Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I thin my eco footprint score is bugged

jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
So I tried very very hard to bring my industrial footprint to 90% full. I have a lot of power generators and all the dirty stuff. No matter what I do further the industrial footprint is stuck at 90%. So I used cheat to bring it up to full industrial level and rapidly it is dropping back to neutral. I would have thought it should drop back to 90% but nope it dropped and dropped.

I think this is a bug ?! Anyone else tried this ?

Comments

• jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I should add I am playing Britechester. And yea it dropped all the way to neutral! It is definitely a bug !
  • gypsophila50gypsophila50 Posts: 5 New Member
    Yes, it is the same to me. In Port Promise I have nothing done to increase the öko friendly footprint, but the green footprint raises all alone. It is far to easy to raise the green footprint.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Bare in mind that the wall, floors, etc of all the houses in the neighbourhood now have a footprint. You may need to go in to each build and choose less green options. This is something I plan to play around with in the next few days.
    Yes, it is the same to me. In Port Promise I have nothing done to increase the öko friendly footprint, but the green footprint raises all alone. It is far to easy to raise the green footprint.

It is good to know others face the same problem. I think this needs to be fixed.

Also the power generators sound like bees :)
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    If this is a bug make sure you report it so hopefully it can be fixed :). I’m still experimenting myself with the eco footprint since it seems not everything is labeled in buy mode whether it’s industrial or green.
  • gypsophila50gypsophila50 Posts: 5 New Member
    I hope it will be fixed unless this intended. Or at least with a mod. I was looking forward to play once in a more dirty world. Sims 4 world are a little bit to clean to me on the long run.
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    My sim family live in Willow Creek. Despite them having solar panels, turbines and a dew collector it didn't make a huge difference so
    I went to build buy in the neighbours houses and added those things to their homes.The neighbourhood is now green and it didn't cost me a penny :D
    My sim family live in Willow Creek. Despite them having solar panels, turbines and a dew collector it didn't make a huge difference so
    I went to build buy in the neighbours houses and added those things to their homes.The neighbourhood is now green and it didn't cost me a penny :D

I will try to add generators in other households. Problem is you need to add fuel to turn it up not just plop it down and it just works like solar panel.
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    bI4w1tz.png
    Added generators pretty much in almost all lots in the hood. The industrial footprint is still stuck. I really hope someone can somehow manage to do it.
    So I added really a lot of generators everywhere and I have to visit each lot and stay for a few days for the industrial footprint to go up. Finally I got it to full industrial level ! Once I got the industrial status the bar dropped instantly to just 20% and the arrow is going back to green. I gave up ! I think it is very very buggy.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I'm also having problem with this. I casually played two days in port promise and the eco footprint was rapidly going green even though I didn't do anything to help it, rather the opposite. Looking at the neighbourhood there are three lots with industrial footprint and two neutral. Sure it shouldn't be changing to green at that pace?
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    So I added really a lot of generators everywhere and I have to visit each lot and stay for a few days for the industrial footprint to go up. Finally I got it to full industrial level ! Once I got the industrial status the bar dropped instantly to just 20% and the arrow is going back to green. I gave up ! I think it is very very buggy.

It sounds like they definitely need to tweak it! It shouldn't be that difficult to make it polluted. I hope more people report it so they can fix it.

• rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    I'm having the exact same bug in the opposite direction--no matter what I do, I can't get my neutral hoods to go even slightly green and when I go into Grimm's Quarry it drops rapidly to neutral within the first two days, even if all the building materials are green. I reported this as a "can't move from neutral" bug, but it sounds like it's more than that. It seems like it's an intense pressure to go to neutral regardless of what the player does.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I'm having this problem too but the opposite. Every time I make a neighborhood green it drops rapidly to neutral.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    its a bug on either side. it will go so far to the green or industrial then stop at 90%. im not happy i cant change anything out of just normal. its really annoying. makes the whole point in the pack irrelevant.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    Anyone who is having this issue, please go to the now-combined bug thread on EA's tech support forum here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-Issues-with-Eco-Footprint-Changes/td-p/9180818 and click the "Me too" button. The more people who report, the quicker we might get a fix.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Not happening in my game, the game sometimes still randomly decreasing the footprint or increasing, and I have fairshare of eco friendly and industrial oriented objects in my house, but the game is more inclined towards industrial footprint.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2020
    They just missing one of the the things that can send the Industrial footprint sky high and that is cars/trucks, throw in some real gas guzzlers and up goes pollution. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Same problems here. I wanted to pollute Foundry Cove in Willow Creek because it’s so close to all that industrial stuff and the train tracks, so I went into each house and added eco unfriendly build material, which was hard because a lot of them aren’t labeled one way or the other. I started with at least one fireplace in each home because they industrial 5, then generators at industrial 7, but nothing budged it. I finally cheated it up but it’s falling again even though I haven’t done anything yet.

Also does anyone know how long it takes the landfill lot trait to start generating trash? I put that on one lot in the neighborhood and placed a dumpster there but so far nothing. It’s been two in game days since I did it.
    @Pamtastic72 I think the landfill lot will only gather stuff when you are there visiting. I saw many sims come and drop trash. It is quite fun.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I was told other buildings in neighborhood have to be green or industrial too to work right. I went into manage worlds and fixed the other buildings even Comm Space and Bar to be so eco green and it helped, tho when I visit another town or world it tries to change to neutral, sometimes it fixes but sometimes it doesn't, so def a bug there
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    @Pamtastic72 I think the landfill lot will only gather stuff when you are there visiting. I saw many sims come and drop trash. It is quite fun.

Oh, okay well I will take my sim there once I sit down to play. It’s all experimental at this point. Thanks. 🙂
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Also does anyone know how long it takes the landfill lot trait to start generating trash? I put that on one lot in the neighborhood and placed a dumpster there but so far nothing. It’s been two in game days since I did it.

No idea, but did you play the lot actively? I get the impression that much content is based on the time a lot is played actively. Like it's not changing much to just add stuff in build mode, it also takes usage to make impact. Which makes sense.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg