Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

Comments

• badxwolfxrisingbadxwolfxrising Posts: 69 Member
    I didn't have issues with the money but I just started the challenge anew, so having 30,000 to play with to start building my TARDIS was definitely helpful as it cost me that much just to build a console room and i honestly could've spent more on that alone. I figure a Time Lord would amass quite a collection over the years, so I'd probably be inclined to spend leftover money on fancy art or sculptures to mix in with the mementos and enhance that museum sorta feel.
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited August 2019
    Here's Seventh's tragic story where her companions both died of old age. The heartbreak was so intense that she regenerated to Eighth.
    bvVbXnl.jpg

JPvigUS.jpg

bKHzC2S.jpg

EHF2bAC.jpg

P4f1rVi.jpg

U8kDZ6E.jpg
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
    Yowza! This is going to be a lot of fun for a Time Lord. The wands could stand-in as a sonic screwdriver, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L09ld07hEVc
    I just downloaded Strangerville finally, since it was on sale. I can't wait to have my Time Lord cruise on by there. :D
  • SyrrricSyrrric Posts: 1 New Member
    I plan on doing this awesome challenge once I finish my 100 Baby Challenge. Downloaded a lot of great CC and mods. I have a lot of cool ideas and cc to set up a proper functioning Tardis Lot. (rocket ship reskin of a Tardis, using ROM portals to enter the tardis and Tardis doors/portal to enter a basement area where the inside will be, etc. all tested and work great.)

Anyway the main purpose of my post is to share this new Mod I just found that came out like a week ago, that's 100% perfect for this challenge, complete with regenerations and everything. I already tested it out and it's epic. https://www.patreon.com/posts/time-lords-32403287

I'm super excited to start it, so I may at least set up the Lot and everything and post pictures here when I do.
    @Syrrric that mod is fantastic! I really love the idea of a Regeneration Power and also seeing the regeration process happening as well.
    Ladders... Ladders. LADDERS!

Saves a lot of space when creating a TARDIS.

Just as I thought I've gone out, they pull me back in...
    Honestly my head exploded when I saw ladders. If we could get spiral stairs next, I would die a happy Simmer.
    Haven't played in six months (wow). Been playing VR and also been writing my novel. Since there are no new games for VR at the moment, I'm going to play this challenge again, try to see if the rules I had set myself up for holds up.

Also revisiting the rules, probably revise it so it's easy to digest (coming back to it, I'm a bit overwhelmed with what I had set up lol).
    edited June 2020
    Would love to see a revised challenge, if you were so inclined! I've been casually playing a set of Sims inspired by DW characters and it occurred to me that some of the reward traits etc... fit into fanon about Time Lords needing less sleep and being able to read very fast and things of that nature, might be neat to find a way to incorporate those things in.
    edited June 2020
    Ahhhhhhh! <3<3<3 The new Inventory system is great with this challenge! Since Collections is a big component to this challenge, having to manage the inventory was a nightmare before this. Now, if you get a new item during your excursions, you can mark it as a Favorite. And once you come back to your TARDIS, you can add it to your collection.
    Who needs a Firefighter when you've got a Time Lord!
    jlF7a0D.png

And with her trusty Sonic Screwdriver, incidents like these won't happen again.
    wzgS3VJ.png
    Eighth Healer has regenerated to the WAR Healer
    6IZfPmY.png
    BFXz9dH.png
    Just realized that I really can go crazy with the ladders inside my TARDIS. I don't have to worry about the staircase taking a lot of real estate. I can have some ladders spread out everywhere!

MV4uoEj.png

CzbTOJV.png
    So, rules have been updated, but not too drastic! Here's what changed:
    • Gameplay option "Build Mode Items Grant Gameplay Effects" needs to be "Checked"
    • Removed the rule where you can only buy beds with Comfort of 6 or less
    • Allows "motherlode" cheat ONLY ONCE and ONLY AT THE FIRST DAY of the challenge.
    • Skills objectives is removed.
    • Aspiration objectives now require you to take a selfie whenever you complete an aspiration.
    • Selfies do not count as a Memento anymore.
    • Reward traits that cost 1,000 aspiration points or less are now purchasable. However, anything over 1,000 aspiration points are forbidden.
    • Thanks to @badxwolfxrising for this suggestion. This means your Time Lord/Lady can now read twice as fast, based on Doctor Who lore.
    • Added "Companion Story Arc" in the roleplaying guide section. It's a suggestion where you can change a companion's traits as a story line.

That's it for this year! The latest patch got me back playing The Sims 4 just because of LADDERS! But Eco Living was a surprising expansion. Loving it right now, and with the sales happening, I'm thinking of buying Island Living. We'll see. Until then...

Allons-y!
    :)

I can't wait to start this challenge from scratch, should be a blast with all the new features to incorporate in. And what a fine TARDIS you've got @nastyjman !
    Thanks @badxwolfxrising !

War Healer recently regenerated to the Ninth Healer. Christopher Eccleston was my first Doctor, so I'm hyped to play this incarnation.
    G48lTcD.png

dF8GHOp.png

rWsJWEk.png

And of course, with every regeneration, the TARDIS bugs out. Off-The-Grid trait is such a fun trait; it's an excuse to barge in other Sims' homes.
    AXHz3gu.png

CJVLjTB.png
    edited October 2020
    Sentiments getting me to return to Sims 4... and Time Lord Challenge.

And platforms... No longer will the TARDIS control hub be on a flat floor!
    A new TARDIS control room. Loving the platforms!

ym66ZAY.png

lNdPiz5.png
    Currently play-testing rental lots. I think these lots work well with the challenge and also roleplaying as a Time Lord. Will update rules and guide if necessary.
    Update!

Time Traveling feels genuine right now. Prior to the vacation update, I had to go back and forth between my TARDIS and the locale I'm time traveling to. Having a rental lot within an era feels right, and you get to build sentiments with your companion, making it play more like Doctor Who.

Here are screenshot of the Bedrock Straits neighborhood that I converted into the Wild West era. The lots added are:
    • Wild West House by DebLave (converted to Rental lot type)
    • Old West Saloon by MelinaRoxanne
    • Poor Farmer's Cabin by dirty_milos
    • Caravanne Lost by idasmoot (converted to Generic lot type)
    • Sheriff and Jail House by Ashoram1
    qzVRY4D.png

7bKG661.png

0huo1Ni.png

fA1hPXI.png

SJVL7CI.png
    With the new base game patch, I updated the rules that takes advantage of "rental lots." I've always disliked how I can travel to places, but can't stay there for a set duration. Now, with the rental lots, our Time Lords can really "time travel" and vacation there. Another great thing with staying at vacation lots is having access to collectible nodes for your Time Lord's collections.

Also, I've simplified the Temperamental TARDIS. I took out the penalty rule regarding spending all of your simoleons. Since simoleones can be dumped into vacation lots, this penalty rule didn't have a place in the challenge anymore.

In summary:
    • Removed the penalty rule on Temperamental TARDIS.
    • Increased the money table on Temperamental TARDIS.
    • Changed the companion moving in rule. Can only add 1k simoleons to household.
    • Added section regarding "Rental Lots" in the Time Travel Guide.

Allons-y!
    edited January 2021
    Very curious with the next Stuff Pack! There are a lot of ghost stories in Doctor Who (are you my mummy?). Wonder if we can somehow recreate that here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3zAUlmR4vw
    Been a while since playing...

But the new update with "Likes and Dislikes" may be pertinent to the Time Lord Challenge.

Welp, time to boot TS4 once more to play this out.
    Replaying The Sims 4 as more expansions and (kits?) are rolling in. I made a minor update on the steps regarding regeneration. Right now, there's no need to enable "testingcheats" since I used that for "Modify on CAS." With the "Likes and Dislikes" update, the "Enter Create A Sim" is accessible through the Simology Panel, making the regeneration easier.

In summary

- Removed "testingcheats on" step from Regeneration Phase.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top