Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 962 Member
    edited June 2020
    I fell asleep five minutes before 11 pm last night but awoke at 1-something and set Origin to downloading Ecoliving. This morning I woke up at six to see what it was like. I wanted to use a family I made two years ago who would be ideal for this, but was aghast to find that they weren't in my library. Fortunately, the save file from when I first made them was...and miracle of miracles, it worked! The savefile is called "Red-neck & Hippie", and it's a reproduction of a family I made in The Sims 3. I'll probably be playing them for a bit, so let's have some introductions.

2pfKjLC.jpg
    First, meet Neil Hardie. Neil is the ultimate DIY dude, a prepper who believes in staying off the grid and minding his own business. He's a master chef and handyman devoted to his family. He lives in the family home, way out in the country, and enjoys fishing and shooting. (The latter part is just imagination, but I do have a rifle deco object hanging around..)

Kply84L.jpg

Now enter Annalise Waeger, a college grad passionate about saving the environment, fighting for justice, and living as green as possible. Although she and Neil have very different political opinions, they met at a community garden, and the soil brought them together. As a courtesy to Ani's vegetarian leanings, Neil has learned many new recipes.

KrAMT2M.jpg

I only had an hour or so before I had to get ready for work. So far I've added some eco-stuff to their home -- the water cachement devices and the solar panels. Neil was very disappointed to learn that the water cachement rigs were not illegal, because they were a lot more fun when he thought he'd found them being sold illicitly. I also tweaked Ani and Neil's traits, replacing Neil's family-oriented one with a maker-oriented one, and shifting Ani's vegetarian option to the eco-fiend one. I'll still play her as vegetarian, she just won't barf if she accidentally eats vension now.

X0LdPmh.jpg
    This was their house prior to eco-living. You can't see it from here, but in addition to the massive garden, there's also a LOT of candle holders.

o6p7EEd.jpg

Neil and Ani have a little girl named Charlotte, who Neil dotes on. Ani stays busy with her work as a PhD of Pollen.

Hixpxw9.jpg
    In addition to the panels and water cachement, I also added an insect farm and a candle making station for Neil and Ani to work on. They need to find a dumpster to make candles, though. I was confused about not seeing a way to sell Neil's woodwork on Plopsy, but then I realized: I keep confusing this with the knitting pack.

Neil made a quick visit to Evergreen Harbor, enough to admire the trains and things, and arrived home to learn that Ani was pregnant.

LXb4wmv.jpg

He pretended to be surprised.

Off to work now, hope to play more tonight! I can't see dragging Neil away from his 'family home', but I want to play in Evergreen Harbor. Maybe I can send Ani to the library and play her younger college self..

Post edited by Smellincoffee on
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @mercuryfoam

I'm glad I could inspire you with those little moments
    hehe.
  • AnnastasiaAnnastasia Posts: 2 New Member
    Got Summer Pregnant again, this is her 4th, we not even married or living together yet, should i make an Honest woman of her? or drop like a hot stone lol
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    Annastasia wrote: »
    Got Summer Pregnant again, this is her 4th, we not even married or living together yet, should i make an Honest woman of her? or drop like a hot stone lol

Couldn't help but notice your username. I spell my Christian name with just one 'n'. ;) As for Summer, make an honest Sim of her already, LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Eco Lifestyle is out everywhere now! Is everyone who has it enjoying it? :D I've done two renos so far - the Shipping Views (full tour here, I had fun with this one!), which is more or less the build that the Fyres sisters will be living in, and the Caboose (full tour here), which came out really well, I think!

Haven't even started gameplay yet, I've been trying to finish off my main Jamie's new place. I have no idea what I'm going to do with his plants, he has almost the full set and there's literally not enough room! Underground hydroponics room, maybe...?

@BlueSeaWaves it looks great! Oh man I'm so hyped for the new builds we'll be getting with the ladders!

@Koteyka I mean, storms are always fun! Aww, matching plaid! Peter needs to get in on it too XD Guitar sounds like fun, no harm in being multi-instrumental! Lightsabers!! I had one of those when I was younger. And by younger, I mean 12-13. Oh goodness I didn't know that interaction existed, that's so cute! Such a sweet little trick or treating session!

@sunblond Omar seems like a sweet kid beneath all the... teenagery-ness XD Poor Salim, not having his mother and older brother's support... Oh wow, that bowling club sounds full-on, though!

@Daephene thank you! I mean, she's got an Irish background and is ginger, she had to have freckles XD

@lasummerb aww, Monica is a cutie!

@sarabeth2984 ooh, good luck with Evergreen Harbour! Poor Simeon - geeks not having a computer is a fate worse than death!

@Duvelina oh wow, Nancy vs Max is a bit of drama!

@Becka28 thanks! Yeah, I'm interested to see how they end up interacting - they're not the only siblings who are opposite each other in Renegades vs Paragon (Max and Luna are as well), but given that Morgan is/was a Renegade who also literally had the Good trait makes me think her heart definitely wasn't in it. And yeah, it'll be interesting seeing how they start renegotiating their relationship in a new context.

And oh wow, I don't think I've ever seen that part of San Myshuno!
  • O-meezyO-meezy Posts: 165 Member
    edited June 2020
    @lasummerb Monica is adorable!

@BlueSeaWaves That build looks awesome!

@Smellincoffee How are you enjoying Eco Lifestyle? I'm still on the fence about getting it

@Becka28 Those wedding shots are perfect!

(Long update incoming)
    The Ayers family had just gotten back from their vacation in Selvadorada when Zion decided to call a family meeting. He said, their vacation was so fun, that they should go on a camping trip next!

TjiGe87.png

Sadly, everyone else wasn't as excited as he was about this idea

2mxXRkT.png
    vXsVaix.png

Dre: "Dad, we just got back from a vacation where I almost died in some temple and you want me to go back into the wilderness??

BZozOvT.png

Avery really didn't want to go and tried to convince Zion that it was a bad idea

Avery: "Honey, maybe we should take a few weeks to rest before heading out again? I'm tired, the kids are tired...
    zGDVtZC.png

Zion: "It'll be great! No technology, few people, quality family time, it's just what we all need!
    KcLN5WT.png

The thought of not having a bar to go made Avery burst into tears
    nz6igDf.png

Zion: "Plus I already reserved the campground for us so lets go!
    ftNiCBn.png

So they family packed up and headed to the campgrounds. When they got there Zion couldn't be happier to be roughing it in the great outdoors
    tiZydgt.png

Everyone else, was bored out of their minds and just doing whatever they could to pass the time
    2KhfNGw.png
    qCf4fk7.png
    WKiZ9Vw.png

Talia: "Mom, why did I have to come?
    ufqG3bL.png

Avery: "If I have to suffer out here, we're all suffering out here. It's only for 2 days, it'll be over soon
    tBCd78d.png

Later that day, the family decided to have a nice campfire
    3VozZCa.png

Which immediately went wrong when one of the chairs caught fire
    ChMvfNI.png

ZMLb4A7.png

But they ended up putting it out and having an even better campfire later that night
    iGqwzH1.png

Sv4426g.png

6sUQvVm.png

Avery and both went to sleep for the night while Zion and Talia stayed up. Zion had the great idea to have to fun with his daughter and decided that they should turn into their dark forms and terrorize the campground with their vampire powers. *click the spoiler tag*
    C46EsEV.png
    sftwm9G.png

bgQZK9c.png
    lRoDH64.png
    K1Di4yB.png
    f3pId44.png
    WCflImU.png

And for the next few hours, they ran around the campground mesmerizing and drinking the plasma of everyone they found lol

Avery woke up the next morning in a pretty bad mood. The tent they had wasn't the most comfortable so she didn't sleep too well
    gnWSu48.png
    exlUESC.png

She went on a walk to try and help her bad mood but as soon as she left, it started raining really heavy...
    wCGEuBU.png

And then she ran into this guy in a bear suit who tried scaring her
    bklJGY0.png

S8Vkq5g.png

But she REALLY wasn't in the mood for this guys shenanigans and decided that enough was enough
    DEakSnS.png
    xMzRMyP.png

She whipped out her magic wand, and cast a fire spell on the bear to set him on fire

eohkdFh.png
    UiHlyJP.png

And followed that up with an ice spell to freeze him in place
    l0Q2SHc.png

Instead of defrosting him, she decided that she wouldn't bother. So she left the bear there and continued her walk in peace
    VqrtY1m.png

Post edited by O-meezy on
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited June 2020
    Aurora went on a date and her date decided to woohoo somebody else in the middle of the date. I put a curse on the guy because she doesn't need a plumb like that. She was enraged and her speciality is Untamed Magic. Morgyn taught her a new spell while she was enraged. I think he is an agent of Chaos sometimes. Teaching an enraged student Untamed Magic can't end well I tell you. It just can't.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,841 Member
    edited June 2020
    Edit okay I'm annoyed I don't know what's wrong with the spoilers but I'm done messing with it it'll just have to be like this meh.
    Mmkay so not sure what I missed after my last post but I decided to drop my gameplay for eco living right in the same save.....so here go.
    fX73Zmp.png
    So the star of the show is Knox I changed some things but he's a nice base sim and very moody...so I love him.

'Me? Really'

Hush...and don't speak-think to the camera.
    nDVMazV.png
    Knox thought to get out of the house and grab a drink, people were mostly ignoring him, focused on their conversations, going out of their way to avoid him...so everything was normal. Then as he was saying his good byes to the barkeep he saw her. what little good mood he had was fading.

"Knox?"
    VbcLOz1.png
    "Matt...I'm leaving."

True to his word she didn't get a word in though she could at least catch up to him.
    VCnMNil.png
    "Now wait a minute, you could at least talk to me."

He frowned, he knew her at a glance but she still seemed so unlike herself, unlike the girl he used to know not to mention the kid that used to play with him this wasn't really Matt anymore, just Matilda he couldn't help but be uncomfortable. This town had always been something of it's own embarrassment kids were usually smaller, weaker for longer even he felt off still and his whole life had played out here she was a frail sickly kid. That could barely keep up with him some even thought she was a boy most of their life, when she left she still sort of looked like that now she stood in front of him and he had to accept he wasn't as over her as he told himself he was and that...ticked him off. She left him why should he care what she looked like or be even the slightest happy she was there. He could chase off the best of them and kept up that mood no matter how much it wanted to fade.

"I don't feel like it"

"Knoxy don't be a pain come give me a hug I only left cause I had to... don't act like we aren't friends anymore."

He nearly growled at her.

"We ARENT." he snapped making her smile fall, as he felt guilt making a gross mess of his current mood but stood firm.
    0bVxcIz.png
    "But..."

"Just stay away from me, you couldn't keep in contact you should have kept it that way."

"I know but.."

He was off in a moment, to his credit he was among the few that could live there and still grow properly he probably couldn't beat an athlete from Willow Creek but he was right on top here even just a few hours back in town she felt a little weary and only sighed.
    OhzifiO.png
    'Well that was a bust....'
    Cca5ggl.png
    He returned home where somewhat unfortunately his mother was out and about, she smiled seeing him, she was somewhat used to his moods but it was still obvious enough this was different.

"What happened?"

"No..."

"UGGGGGGGGGGGgh Blossom it doesn't matter leave your over grown brat alone and come help me with dinner." Mary groaned, though they adopted Knox when he was young only Blossom really took to him and Mary had been jealous ever since.

"Now now, go on and grill I'll be right there."

Knox rolled his eyes.

"Nothing."

"Don't lie to me young man." though the pollution had damaged his once healthy hair he was plenty young, and even more so to his mama.
    tGMF2qc.png

"Matilda came back." he muttered, he didn't know why had to feel guilty she was supposed to be his everything and took off without an explanation he could hate her if he wanted.

Even if he didn't want to, he was brought out of his thoughts by her squealing.

"Oh! Little Mat-mat is back! I can't wait to see her!!"

He felt a little sick she always adored Matilda, they would have been married with a house full of kids by now if it had been up to her.
    0j3oHXk.png
    The idea set him off.

"It's nothing to be happy about she should have stayed gone. "

"Knox don't be like that, call her over she knows where we live I sent postcards so she'd never forget." he sighed, yep straight adored and that only aggravated him more.

"I'm going for a jog then I'm leaving I know where I want to stay."

"Honey...." she started sadly.

"Let him go, he can be a disappointment elsewhere!" Mary added, he didn't have time for her today.
    D3g76AD.png
    She sighed heavily, she wondered how long he had been planning to leave there was no reason he couldn't stay home, there wasn't much to move to here.

"Stubborn boy..."

8arXPR4.png
    Little out of story side note I thought we weren't gonna get billed for fires put out before they got here but guess so, see her wife was on fire and I had her extinguish herself guess the firefighters were offended lol.

Moving on..
    WZ34QBC.png
    She was worried about her son.
    prRQ7FU.png
    But she knew with the lack of value in property around here if he wanted to move he could and her word meant nothing, he wished he could say he was simply overreacting which he probably was but his mind didn't work that way. He wasn't going to take being abandoned again well he had his two times and that was plenty for him he preferred to leave before more could happen to him, though he'd miss his mom.

He just didn't want to be where she was going to be there was just no way she'd come home and miss seeing his mother.[/spoiler]
    rPS94nr.png
    Never seen someone be so angry and stay that way making a salad...heh.
    o2QTC2e.png
    A knock to the door grabbed his attention he was a little surprised to see it was his mother.

"How did you find me?"

"That's not how I raised you to greet people boy."

He rolled his eyes though a stern grin, something he was sure she invented had him wise up.

"Hi mom....how did you find me?"

"That's better, there aren't many places to run to I figured you'd be here you always loved this place when you were younger."

He sighed.

"Why don't you come in?" he said, giving up.

"Mary is here too."

Now he was even more annoyed.

"You can wait inside."

"And you're making a salad for us."

he rolled his eyes.

"yes ma'am..."
    lAruO1q.png
    "nice place here."

"Yeah lots of refurbished stuff...I'd been eyeing it a while but...." well seeing Matilda said there was no time to waste.

"Yes yes you're miffed but I know you were happy to see her you were so close, remember when you used to pretend you were brothers to get free treats on your "birthday"?" he smiled, if only briefly, they got up to a lot of nonsense. You had to, to stay sane and he wasn't sure even did that well.

He did want to call her, almost regretted not hugging her, well he did but he wouldn't admit that much even to himself.

"What would you do if Mary just up and left you?"

"I'd hug her and never let go the next time I saw her." he sighed, cause she was only mean to Knox he thought his mother was a little blind but stopped trying to fight that too.
    E8XOAUW.png
    Mary was quick to leave but Blossom would miss him.

"Your room is always waiting for you honey."

"I'll be fine mom."

"Talk to Mat-mat, find out why she left even you can't stay mad forever." she used to ignore Mary teasing Knox she thought if it happened enough he might just grow a thicker skin and ignore her which was sort of true it just didn't have the lasting effect she would have wanted.

Now she was just used to it.

He snorted and she left.
    ZhyX6Of.png
    First time being entirely alone at home...that wouldn't do.
    feF33kb.png
    Ulx4IlC.png
    He picked out a cat and it was an easy bond.

"You're going to keep me going right little guy?" he chuckled as Jim meowed.

"What? Too much work? Too bad I already bought the cat litter."

"Meow!"

-Aye aye captain!-

"You can go now." he muttered to the woman, who was tired of him already, who adopted a pet this late at night?
    VGEyxk6.png
    The same type that plays with said pet at four in the morning, that's who.
    dhJQPjD.png
    "Meowwwwwwwwwwwwwww."

-I'm a little teapot...-
    9h3HkEc.png
    Just his look as I wake him up to talk to the town rep or whoever she is.
    7ZKX11R.png
    mBiWKNl.png
    I don't know where Jim went but I got him back.

"Meow meow!"

-I like fish snacks! Fish snacks are good...lalalala-

lol.
    IifxGLE.png
    I took Matilda out and Tina showed up she wasn't in much of a better mood but Matilda only sighed.

"Not you too TT I got enough of that with Knox."

"Gee I wonder why."

"TT!"

She hufffed.

"I'll buy you a drink."

She shrugged.

"Whatever." she could only dream about Knox ever being that easy.
    bXrjKVr.png
    "What's it like being back?" Tina asked.

"Good...kind of, still getting used to it."

"I can see that, Miss Fancy came back from San Myshuno with perfectly working lungs." she laughed as Matilda grinned.

"I'm sorry..."

"It's okay sometimes you need to just...get away, just do better now that you're back."

"Speaking of..."

"Yessssss?"
    I6bPzX4.png
    "How do I reach Knox, even free juice isn't enough."

Tina laughed.

"Who says you reached me?"

"Nobody but you spoke to me so I'm glued to you, deal with it and answer me."

She grinned.

"Okay maybe I missed you a teeny bit, as for Knox you have to give him time and even then well you know how he is."

Matilda felt a little disheartened, cause she did he didn't really change he just got taller and his anger was directed at her this time.

QRNU7xb.png
    They hung out a while longer before Tina had to go to work but she got one hug.

"Now that you're back take it easy...and don't even think about leaving again, I have a trash compactor and I'm not afraid to use it." she somewhat threatened.

With a laugh Matilda hugged her tighter.

"Noted."

She just wished she knew what else she could really do, Knox was just a challenge,he always had been.[/spoiler]
    Post edited by RedDestiny92 on
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    My sim made bell pepper soda today. Mmmmm..... xD
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member

The newest additions to my gameplay

8K1rFfF.jpg
    Felipe 🐸🐸🐸🐸

Q1XMmUV.jpg
    Miranda Denney

xoI8LLl.jpg
    Happy Birthday to Roxanne Denney

Conversations overheard at Roxanne Denney’s birthday party

Dina Denney (Calente)
    I know I said we weren’t going to move and I meant it at the time. But, that was before I had two toddlers running around house and Cristian campaigning hard for a 3rd child. So I gave in, I caved really, caved to peer pressure on both. All our friends have bigger houses and smaller families. Sigh, I never thought I was the keeping up with the Joneses type, but there you go.

Crisrian Denney
    Yeah, baby number 3, need to replace my Roxie, she’ll be going off to school soon and making new friends, she won’t have time for her old dad so much anymore. She grew up so fast, I got to take advantage of the time I have left with Miranda before the baby comes.
    Oh, I don’t care, as long as it’s healthy. I mean, I wouldn’t mind if it was a boy this time.

Nina Frey (Calente)
    No, Dina and I are not competing. This was the last one, 2 children is enough, not that my husband would mind another. Who would have ever imagined me, of all people, marred to a man who runs a day care? Honestly, I didn’t see it going anywhere when he asked me out, but he was so handsome and I really liked him, anyway the heart wants what it wants.

Kyle Jeffries
    Took them long enough, that other house was way too small. With two toddlers running around, you couldn’t turn around without stepping on one. Besides, Cristian is a big shot now, not that you’d know, him being a spy and all, but take it from me, he’s pulling in the big bucks, plus, Dina got a couple big raises too.
    How did little Roxanne get so big? I got to make more time for these kids, seems I hardly get to know them before they’re having another birthday.

Salim Jeffries (Benali)
    We filled out the paperwork already, now we have to pass all the interviews with the Social Worker. Then we’ll see, I guess. I try not to get my hopes up, in case, you know, things don’t work out. Kyle’s really excited, that man gets worked up about something and goes all in from the get go. Even things out of his control, so I worry, he gets so disappointed if things don’t go the way he wants, he is very sensitive like that.

Katrina Calente
    They call me “Nanna” I’m no one’s granny, thank you. Roxie reminds me of Dina when she was that age, she has this expression when she doesn’t get her way, it takes me right back to when my Dina was little.

Jade 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (Rosa)
    Yes, Dina’s expecting, you heard right. They literally just found out. I’m sure they are hoping for a boy. Cristian has been spending a lot of time with Hector lately, I don’t have the heart to tell him that he really comes over to see Felipe.

Hector 🐸🐸🐸🐸
    Kids grow up so fast, my Felipe will be the next one to go off to school. We really have to break him from the habit of taking off his clothes and running around naked though, and not just in the house. He is so headstrong, he must get that from Jade. She wants us to be really careful with this, she says we could give him some kind of hang up about his body if we do it incorrectly. I don’t know, my dad just spanked me, that worked, but that is not the proper way, I know that.

Omar Benali
    Uncle Kyle is really psyched up about it, sure, but Salim is too, he doesn’t let on though, so most people don’t know how much he is into this adoption thing. It’s not a done deal yet, there is still red tape to get through.
    Oh, I’m totally on board with it. They asked me first, they don’t usually do that. Like, I found out I was officially their responsibility now. There was some question about my status, so they had to show the Social Worker these legal documents making me their Ward, or something. I didn’t know that, neither they or my mom had said anything about it to me before.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    Hmmmm, I think I'm 5 pages behind. I will work on that....

I had tons of problems with my game, but the fix worked. In the meantime, before the fix, I'd made 5 different test saves. Here's little tale from one of them

Which Noncommittal Sim is the most Noncommittal? Take a guess and read on :)

Poor J, all alone making fruit salad for himself

oGDriW3.png

He read on these forums that he’d probably get along well with some guy named Don Lothario. After all @KiniHokulani said he would

bFOSxNW.png

She was right! They got along well Very quickly!

EK7SfPZ.png

And I figured that someone should be lovin’ Don Lothario at the Caliente’s place

muZIwde.png
    So that’s what they did!

FdgPUwN.png

Fast forward and they run into each other at the gym

dRjOtY4.png

Don seems to like J

Q5xgsrD.png

Friends who do synchronized pushups together are meant for each other? Idk.

AdtdcYp.png

Of course you need a good soak in the jacuzzi after a work out

YJW4E9n.png

Or maybe a good work out in the jacuzzi?

irnSo0A.png

They think it’s the best option

g3DSQIW.png

Back inside for drinks and conversation!

mF9oEeD.png

And Don being Don

6E7JL8C.png

And I s *** you not, look who showed up the next evening? (I’ve been playing as J the whole time)

oE8uP1c.png

He was sooooo happy to be with J

0d8IpSO.png

J was pretty happy too

AxYemdb.png

hBkRhY8.png

J asked him to spend the night, so he did. Finally he had someone to share his fruit salad!

ExprPeS.png

Romantic Don is romantic

1EZvqgo.png

Attention ***** J is loving it!

KrIqqnY.png

Noncommittal Don is freaked out!!! Why did J like that so much?

jp6g3br.png

Attention ***** J is offended

6UUSRN8.png

Nope! Not really! Lmao!

BBmx10c.png

This is seriously how this went! I was laughing so hard! Look how offended Don is that J isn’t upset!! Oh Lord it was magical!!!

vCQd1My.png

Sooooo, the next day I played as Don to see if J would call Don, or come over to his house, like Don came to J’s place. Nope, not a peep. And I kept Don busy all day, because J works until 7

T5fhSEn.png

But not a peep or sight of J, as of 8:30, the annoying little creep! So Don asked him out on a date.

It2dqxm.png

To the art museum, lol! What??

0OaA4LL.png

Someone is impressed

XHD04kQ.png

Don is proud

MqN66y4.png

Someone is still impressed! Lmao, she never moved!

hff0tNu.png

Romantic Don is romantic again

9QZK83B.png

Attention ***** J is loving the attention again

3Pqxnom.png

Noncommittal Don is freaked out again!!! Why did J like that so much?

KN2FNE6.png

“Calm down Don, you’re the one asking me on dates Dude” (He seriously laughed it off again! This is the funniest thing to watch!)

CrrEKC2.png

“We good here? I’m not going to ask you to be my boyfriend, ok Don?”

Id8OVW6.png

Another Spoiler! Don't miss it!!
    Hmmmm, well, maybe Don is not ok with that!! Honestly Dude, get it together!

DxLfGuK.png

SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
    edited June 2020
    @O-meezy I can't say just yet...I've only been playing it for five, six hours tops. It's continuing to grow on me!

So, tonight I played Ani & Neil again. Ani decided to take on the project of reforming Evergreen Harbor, but since Neil had his family house to take care of, and they wanted to keep their kids living in the clean country air (they now have two, Charlotte and Kier), Ani went alone but with some of the money. She stepped down from her position as Phd of Pollen to work as a civil engineer, and is living in some refurbished shipping containers. She floundered for a bit trying to figure out how exactly to clean up the harbor -- running her home on solar panels and rainwater didn't have any appreciable effect, nor did continuing to go to the landfill lot and clean up trash. However, four weeks in, some green-oriented policies have come up and been voted for. Ani has a LOT of influence (she accumulates 600+ every week some how), so whatever she wants she gets. Now the harbor has more trees.

17fTNdF.jpg
    Only in Sims 4 would there be a queue for digging out of the dumpster! I was frustrated by the fact that the Landgraabs kept stealing all the garbage before Ani could get to it, until I realized (1) the trash regenerates after a few minutes and (2) you can buy a dumpster and stick it on your home lot for easy access.

Some shots:
    4j5TZPH.jpg
    Ani making candles.

0NhGv5G.jpg
    The fabricator can be...messy. Ani is covered in paint from head to toe!

NSf5sBC.jpg
    Ani visits home several times a week, but Neil still doesn't want her in his kitchen. :D

nmRE9Sl.jpg
    Speaking of, woohooing in the dumpsters can generate up to 5 piles of rubbish to recycle for bits and pieces.

Post edited by Smellincoffee on
    @RedDestiny92

I like him, he is a unique character and he seems to
    be fun to play too from your update.

@AlwaysAsking

OH geez girl, what a treat to see an update from you
    this morning. I love the J and Don update they are both so handsome.
    And those shirtless photos omg I love it <3
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Finished two actual builds, not renos! First - stacked container eco house with a lot of greenery! This is the Luxurious Box Living, tour available here. It's based on the house I built for Jamie!

2L5bNXB.png
    G0kuKnR.png
    fIt9wsc.png
    bJokPEn.png
    xWNzh21.png

Please thank my tester, human!Caleb, for that last work of art ;)

Second, a working lofted tiny house! This took a bit of experimenting to work out, seriously! Lofted tiny, full tour here!

lizFgyO.png
    C8Wuh1X.png

@RedDestiny92 oooh, Knox looks great with long hair! Kind of a sad story, though - I feel really bad for both Knox and Matilda, and man, why is Mary so hard on him? :(

@AlwaysAsking ooh, battle of the noncommitals! I'm gonna guess Don - it's literally his archetype. Art gallery, huh? And I'm getting the feeling I might be wrong... and yup, I was! Maybe it's the romantic trait overriding the noncommittal one?
    Final Don and Thorne update

For @AlwaysAsking

Finale

tGsGwiN.png

So I followed your suggestion @AlwaysAsking and sent them out
    to have fun instead of just arguing,

NQh7vLo.png

They visited a cafeteria since it was empty and famous Thorne could
    walk inside without being disturbed.

AFWcHIW.png

I had them sit down together though there were no tables
    for four persons, but Famous Thorne sat down with second Don.

y2Swz4q.png

Things got crazy and soon Don and Don sat together, I
    had to shoo some other sims out.

wsgdyFB.png

Don seemed to admire famous Thorne.

O9yGj8T.png

Non-famous Thorne looked a bit clueless.

ZhIihkv.png

First Don enjoyed himself

MpniVZv.png

They all ordered things to eat

zWhnACd.png

Thorne looks pleased with his food

JUOlpBi.png

Later Thorne decided to become friends with famous Thorne.
    Don looking suspicious in the background.

b8c0XN7.png

More ordering stuff.

DiQkloa.png

An automatic hug

2aNb56s.png

Friends

the end

• Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited June 2020
    @ryttu3k I adore the stacked container build. It is beautiful. Lucky Jamie. He always gets the nicest places to live in your games. We haven't seen him for awhile - can we have a screenshot of him pleeeease. (I am a big fan :) )The tiny living lofted house is so sweet and getting the loft to work must of taken a lot of work.

@O-meezy lovely to see you and avery and family back in the thread. Thankyou for the wedding comment. I love doing wedding screenshiots in the sims and have been known to run a wedding more than once to get the right shots (I know there are others who do so too on this thread LOL)

@AlwaysAsking glad to see you here - I know you have a lot of demands on your time in real life but I always worry when you aren't here for a few days :) I love J. and Don. I always love Js facial expressions - I wanted to comment on a few but I swear every single picture I wanted to say what I loved about Js face (this is probably why even though he whines and breaks hearts - he does get to play in so many of my saves!) The raised eyebrow in the jacuzzi shot really did my heart in - I would know i should say no but would say yes to that LOL. And Don - poor Don - doesn't want to be tied down but doesn't want to share people either . He is such a funny sim. The patch said they were reducing date requests from sims who aren't friendly with your sim but they seem totally nerfed altogether even when you have a full pink line. Jesminder being a creepy voyeur at the art centre is what happens all the time in my games - she has no boundaries. It pleases me that the beret makes her bald as punishment hahaha. (Diego also likes to invite sims there for dates). Synchronised pushups gave me a giggle but are they wasted if no one is watching and appreciating? J. can't watch Don and vica versa. While J. is the master of interesting, funny and all round best sim facial expressions - Don is the master of the dreamy look - he uses it in almost every shot but why wouldn't you when you are as good at it as Don? I love that Don doesn't know his own mind. I don't want you but I want you to want me and hang on I want you but now you want me I feel trapped etc. My favourite look though was the one where J. asked him to stay the night (below the line J. had someone to share his fruit salad with finally).

What happened in my game:
    I have been playing my breed out the weird legacy which I play on short life span which means the sims don't really care for their aspirations and goals etc but the family play is a lot more intense because they don't have much time. They have had a very bad last couple of days...

Firstly their plumbing seems to have opened up a portal to hell....
    MXTjy8Ll.png
    It only starts to flame when 2 or 3 of my sims use it (before they sit down not after - not some vicious curry after effects going on LOL) and it doesn't effect gameplay but its a funny glitch.

Being on short lifespan means there is a lot of this:
    pCxZQzml.png
    RfAVqb4l.png

This poor toddler doesn't know why the adults won't stop crying but she wishes they would...(this is one of the 6 grandchildren of Lucas Munch - the game did me dirty - he must have died off lot as I cant find his urn grrr)
    cFMcrhpl.png

The really bad day started with.....
    both cats (who were different ages when adopted) dying simultaneously. Oh no Wallace and Maya don't leave us!
    97nxU2ul.png

The current heir to the legacy had adored the cats - he always took them to the vet instead of just handing them a wellness treat.
    myAlY3Wl.png

It was too much for him so he passed away that evening..
    OUQdTQYl.png

And then his poor wife aged to elder right after - she was not happy....
    HjFWPtgl.png

When she recovered from her grief she formed an elder friendship club and found a little bit more than friendship...
    KxexC6Wl.png

But of course those elders have no sense of romance and one rudely died before they got the first kiss in. The mood was ruined.
    fQMesL6l.png

Then it was her son's birthday party. The pet adoption lady had bought over a dog earlier ....... a sweet collie named Nibbler (couldn't go past the slightly derpy face and the Futurama reference name) but she wouldn't leave.
    oWmoA7Ll.png?1

And she rudely up and died at the birthday party causing everyone to cry again. And even worse the dog carrier is now stuck in our living room and I can't even delete it in build mode. How RUDE!
    rEgyig5l.png

So the romance festival rolled around... I thought here's something to cheer up my sims...
    Grandma did manage to get her first kiss from her new boyfriend and a few more....
    FIBBMutl.png?1

But then the heat of the moment passion took over- he rejected her kindly, he gently laid his hand on the ring and the speech notification said slow down, we have only just kissed lets wait a few days before rushing into more. Much better than Morgyn slapping the ring across the room and raging.
    M7VmUsdl.png
    of course she was mortified... but thankfully didn't die.
    tmKQroJl.png

While this was happening I saw Orange Bailey-Moon who is now an adult , try to kiss the wife of the now current heir - the couple from my wedding post. She shoved him hard backwards - wish I had a screenshot of Orange being rejected hard! I wanted her husband to fight or yell at Orange but he couldn't do anything but the 3 or 4 celebrity interactions. But because he had talked to Clementine - her interaction wheel had opened up so....

she told him clearly that NO means NO - something Orange has obviously not heard before.
    Aljm54Wl.png

Unfortunately her husband Harrison has the very angry moodlet about having a flirty spouse - bro, your wife was the victim here!

Post edited by Becka28 on

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: If your neighborhood enacts Sharing is Caring, DO NOT have houseguests. Especially do not have a party. If you insist on having parties, keep everyone locked outside. Your house will be EMPTIED otherwise.

I've been playing Ani on her quest to clean up Evergreen Harbor (almost done!) , but today I decided to switch to Neil, her prepper husband. They were living together, but Ani's job has taken her to the harbor to help in the cleanup efforts. Anyhoo, Neil! He's been minding his grubs, chickens (that's not an eco thing, it's CC), bees, and many plants, but it's time for little Charlotte's birthday. I was annoyed to see a mermaid, one of the party guests, stealing a BUNCH of stuff -- and surprised, when I moved her in to get it back, to find that she didn't have the kleptotrait. (I also couldn't find Neil's stuff, so I just kept the mermaid's $20,000 and kicked her out. Serves you right!) Then I saw OTHER people do it, and they were absolute menaces. The living room was empty, the kitchen was empty, the bar & logic room were empty. I happened to think about the NAPs, and spotted that Sharing is Caring had been enacted. Neil had it repealed, and he also took $30,000 from Victor Feng in retaliation. (...not to mention Lily moved in for a week to be his full time babysitter for Charlotte and Kier. Now she's served her time and can go back home. :D )

QQ5HIjf.jpg
    STOP, YOU COMMIES!

YgIu6Zq.jpg
    Because I've temporarily removed a certain mod that would allow for violent retaliation, Neil is getting rid of this stealing/sharing crap peaceful-like.

kLx5Ah7.jpg
    Ani hanging out with the kids. Although she lives in Evergreen Harbor, she still comes over to the main house in Newcrest every other day.

76VrQJP.jpg
    I just downloaded a chicken coop item that works, and didn't realize that the object creates a 'friend'...

FYIgfpB.jpg
    Now that we have ladders, I can actually use Neil's storm shelter / food storage area for items. Charlotte has a playroom now!

• haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I've been so busy, it's been a while since I've read this thread. I'm trying to catch up with everyone's posts.

@Alwaysasking I'm surprised that Don and Thorne are still together. I'm even more surprised that they seem to be doing well. It makes me uneasy. I'm glad that Don was able to meet Danni. She looks so much like her mother and seems to have her mother's sweet personality as well. I don't really see much of Don in her. I just hope Don continues to be a good father to his daughters.

@Duvelina I'm not very familiar with your sims, but I really enjoyed your post on Hugo and Sofia. If Sofia needs help, I hope that she gets it. Hugo seems very caring. I look forward to reading more about them.

@MelanieScribbles I love how you take such care of your sims. Tatiana had maxed skills and grades before aging up. I try to do that with mine, but it's tiring - by the time the last child of a generation rolls around ... that child's grades are great, but they have minimal skills. Great party decorations and she grew up very pretty.

@Swansong93 Are Barry and Byron twins? They're so cute.

@RedDestiny92 Love your Easter themed family. Their names and outfits/colors are fun. I'm looking forward to reading more about Mckensie and Alabaster, though. Is she human?

@sarabeth2984 I have to catch up on your posts. Griffin has 4 kids and he defeats Jacques? :o His twins are adorable, though, and I love that he gets a castle as his reward.

@ryttu3k Love your Ecoliving builds. You built such lovely homes so quickly.

@Smellincoffee I'm sorry for your sims - I guess they shared a bit more they intended. Thanks so much for that PSA.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @ryttu3k Yeah, Nancy and Max aren't the best of friends but honestly, no one seems to like Max much. 😅

@haneul Thank you for reading! Their story is a sad one, but one worth telling.
  • Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    @DeafSimmer Thank you.
    @sarabeth2984 Thank you.

Carolina Behr Bae: Wedding
    49666757607_477f62a72f_c.jpg
    It is finally our wedding date.
    We arrived in Sulani and discoved it was raining there.
    Not exactly the weather we wanted at the weddinc ceremony.
    49665936658_bd187a7f38_c.jpg
    All the guests ran inside.
    49665936608_13dc5a3326_c.jpg
    Fortunately everyone came outside to watch me & Kit get married.
    49665936543_c59b2a607a_c.jpg
    Kit told me our wedding party is the best experience we have shared so far.
    I told him I aggree with him. It is the best experience in our lives so far.
    49666478136_5e7897ccfb_c.jpg
    Everyone enjoyed the rest of the wedding party inside at the bar.
    49665936443_f5a9afc265_c.jpg
    My brother Daniel Vera Le Chien, cousin Ava Huerta Lobo & brother Eric Vera Le Chien have fun.
    49666757357_7fe96cfbcf_c.jpg
    Cousin Beatrice Huerta Lobo told me she wish to get married someday too.
    She hasn’t met someone to fall in love with yet.
    49666478031_aff3c08994_c.jpg
    My dad is proud to have seen 3 of his daughters get married this week. Jamie married Eric Lewis, Britt married Bruce Sterling & I married Kit Bae. Our mum Candy Behr would have been proud too if she had been alive.
    49665936223_ae42a33118_c.jpg
    Weddingphoto of Mr. & Mrs. Behr Bae.

Life as newlyweds
    49666477856_180a790446_c.jpg
    Kit got a job as athlete, so we went to the gym to work out.
    49666581228_9cc363bb4b_c.jpg
    My husband loves to work out as often as he can.
    49666581283_b8858e90d1_c.jpg
    Today he almost burned down the kitchen.
    He will become a better chef as he learns to cook.
    49666581523_4eddc0a6bb_c.jpg
    I love the newlyweds time with dates & flirting.
    49667124286_516da58c99_c.jpg
    I got a beautiful red rose on our date tonight.
    49667406112_d5d5542b4f_c.jpg
    We enjoy every moment of newlywed life. Because soon Kit will start to work & I will become a student.
    49667124176_3b92a329b1_c.jpg
    I will always remember the good feelings we shared as newlyweds.

Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Luna

Snowball-Fight-with-Allyson.png
    Luna’s day started off with a snowball fight with Allyson. They gathered and threw snow at each other for about an hour until both had to go to school, one to learn and one to teach.

Grading-Schoolwork.png
    Around 3 PM, after work, Luna went to the library to grade homework. The library was the one place she could find some peace and quiet. Allyson was a sweetheart, but she demanded quite some attention. Lately, Allyson had entered a rebellious phase. She could be sweet one moment and an actual nightmare the next.

Mouse-Surprise.png
    When all homework was graded and dinner had been eaten, Luna decided to visit her brother Hugo in his apartment. She’d never been there before and wanted to see the place, but as soon as she entered the living room a mouse came running at her. An actual scream erupted from her mouth and she jumped back, asking someone to do something about it. Hugo shot into action and got rid of the mouse with a trap and some cheese.

Talking-with-Sofia.png
    While Hugo was taking care of the critter problem, Luna and Sofia hung out in the bedroom. They had always been friends, being in the Paragons together since they were teens, so conversation flowed easily between them.

Hanging-Out-with-Hugo.png
    Eventually, Sofia got tired and decided to go to bed, so Luna had some of Hugo’s homemade food, her favourite, while catching up with her twin brother and asking about potential moving plans in his future because he couldn’t possibly keep living in this dump. Hugo assured her everything was fine and they were working on making the place their own. Sofia worked hard to be able to rent this place so Hugo wanted to try his hardest to make it livable at every turn, but it was harder than it seemed at first glance because problems kept turning up wherever you looked. The utility box starts sparking, then the shower breaks followed by a mouse suddenly running through the apartment. It was an endless assembly line of issues. He didn’t tell Luna any of that though. He didn’t want to worry her, but he also didn’t say that living here wasn’t Hugo’s idea of a future either.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member
    I try out the new things from EL with a new save, so I have no story yet. At first, I have updated my gym for the new content, adding some dumpsters and a few decorations, change the lottraits.

Now I'm testing the expension with Aaron and Abigail, it's not a good picture because it was night and I had barely lights on.

rrn74OG.png

I made him a freegan and perfectionist, getting him a job was a bad idea, buying too much stuff is a bad idea. Well he has a a very hard time in fabricating, because he needs more time and the machine always breaks before he is finished, right now at frabrication skill level 7 he still need 4 tries when producing one furniture item, it takes almost a full day.
    xjHkRw8.png

cwmI8QD.png

r1yCdHZ.png

2MzVVVo.png

7zNyxHD.png

The tv is so broken, a never ending repair story. I wish I didn't sold the repaired monstrous tv for 5000 simeleons.

YP7rCUZ.png

But Abigail stands for him and they a lovers now. She has the other new job But with the rag to riches playstyle she is still in the lower rangs of the job.

Yk4Vt66.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top