clean up the place. I've been hearing about areas getting better without help but I figure if I want the neighborhood to stay bad I'll have to go into every lot and give them a pretty big industrial footprint. I've tried the bug things, fizzy juice making (and some results), vertical gardens some recycling and composting. The voting process and results are fun to me. I have so many things I want to try but my sim only has so much time in the day.
    I've enjoyed folding gameplay into it (or the other way around). I would say it's one of my top three EP's if I were rating them and I haven't even experienced everything yet but I think that I'm so gung-ho to play with everything says a lot for me.
    I have so much I want to play out with this pack! I love the feel of the world I'm living in also. Not sure how long it will take to get cleaned up but liking the grit. I started a new character briefly to check out the apartments and really happy they are lower to the ground and don't play out like the apartments in City Living.
    There is a lot to love here for me.
    egTcBMc.png
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I enjoy it so far. A big plus is that there are quite a few places in the new world to live in, a couple of new fun aspirations, recycling, etc. Mesa like! :)
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I'm really enjoying it, my crickets sure are needy lol, but there's so much to do and find, I'm really enjoying it alot
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Same as my opinion of most other packs. It's not bad, but it's not my particular style of play or something that interests me, so I don't care much for it.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    I just started, but the CAS is the best. I'm in love with the detail and variety of the hair. Clothing is so Eco Lifestyle. I can't say enough about how much I'm enjoying this pack; plus, I love this hair. Great job EA and all those who collaborated to bring this pack to life. Thank you so much. <3

Capture-6.jpgCapture-5.jpg

This is one of the most beautiful sims l ever seen <3
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    I admit, I was apprehensive about this pack. But l am a sims addict and l feel like l have to buy all the packs, so l ended up buying it lol. I do love it. There is alot to do, and it seems like my sims stays busy.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    What I liked 😁: I really like the idea of the pack. I had a lot of fun playing Evergreen Harbour. There’s good storytelling options.
    I loved the lot with the crane on it. Dumpster diving. The new Harris family I played were funny. Living off the grid is challenging but I like that.

What I disliked 🤔: The only things I didn’t like were most of the houses are plain.
    There’s 15 new lots but the world from above looks sparse somehow.
    (I know three of lots are community venues that you can change with voting, 2 are apartment lots, one bar etc)

It’s a pity you can’t live on one of the boats seen in world view. I would love one of my Sims to live in shipwreck.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I love this pack even after discovering a couple of minor disappointments I am sure the modding community will fix in a week or so. Ninety percent of my mods have been updated already, thanks to those great creators working tirelessly to get that done so quickly, then add in the fact I am not going through the pain that came with Island Living, and I'm a happy Simmer. I have no doubt many of the new features will become my favorite ones to play with for a long time. The way this pack ties into other packs is exactly what I was hoping to see. I was accused of spoiling my granddaughters and was told I can't buy anything else for them until their birthdays because I kinda added Tiny Living to Eco Lifestyle for them. In my defense, I played the Grandma card and demanded to see a copy of the contract stating I am not allowed to buy gifts for my grandbabies unless I clear each purchase with a parent of said grandchild. Talk about taking the fun out of being a grandparent. LOL It was all in good fun. No one's feelings were hurt. And I haven't hugged any of them for months so just hearing them so excited and happy made my year. Maxis, I cannot thank you enough for this pack. You made four special girls and their grandma very happy. <3
  • KrankyKellKrankyKell Posts: 15 Member
    Eh. I've found very little to enjoy.
    Spent all of my sim's spare time talking to townies to get their vote on the Neighbourhood Action Plan and it still didn't win. There's no way that's sustainable while pursing a hobby or career building. And there's SO. MANY. BUGS. Really unimpressed.
  • Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    First of all I LOVE the new clothes, and my first neighborhood vote was about limiting water, so the water in my house is shut off for 12 hours, I love how the neighborhood effects add gameplay and impact my sims lives, I noticed the graphics have enriched, I have only been to the new neighborhood once but seeing plastic fly around a nice little touch I didn’t know I needed. Overall I’m glad I bought the game, it overall impacts my sims day to day, I don’t have to travel to utilize the features of the pact, it directly impacts my sims homes, love it.
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I love this pack even after discovering a couple of minor disappointments I am sure the modding community will fix in a week or so. Ninety percent of my mods have been updated already, thanks to those great creators working tirelessly to get that done so quickly, then add in the fact I am not going through the pain that came with Island Living, and I'm a happy Simmer. I have no doubt many of the new features will become my favorite ones to play with for a long time. The way this pack ties into other packs is exactly what I was hoping to see. I was accused of spoiling my granddaughters and was told I can't buy anything else for them until their birthdays because I kinda added Tiny Living to Eco Lifestyle for them. In my defense, I played the Grandma card and demanded to see a copy of the contract stating I am not allowed to buy gifts for my grandbabies unless I clear each purchase with a parent of said grandchild. Talk about taking the fun out of being a grandparent. LOL It was all in good fun. No one's feelings were hurt. And I haven't hugged any of them for months so just hearing them so excited and happy made my year. Maxis, I cannot thank you enough for this pack. You made four special girls and their grandma very happy. <3

Can you be my grandmother please??? That is so sweet!